Close
Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

Default Jamba - Problem with Auto-Completion of Quests

i'm new at the multiboxing thing, but i searched already for some days now for this specific problem and i could find an answer to it:

i've the new version for wow mop (beta3), so there you could choose that toons auto-complete quests and get the rewards automatically, but my toons doesn't finish automatically all of the completed quests, for most of them they doen't event interact with the quest-npc when i turn in the quest with the master, so most of the time i have to switch window and finish the quests/take rewards manually, thats a bit annoying... so i already changed the settings in the jamba-menu for auto-completion in some ways, but it didn't help, could someone PLEASE help me with that, or tell me if it is a bug or something like that
    thank you very much

beside, another additionally question too, on quest where you have to pick up a number of specific quest items, theres no way that the toon does it automatically? because i always have to switch window if the master has all questitems and then i have to start collecting with the toon, would be nice if there would be a way to do that without switching always...

sry for my noob questions and my bad english (german^^), and pleeeeease help me thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by rocky555 View Post
    most of them they doen't event interact with the quest-npc when i turn in the quest with the master, so most of the time i have to switch window and finish the quests/take rewards manually, thats a bit annoying... so i already changed the settings in the jamba-menu for auto-completion in some ways, but it didn't help, could someone PLEASE help me with that, or tell me if it is a bug or something like that
    thank you very much
    I don't know about autoselect + autocomplete, but it seemed to work ok for me when I used it at the start of MoP. There's 2 things I can think of -

1. There has been increased latency between my slaves picking up my target/reacting since MoP went live. You may need to spam your assist and interact key a few times to get them to pick up the proper NPC

2. There's lag in your Jamba channel {which is totally a stab in the dark}. Make sure all your addons are updated and check your Jamba Communications options. Under Jamba > Advanced > Core : Communications try toggling Assume all team Members online, selecting Boost Jamba to Jamba Communications and make sure your whole team has filled in a channel and password under Team Online Channel.

beside, another additionally question too, on quest where you have to pick up a number of specific quest items, theres no way that the toon does it automatically? because i always have to switch window if the master has all questitems and then i have to start collecting with the toon, would be nice if there would be a way to do that without switching always...
    There is no way to automatically pick up ground spawns. If it is something you can physically target, you can select it with your master, have the slaves assist and interact with target just like you would do for interacting with a quest NPC. Otherwise you could use interact with mouseover, but that is complicated to set up and I think I'm the only person who uses it.
    Blog : Herding Khats
    Team : Kina - Çroaker - Messkit - Lìfetaker - Wìdowmaker
    Newbie Guides : Multiboxing Vol. 1 - Multiboxing Vol. 2 - HotKeyNet - Jamba
    The Almighty Lax made a liar out of me, apparently I DO get prizes for it.
    *Commences Wielding the Banhammer like there's piñatas up in here and I'm Lady Thor*

_ Forum search letting you down? Use the custom Google search _

For your first question; there is a bug in the quest auto-complete which is what I think you have found. I have fixed it locally, but I haven't released it yet.

The fix will be out in my next release, not too far away now...
    Jafula.
    Jamba - Jafula's Awesome Multi Boxer Assistant. An addon for YOU.

Hi,

I seem to be having the same issue listed above - my slave won't auto complete quests, I have the 5.4 update.

She also won't use quest items...

Please help me with this.

Cheers,

Quote Originally Posted by Kasuri View Post
    Hi,

I seem to be having the same issue listed above - my slave won't auto complete quests, I have the 5.4 update.

She also won't use quest items...

Please help me with this.

Cheers,
    Hi,

Is your slave opening the same NPC quest dialog as your master?

Try reading the Quest section in this guide and see if that helps.

http://www.dual-boxing.com/threads/2...etting-Started

If you are still having trouble, come back with more specifics.

Cheers,
    Jafula.
    Jafula.

Quote Originally Posted by Jafula View Post
    Hi,

Is your slave opening the same NPC quest dialog as your master?

Try reading the Quest section in this guide and see if that helps.

http://www.dual-boxing.com/threads/2...etting-Started

If you are still having trouble, come back with more specifics.

Cheers,
    Jafula.

Hi,

My save isn't doing anything - I've read he section a couple of times and the picking up and sharing of quests is fine its just the completion she won't hand the quests in at all...

I can't get her to use her quest items for example "fill the Jade Vial" - I've set everything up as per guide.

Thanks

Hi,

My save isn't doing anything - I've read he section a couple of times and the picking up and sharing of quests is fine its just the completion she won't hand the quests in at all...

I can't get her to use her quest items for example "fill the Jade Vial" - I've set everything up as per guide.

Thanks
    If you're sharing the quests to slaves rather than making the slaves pick up the quests themselves then that answers some questions. Certain quests, especially ones that require the use of an item received from a questgiver, like the vial, cannot be shared.

If you're using the shared method, you still need to be set up with the Interacting method to turn the quests in. Make sure that you have click to move turned on for the slave so that they can reach the NPC. Interacting, because of the issues above, is always my preferred and suggested way of dealing with picking up quests.

For using items, you'll want to use the Item Use Bar, which needs you to set up hotkeys on the master and the slave under WoW's keybindings section. Then you can put an item on the bar from the master, the slave will also put it on their Item Bar. When you need to use it, press the hotkey and both will use it. Keep in mind, you'll probably need to make your slave assist before sending the hotkey to use the item if it's a quest where you need to use the item on a mob or corpse.

Also - there is a sticky thread for the latest version of Jamba at the top of the forum. Please use that thread for reporting bugs to make things easier for Jafula and anyone else who might have issues.
    Blog : Herding Khats
    Team : Kina - Çroaker - Messkit - Lìfetaker - Wìdowmaker
    Newbie Guides : Multiboxing Vol. 1 - Multiboxing Vol. 2 - HotKeyNet - Jamba
    The Almighty Lax made a liar out of me, apparently I DO get prizes for it.
    *Commences Wielding the Banhammer like there's piñatas up in here and I'm Lady Thor*

_ Forum search letting you down? Use the custom Google search _

Hi,

Thanks
    I'm curious. Is your slave a Monk?
    Jafula.