Close
Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

Default Heroic: Gate of the Setting Sun, help please!

First Guy: Saboteur Ki'tilak

Random debuff that puts out fire in a cross pattern originating from the player, otherwise it's spank and tank.

Second: Striker Ga'dok

Flies around and bombard you, gotta move to one side of the room.

Third: Commander Ri'mok
    Spank and tank.

Fourth: Raigonn. I cannot figure out a strat to beat this guy yet.

Phase 1 require 2 dps to jump onto the mob and tab target the "weak spot" while the rest of the group kill adds and avoid tornados.

Any tips is appreciated!.

I run with 1 of my mages doing the jumping cannon thing. I get everyone piled up near the opening in the wall, where he begins his charge, to catch the adds as they come in. Then I use the following priority,
    1) I kill the Swarmers ASAP
    2)/target engulfers, they have very little health, to keep the tornadoes from coming up.
    3)The little guys that come in a group I just tank and aoe down.

The cannon mage has a /focus weak macro and uses CTM to get to the cannons. I spam his normal dps rotation and buttons with the rest of them but, his macros prioritize his focus (tip: the focus auto clears when they jump off, as it no longer "exists"). It takes a while to get through Phase 1, but, hey, he doesn't enrage in Phase 1. It takes a bit but works pretty well. Once I finally get to phase 2 I blow cooldowns, and CTM the focused guys to a far away corner. Other than that just go crazy for a few seconds and he'll be down soon enough.

Notes: Keep all of the adds dead in Phase 1. Everything can be cc'd use it to stop the cast from the swarmers (counterspell doesn't work, but stuns/sheep do).

Oh and exit vehicle when the boss gets to the back, basically over the top of your group, hit follow on the jumper get back to one of the cannons on the back wall, when you get a break in adds (they seem to enter on a timer, so if you kill them fast enough you will get some breaks, no OOC, but time to reorient and get jumpers up on the boss).
    Last edited by Bettysue : 10-30-2012 at 05:49 PM Reason: Phones are not the optimal typing device

Pop two of your dps on top of him so you don't have to mess with many adds.

Make a power aura set up to flash the screen if you have trouble telling when they get kicked off.

Dodge whirlwinds and kill adds on your others. Make a /target week spot macro? I managed with out any trouble with that.
    Hardware multiboxing, and looking good while doing it.

You don't list your team makeup, but you might need to take a look at what toons you are putting up on the weak spot. I was trying to do it with my Enh shammy and it turns out there is some sort of bug where autoattacks from Enh shammies won't hit the Weak Spot, only specials will, so she was sitting up there doing no damage and burning all her mana while the rest of my team got wasted. I didn't figure it out until I noticed she was totally out of mana and that simply doesn't happen on Enh. I stuck my UH DK up there instead and steamrolled the fight first time out.

Also, I leave my slave on the boss while he charges. When he hits the wall, he throws the slave up on a little ledge next to the gate, directly above a cannon, so I can simply click the cannon and CTM will drop her off the edge, into the cannon and up on to the boss in one move.
    Blog : Herding Khats
    Team : Kina - Çroaker - Messkit - Lìfetaker - Wìdowmaker
    Newbie Guides : Multiboxing Vol. 1 - Multiboxing Vol. 2 - HotKeyNet - Jamba
    The Almighty Lax made a liar out of me, apparently I DO get prizes for it.
    *Commences Wielding the Banhammer like there's piñatas up in here and I'm Lady Thor*

_ Forum search letting you down? Use the custom Google search _

This boss is handing me my a hole! ( last boss ) You can only have two dps up there? Using isboxer.. if i put /tar weak in my slaves dps spam..will they still try and assist me or will they target the weak spot?
    Currently 5 Boxing 5 Protection Paladins on Whisperwind Alliance
    The Power of Five!!! ( short video )

Not sure how it works with ISBoxer, but I just go in and comment out the assist in the macros of whoever I have up there. For example, my Ret's Step 1 macro looks like this -

Code:
    /assist party1
    /targetenemy [noharm][dead]
    #/tar Weak Spot
    /castsequence reset=5 Judgment, Crusader Strike, Judgment, Inquisition, Templar's Verdict, Templar's Verdict, Templar's Verdict
    When I do this boss, I change the # so it looks like this

Code:
    #/assist party1
    /targetenemy [noharm][dead]
    /tar Weak Spot
    /castsequence reset=5 Judgment, Crusader Strike, Judgment, Inquisition, Templar's Verdict, Templar's Verdict, Templar's Verdict
    Blog : Herding Khats
    Team : Kina - Çroaker - Messkit - Lìfetaker - Wìdowmaker
    Newbie Guides : Multiboxing Vol. 1 - Multiboxing Vol. 2 - HotKeyNet - Jamba
    The Almighty Lax made a liar out of me, apparently I DO get prizes for it.
    *Commences Wielding the Banhammer like there's piñatas up in here and I'm Lady Thor*

_ Forum search letting you down? Use the custom Google search _

Since i have the habit of spamming my assist key all the time, I have put a /tar weak spot in it (last line) for the 2 dps I sent up.
    So the DPS going up will always try to attack the weak spot, works like a charm.
    Kul Tiras - EU: [A] Prot Pala +3x Shaman + Mage @ 110
    Lots of others around 85

My issues are dealing with the shit on the ground and trying to get toons back on the boss.
    Currently 5 Boxing 5 Protection Paladins on Whisperwind Alliance
    The Power of Five!!! ( short video )