Close
Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

Default Normal Shadow-Pan Monastery: Sha of Violence

Hey guys & gals; I am still levelling up so this is for Normal Shado-Pan. I am having some issues with Sha of Violence for both my teams

a. Guardian, Disc, Ele, Arcane, Surv -- Avg iLvl 415
    b. Prot Paly, Resto Druid, Enh, Fury, Frost DK -- Avg iLvl 415

With the ranged group I have tried different room positions and groupings but the spikes are out-damaging my healing ability.

My questions:

1. When a spike is avoided are the lesser void energies spawned? Do you kill them and eat the damage or let them live?
    2. How do you deal with spikes? They seem to spawn very quickly with only the ground visual for queues.

Thanks

I'm having a lot of trouble w/ this guy too. Can't keep up with the damage.

Edit: I got him tonight by putting my slaves against the wall on the upper level before the stairs so they wouldn't get knocked around by spikes and making sure I kept healing rain x 4 up at all times. Was still relatively close.
    Last edited by Sildenafil : 11-21-2012 at 01:12 AM

The spikes always spawn the lesser voids. Spikes also have a cast time, so turn on the castbar visual for your target and watch for it, this way you can move out of the way.

You need all your toons spread out. This will prevent spike damage from hitting several toons at a time. Lessers also explode when they die, doing AOE damage, so being spread out will keep them from all taking massive damage.

You will also want to keep the lessers from piling up if you have any AOE damage going on. It's not too bad if one explodes, that's fairly easy to heal up. What you don't want is AOE taking out several at once or in a row.

Have a taunt set up on your tank to pull extras off your slaves so there's never more than one on any given slave and if possible try and take out the taunted lessers as they travel so they don't explode on anyone. That's harder with melee groups, I basically have 2 DPS keys that do the exact same thing, except 1 has IWT and 1 doesn't. Using the one that doesn't causes my slaves to stand there so all they can trigger are ranged abilities. You can also try using knockbacks or something that will immobilize an almost dead Lesser and moving away so they don't explode on you.

You don't need to kill every lesser that comes up. You can and SHOULD mostly ignore them unless 1. they are about to die {explode} or 2. there are several beating on one toon. Don't actively attack the lessers otherwise.

The spikes and lessers are the majority of the damage in this encounter. Focus on not getting hit by spikes or getting exploded on and things will go a lot easier on your healer. I also turn on enemy nameplates to keep an eye on the falling health of the lessers.
    Last edited by Khatovar : 11-21-2012 at 11:53 AM
    Blog : Herding Khats
    Team : Kina - Çroaker - Messkit - Lìfetaker - Wìdowmaker
    Newbie Guides : Multiboxing Vol. 1 - Multiboxing Vol. 2 - HotKeyNet - Jamba
    The Almighty Lax made a liar out of me, apparently I DO get prizes for it.
    *Commences Wielding the Banhammer like there's piñatas up in here and I'm Lady Thor*

_ Forum search letting you down? Use the custom Google search _

For the normal version, I spread my team out, burned bloodlust and all cool downs then nuked him down. I lost one toon before the end of the fight. My team is a prot pally, disc priest, ele shaman, destro lock, and arcane mage. If I remember correctly I was around 410-420 ilevel.

I tried the same strat on heroic and could only get to about 20% before being overwhelmed.

I made some adjustments and I thought I would share.

1. I changed my tank/healer between groups. I now run guardian druid, disc priest, enh shaman, fury warrior, frost dk (group1); prot paly, resto druid, ele shaman, arcane mage, surv hunter (group2).
    2. I gained a level (now 89).

When I reattempted and I had little to no issues. I just ignored the lesser void engergies; popped cooldowns at the start and he was dead before any of mine where.

I think having the disc priest in a melee group is stronger due to prayer of mending and smite healing.

Thanks for the feedback and I will keep you posted.
    Last edited by Fishbeak : 12-11-2012 at 07:09 PM

My team is Guardian Druid, Fury Warrior, Enhancment Shaman, Survival Hunter, and Holy Paladin. What i did was burned all CD's and Heroism and nuked him bigtime. However, on my enhancment shaman I glyph it for healing and make sure i keep healing rain down and use the maelstrom procs for Chain Healing instead of Chain Lightning, i lose some DPS but the offheals help alot. Other than that i ignored all other mechanics and blew it up.

My fury warrior has Impending Victory macro'd in, and my guardian druid alternates spending rage on the Dodge Ability and the Healing ability (Forget their names atm)