Close
Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

Default Thinking of doing a EU convert

So if i live CST then I can raid during the day my time with you EU guys correct?

If so I might just set up a whole new set of accounts and re roll on EU servers.

I work nights and want to raid during the day.
    Kel'thuzad US Alliance
    <Belt Fed>

Blog Entries

Won't you be laggy?

I dont know? I was just seeking input from you EU guys.
    Kel'thuzad US Alliance
    <Belt Fed>

I don't feel it would be worth moving out of country and increasing lag just for raid times, must be existing guilds on US servers that raid during the day.

Any extra ping times 5 would really suck.

I'm located in Belgium, which is pretty central in civilized Europe. And there are 3 WoW datacenters in Europe for English speaking realms, Germany, Sweden and Paris.

Paris is closest to me (300km) and I have 60-90ms to all realms located there.
    Frankfurt (600km) is a bit further and I have 25-35ms to all realms in that datacenter.
    Sweden is roughly 1500 km and I have a 12 ms ping over there.

I'm often playing on US realms and depending on the coast I have 70-80ms pings to east coast servers (using an SSH tunnel). Definitely for pve you hardly notice it. But I'd definitely recommend grabbing an SSH tunnel, they go for 3-5 dollar a month.
    Everything that is fun in life is either bad for your health, immoral or illegal!

when eu players play on ptr and beta we play on us servers and my ping is about 145ms from about 20ms but its stilll fine i would test it out though.