Close
Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

Angry Challengemode dungeons

Hi,
    Since I'm slowly getting gear of >i463 in every slot, I did try a few Challenge mode dungeons.
    Gear that is above 463 is scaled down, gear that is below that stays below.
    Gold record for certain dungeons is 12-15 min (REALM, not mine), silver slightly above it.

I am so happy the heroic mode is nothing compared to challenge mode.
    Trash kicks my ass, I wipe several times at TRASH, they hit so insane hard.
    (scarlet 2x, mogushan).
    Scarlet I did get a bit further, but the shieldblock/fire part kills me.
    So far I have not been able to reach even a boss.

Is any of you able to clear a dungeon at challenge mode anf if so, how?
    Kul Tiras - EU: [A] Prot Pala +3x Shaman + Mage @ 110
    Lots of others around 85

I was able to do Temple of the Jade Serpent. Bronze though. I'll get silver one of these days.

How? Lots of repetition. You can reset as many times as you like it seems. I didn't hit a limit. CC is a major thing. My hunters drop traps alllll the time. Also bleeding the dps is a pretty big deal.

Jade Serpent is one of the simple ones. I'd try there if you haven't... Scarlet is a sonovabitch.
    Hardware multiboxing, and looking good while doing it.

I was at one point 14s away from a top 3 time for Shado-pan Monastery with my 4x ele and warrior tank. Since I was (and still am) only interested in the #1 spot and the record time was set sharper since then I decided to make a change to my team for this instance, but that didn't pan out too well. The last trick up my sleeve is replacing the warrior tank with a dk tank, which I'm levelling up. Once 90 I'll need to farm some old item that makes my dk chuck norris. If it doesn't work out the way I expect it to be (due to changing game mechanics/patches) I'll put the challenge modes on the shelf for a while until I can find the motivation again. I've spent more time aiming for a #1 spot for a challenge mode than on anything else in MoP. It's so intense and time demanding that sometimes I'm on the verge of insanity. But still have hope that I will succeed.
    Everything that is fun in life is either bad for your health, immoral or illegal!

What do CMs give for valor? i read a blue say its best way to get valor..even at bronze. Also, Zenga, if your aiming for #1..have you got gold? Cant wait to read your "tips & Tricks guide to multiboxing your way to GOLD in CMs" !!!!

First I just need to finish normal mode lol.. i only have 4 on farm atm...
    Currently 5 Boxing 5 Protection Paladins on Whisperwind Alliance
    The Power of Five!!! ( short video )

Quote Originally Posted by Lyonheart View Post
    Also, Zenga, if your aiming for #1..have you got gold? Cant wait to read your "tips & Tricks guide to multiboxing your way to GOLD in CMs" !!!!
    Nope since I want it to be a complete surprise to the non boxers, believe it or not but I've wiped deliberately a shitload of times on the final boss when I saw that I would not make my aimed time, just to avoid getting the achievement and being ranked. I know this prolly sounds extremely cocky and I'm not sure if I will ever pull it off (the rank) but for now it's what keeps me multiboxing. You know what they say, the journey is more fun than the destination.

And to be honest I don't think there can be a guide that works for people, I currently use over 50 macro's for this instance alone, and a ton of keymaps that can change on the fly. And I use a dedicated keyboard that i've setup with specific binds (with the G-keys). A recurring example: at a certain point I know that I need to hit G4 5x in a row which is a 'scripted' keymap and it will position each toon in such a way that I always dodge the same encounter ability (e.g. this keymap will make toon 1 go left left forward left left, toon 2 right right foward right, etc ... whereas on the 6th press it activates a new keymap ... and so on). It's almost scripting out the entire instance with keymaps and then find some logical way to memorize and execute those (within the 1 press = 1 action philosophy). Basically it's the same as what some boxers had back in the day for the last encounter in the oculus where you had to fly on the drake, but then a lot longer and lot more binds.

So setup but then also analysing combat logs until you have blue nuts. I rely heavily on ancestral guidance for example. So I pretty much need to know exactly how much it will heal to rotate it perfectly (meaning I need to have an idea of the incoming damage on that fight, cooldown uptime on my tank, but also how I use dps cooldowns on the toon that is activating ancestral guidance to maximize healing output. I divided the dungeon up in multiple phases, and then I have a spreadsheet that keeps track of dps output, incoming dmg, cd usage and healing output. Really the work of a big nerd. But hey I find it fun and never really planned it to do so, it just happened over time by adding stuff. Either way I'm stuck for now at 3 parts where I need to cut time (a lot). And that's where I hope my chuck norris DK tank will make the difference (where I know he will cost me time on other phases). And in the end I still need to execute it properly. I still have hope though o/

Note: I have a lot of material from frapsing both the theorycrafting and the actual practise pulls, so that might be the next project to release it into a good video.
    Everything that is fun in life is either bad for your health, immoral or illegal!

Quote Originally Posted by zenga View Post
    Nope since I want it to be a complete surprise to the non boxers, believe it or not but I've wiped deliberately a shitload of times on the final boss when I saw that I would not make my aimed time, just to avoid getting the achievement and being ranked. I know this prolly sounds extremely cocky and I'm not sure if I will ever pull it off (the rank) but for now it's what keeps me multiboxing. You know what they say, the journey is more fun than the destination.

And to be honest I don't think there can be a guide that works for people, I currently use over 50 macro's for this instance alone, and a ton of keymaps that can change on the fly. And I use a dedicated keyboard that i've setup with specific binds (with the G-keys). A recurring example: at a certain point I know that I need to hit G4 5x in a row which is a 'scripted' keymap and it will position each toon in such a way that I always dodge the same encounter ability (e.g. this keymap will make toon 1 go left left forward left left, toon 2 right right foward right, etc ... whereas on the 6th press it activates a new keymap ... and so on). It's almost scripting out the entire instance with keymaps and then find some logical way to memorize and execute those (within the 1 press = 1 action philosophy). Basically it's the same as what some boxers had back in the day for the last encounter in the oculus where you had to fly on the drake, but then a lot longer and lot more binds.

So setup but then also analysing combat logs until you have blue nuts. I rely heavily on ancestral guidance for example. So I pretty much need to know exactly how much it will heal to rotate it perfectly (meaning I need to have an idea of the incoming damage on that fight, cooldown uptime on my tank, but also how I use dps cooldowns on the toon that is activating ancestral guidance to maximize healing output. I divided the dungeon up in multiple phases, and then I have a spreadsheet that keeps track of dps output, incoming dmg, cd usage and healing output. Really the work of a big nerd. But hey I find it fun and never really planned it to do so, it just happened over time by adding stuff. Either way I'm stuck for now at 3 parts where I need to cut time (a lot). And that's where I hope my chuck norris DK tank will make the difference (where I know he will cost me time on other phases). And in the end I still need to execute it properly. I still have hope though o/
    I hope you get it! I don't care if i ever get gold boxed.. i would like to get it solo though. How realistic is it to get bronze boxed?
    Currently 5 Boxing 5 Protection Paladins on Whisperwind Alliance
    The Power of Five!!! ( short video )

Wow, I am excited to see this in action! Would you mind doing the community a favor and after you get #1 make a video of a gold caliber run? Not saying record every attempt until then trying to make sure you get it on tape, but after you're at the top of the rankings I know many would love to see it in action.
    Owltoid, Thatblueguy, Thisblueguy, Otherblueguy, Whichblueguy

Quote Originally Posted by Lyonheart View Post
    I hope you get it! I don't care if i ever get gold boxed.. i would like to get it solo though. How realistic is it to get bronze boxed?
    Well it really depends on the effort you want to put into it. The dungeon is harder, you have to cc, stuff hits harder (some abilities will 1 shot you if not doing it correct etc). But the time frame is really really big to obtain bronze, even silver. Like nejcha said (and she was among the first to 4 box current content raids back during ICC) it's a matter of trying and adapting. Don't think you gonna run in and spam your 1 button macro to victory. It's a bit more complicated than that tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Owltoid View Post
    Would you mind doing the community a favor and after you get #1 make a video of a gold caliber run?
    Yeah of course. But ... 'IF' remains the problem here
    Last edited by MiRai : 11-20-2012 at 03:26 PM Reason: Merged