Close
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 34

Default The Tillers Farming Daily, any tips on speeding the process?

Hi all,
    so I am exalted with The Tillers and feel I need to farm these guys every day for the motes. My issue is due to the phasing it takes forever to do just on a single team. Has anyone come up with any time saving ideas on handling this daily or is it a suck it up scenario?
    Thanks for any insight

I have been doing them one toon at a time and welcome tips as well.

Quote Originally Posted by crowdx View Post
    Hi all,
    so I am exalted with The Tillers and feel I need to farm these guys every day for the motes. My issue is due to the phasing it takes forever to do just on a single team. Has anyone come up with any time saving ideas on handling this daily or is it a suck it up scenario?
    Thanks for any insight
    Did you make sure to do the 3 quests that you buy from Gina Mudclaw? She sells 3 items that help speed up things..they are items that give you a quest.. its just to speak to the dude on your farm.. and the next day you have that item on your farm. One sprays water on all your "parched" plants. one repels all your infested plants. ANd one is an inventory item "plow", when your plots are un tilled ( no plants on them or critters in them ) you can start at one end..click the plow and you will till that whole line at once.

Another thing i do is I plant every plot first.. then i use the items i mentioned and once all i have are plants that have critters to fight, i do all those at once.. I ae them down.. saves time from doing them one at a time.
    Currently 5 Boxing 5 Protection Paladins on Whisperwind Alliance
    The Power of Five!!! ( short video )

Quote Originally Posted by Lyonheart View Post
    Did you make sure to do the 3 quests that you buy from Gina Mudclaw? She sells 3 items that help speed up things..they are items that give you a quest.. its just to speak to the dude on your farm.. and the next day you have that item on your farm. One sprays water on all your "parched" plants. one repels all your infested plants. ANd one is an inventory item "plow", when your plots are un tilled ( no plants on them or critters in them ) you can start at one end..click the plow and you will till that whole line at once.

Another thing i do is I plant every plot first.. then i use the items i mentioned and once all i have are plants that have critters to fight, i do all those at once.. I ae them down.. saves time from doing them one at a time.
    Yeah, I have all of the above, it is the stupid weeds etc that eats up time.

I don't really think there's any way to speed up most of it. Nothing is really target-able, so we can't IWT our way around the plots. The best I can do is like Lyonheart does, save the "bad" plants for last, gather up everyone's critters all at once and makes them kill those all at the same time, make everyone do their weeds at the same time, etc. Mostly, I just suck it up and do them one at a time, though.

The only "time saver" I've got is this macro, which is more of a random dailies stuff kind of thing

Code:
    /click ExtraActionButton1
    /tar [mod:shift] Farmer Yoon; [mod:alt] Andi; Untilled
    /tar Black-nose
    /console UnitNameFriendlyGuardianName 1
    ExtraActionButton1 is more for using the Hammers in Stormstout, but it also works for the poison for the weeds daily and stuff like that. I rarely even get the Marmots daily, but that makes it easy. And I have the mass tilling machine, so I don't really need "Untilled" in the targeting but I might actually go back to using it instead, or swap it with the Seed vendor's name. Or both, who knows.

But, I always use the target for Yoon and Andi to get in and out of the phase. The last line turns on the names over all the plots so I can see what's there with my slaves. I missed more than a few "imperfect" plants because my graphics on the slaves are so far down I couldn't see the wiggling or runty plants or the little weed hiding in there. I have "/console UnitNameFriendlyGuardianName 0" tacked on to my follow macro to turn it off again.
    Blog : Herding Khats
    Team : Kina - Çroaker - Messkit - Lìfetaker - Wìdowmaker
    Newbie Guides : Multiboxing Vol. 1 - Multiboxing Vol. 2 - HotKeyNet - Jamba
    The Almighty Lax made a liar out of me, apparently I DO get prizes for it.
    *Commences Wielding the Banhammer like there's piñatas up in here and I'm Lady Thor*

_ Forum search letting you down? Use the custom Google search _

I don't have any problem /targeting the various plant conditions and IWTing them.

to face the plants for watering/deinfesting, do it right after planting the seed [seed planting requreis you to /tar till, but then autofaces the tilled soil, assuming your in the rough vicinity, which you should be, if you just tilled it...and tilling is IWTable]

Quote Originally Posted by Ishar View Post
    I don't have any problem /targeting the various plant conditions and IWTing them.

to face the plants for watering/deinfesting, do it right after planting the seed [seed planting requreis you to /tar till, but then autofaces the tilled soil, assuming your in the rough vicinity, which you should be, if you just tilled it...and tilling is IWTable]

Interesting, I wasn't able to target for some reason when I first set mine up. Working on a new setup now. I'll post back once I get this all in order.

As fro the parched/infested, there's not much reason to do them one at a time once you've got the items from Gina Mudclaw. The time-consuming part is everything else.
    *Commences Wielding the Banhammer like there's piñatas up in here and I'm Lady Thor*

Ok, spent the last few hours working on this and I'm sure there's other ways to accomplish the same thing, but here's what I've got.

It doesn't look like you can use multiple-targeting with modifiers so I was forced to use multiple macros. Bummer. So what I did was break up the various actions into different macros. All macros are used in conjunction with IWT.

Macro 1 - IWT only

Code:
    /tar Chee
    /tar Terrible
    /tar Silk
    /tar Green
    /tar Rain
    /tar Snow
    /tar Gold
    /tar Fool
    /tar Snake
    /tar Wind
    /tar Song
    /tar Mage
    /tar Ripe
    /tar Plump
    /tar Bursting
    /tar Untilled
    /tar Runty
    /tar Black-nose
    Used with no modifier, this one will pick all your ready to harvest plants, stomp marmots, use whatever's on ExtraActionButton {Hammers, Chickens...no use in the Tillers Farm, but still useful}, turn on the plot names {see earlier post}, use any untilled soil and go to any Runty Crops {you will still need to jump to pull them, of course}.

If there's nothing else to do, it'll send you over to whatever NPC you have listed at the top. I'd suggest either Farmer Yoon or an NPC that wanders around the middle of your farm. If you use Farmer Yoon, it will be useful for getting into the phased area to begin with, picking up/turning in his quests and having a visual indicator that your slaves are done with this macro.

Right now, I'm actually using Chee Chee because he hangs out between Farmer Yoon and Andi, which makes her a perfect target for dealing with tangled plants. See Macro 3 for more on that.

I've now updated this one with every possible harvest action. Nice little surprise, you can target and thus interact with the herbs grown from Enigma Seeds, so if you're using them for Golden Lotus, you can macro it. All that and this macro is still under 255 characters.

Macro 2 - KILL IT!

Code:
    /tar Farmer Yoon
    /tar Tilled
    /tar Occupied
    /tar Alluring
    /tar Wiggling
    Ok, technically, you don't need UnitFriendlyGuardianName 1 again. I actually don't even have it in these macros, I have it in my click below, but in case you want to stick it on a certain macro, there it its.

Anyway, this one is used with a modifer. Problem is, it'll only "use" one critter-spawning node at a time because they stay "Alluring/Wiggling/Occupied" until the critter is dead. Which, I guess is ok if you don't have the ability to tank several mobs. It's still faster than going toon by toon, I guess. If you don't have a critter spawner to target, it'll target tilled soil so hopefully your toons won't go running off to kill other things/players, or target Farmer Yoon so you can IWT your way into the phase from the market outside.

Unfortunately, you can't IWT to Tilled Soil. It's up to you, you could move /tar Tilled to the first macro and add /use *whatever* to plant your seeds after you've tilled the untilled soil, but I just planted them one at a time cuz things were chaotic when I was trying to figure out how to do this. I don't even use the tilled part, I just use the Farmer Yoon part like the first macro.

If you want to try "auto planting" in the first macro, make note that the /tar seems to work from the bottom, up - so you'll want to put /tar tilled and /use *seed* UNDERNEATH /tar Untilled. But even then, I can't promise that it'll work 100% because of the delay between soil tilling being completed and actually showing as "Tilled". You could end up IWT-ing away from the soil you just did or something.

Macro 3 - Weed It

Code:
    /use Mote of Harmony
    /tar Andi
    /tar Tangled
    /tar Stubborn
    /tar Encroaching
    /tar Wild
    This one is used with a secondary modifier.

Pretty easy to figure out, if you've got a weed, this will use it. I just spam 1 for the stubborn and encroaching. Might take a little longer, but it's faster than 1 at a time. And if you don't have a weed, you'll go to Andi and be ready to leave the phase.

For the tangled, what you need to do is use the modifier to pick up the tangled and then hit the macro again without the modifier.

If a toon doesn't have a tangled plant, they'll run over and hang out with Andi.

If they do have one, the unmodified press will send them over to whatever NPC you have listed in Macro 1. This is why Macro 1 is currently using Chee Chee. If I use Farmer Yoon and the crops closest to him are tangled, the toon won't move far enough to pop the tangle. If I use Andi and it's one of the far crops, the toon may be too far away to be able to IWT.

However, I don't know if Chee Chee will wander off the farm like Ella sometimes does. If so, you still have the option of using the other modified macro to use Farmer Yoon - you'll just have to use your arrow keys or whathaveyou to push through him if you get a close crop.

Finally, I added a /use Mote of Harmony to convert motes to Spirits of Harmony. I put it here so it doesn't interfere with killing or anything else.

Macro 4 - Optional - Tangent Ahead!

I actually use an additional macro because I don't like to be bothered with extra keybindings when I can just use Jamba's Item Bar for macro swapping.

Here's the Master Version

Code:
    #show Raw Turtle Meat
    /click [mod:shift] MultiBarBottomRightButton3; [mod:alt] MultiBarBottomRightButton2; MultiBarBottomRightButton1
    /click [button:2] InterfaceOptionsMousePanelClickToMove 1
    And the Slaves

Code:
    /click [mod:shift] MultiBarBottomRightButton3; [mod:alt] MultiBarBottomRightButton2; MultiBarBottomRightButton1
    At the core of it, all it does is click one of the above macros based on what modifier I'm holding. I, however, have my Jamba Item Bar set up as a click bar instead of just using the hotkeys so that when I click something in the item bar, it triggers assist and/or IWT depending on what button I use and then sends the hotkey combination.

Beyond that, the master's version also has a toggle for Click to Move when I right-click the macro to make things a bit easier and a #show line that I use for stuff I'm farming.

If you want to make use of the item bar, you'll need to make sure the macros you're using are all named the same and are in the same location on all your toons. {Or I'm sure you could probably do it using Jamba Macros, too, but I don't know how to use those.}

I have a couple of macros I swap around to use this way. They are set up under my General Macros in the first few slots - named "1", "2", "3" and so on to keep them in the same location in the macro panel so they work with Jamba's Item Bar. 1 would be the above macro. 2 would be my various buff foods. 3 would be profession stuff I do a lot like make bolts of cloth/prospect/smelt ore and so on. This way I just have a collection of macros I can drag and drop as needed into the item bar instead of permanent bindings.
    Last edited by Khatovar : 12-12-2012 at 08:37 AM Reason: Updated Harvest list to include everything

Quote Originally Posted by Khatovar View Post
    Ok, spent the last few hours working on this and I'm sure there's other ways to accomplish the same thing, but here's what I've got.

It doesn't look like you can use multiple-targeting with modifiers so I was forced to use multiple macros. Bummer. So what I did was break up the various actions into different macros. All macros are used in conjunction with IWT.

Macro 1 - IWT only

Code:
    /tar Ripe
    /tar Plump
    /tar Bursting
    /tar Untilled
    /tar Runty
    /tar Black-nose
    Used with no modifier, this one will pick all your ready to harvest plants, stomp marmots, use whatever's on ExtraActionButton {Hammers, Chickens...no use in the Tillers Farm, but still useful}, turn on the plot names {see earlier post}, use any untilled soil and go to any Runty Crops {you will still need to jump to pull them, of course}.

Macro 2 - KILL IT!

Code:
    /tar Farmer Yoon
    /tar Occupied
    /tar Alluring
    /tar Wiggling
    /tar Tilled
    Ok, technically, you don't need UnitFriendlyGuardianName 1 again. I actually don't even have it in these macros, I have it in my click below, but in case you want to stick it on a certain macro, there it its.

Anyway, this one is used with a modifer. Problem is, it'll only "use" one critter-spawning node at a time because they stay "Alluring/Wiggling/Occupied" until the critter is dead. Which, I guess is ok if you don't have the ability to tank several mobs. It's still faster than going toon by toon, I guess. If you don't have a critter spawner to target, it'll target tilled soil so hopefully your toons won't go running off to kill other things/players, or target Farmer Yoon so you can IWT your way into the phase from the market outside.

Unfortunatly, you can't IWT to Tilled Soil. It's up to you, you could move /tar Tilled to the first macro and add /use *whatever* to plant your seeds after you've tilled the untilled soil, but I just planted them one at a time cuz things were chaotic when I was trying to figure out how to do this.

If you want to try "auto planting" in the first macro, make note that the /tar seems to work from the bottom, up - so you'll want to put /tar tilled and /use *seed* UNDERNEATH /tar Untilled. But even then, I can't promise that it'll work 100% because of the delay between soil tilling being completed and actually showing as "Tilled". You could end up IWT-ing away from the soil you just did or something.

Macro 3 - Weed It

Code:
    /tar Andi
    /tar Tangled
    /tar Stubborn
    /tar Encroaching
    /tar Wild
    This one is used with a secondary modifier.

Pretty easy to figure out, if you've got a weed, this will use it. I just spam 1 for the stubborn and encroaching. Might take a little longer, but it's faster than 1 at a time. And if you don't have a weed, you'll go to Andi and be ready to leave the phase.

For the tangled, the /tar Andi might work, but I can't be sure both because of range and because when I made it I was using /tar Farmer Yoon when I was testing. Then I changed it to Andi to prevent the Kill It macro from causing your "not busy" slaves to run out into the market to go attack other players. :X So, it might work as is, or you might need to strafe/back up your slaves to pop the Tangled plants.

Macro 4 - Optional - Tangent Ahead!

I actually use an additional macro because I don't like to be bothered with extra keybindings when I can just use Jamba's Item Bar for macro swapping.

Here's the Master Version

Code:
    #show Raw Turtle Meat
    /click [button:2] InterfaceOptionsMousePanelClickToMove 1

And the Slaves

Code:
    At the core of it, all it does is click one of the above macros based on what modifier I'm holding. I, however, have my Jamba Item Bar set up as a click bar instead of just using the hotkeys so that when I click something in the item bar, it triggers assist and/or IWT depending on what button I use and then sends the hotkey combination.

Beyond that, the master's version also has a toggle for Click to Move when I right-click the macro to make things a bit easier and a #show line that I use for stuff I'm farming.

If you want to make use of the item bar, you'll need to make sure the macros you're using are all named the same and are in the same location on all your toons. {Or I'm sure you could probably do it using Jamba Macros, too, but I don't know how to use those.}

I have a couple of macros I swap around to use this way. They are set up under my General Macros in the first few slots - named "1", "2", "3" and so on to keep them in the same location in the macro panel so they work with Jamba's Item Bar. 1 would be the above macro. 2 would be my various buff foods. 3 would be profession stuff I do a lot like make bolts of cloth/prospect/smelt ore and so on. This way I just have a collection of macros I can drag and drop as needed into the item bar instead of permanent bindings.
    WOW! Thanks for all the hard work. I will try some of this when I get home from work tonight, Thank you so much

Khat you never cease amazing me.