Close
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 84

Default Boosting 1-80 Breakdown

I'm looking for a progression path that is the fastest to boost a team from 1-80.

Here is the path that I'm using right now:

(Alliance)
    1-10 = Questing
    10-15 = Deadmines or Questing
    15-30 = Stockades
    30-37 = Scarlet Monastery
    37-52 = Stratholme
    52-57 = BRD
    57-65 = Ramparts
    65-69 = Mana Tombs

69-80 = Questing
    or
    69-75 = Utgarde Keep
    75-80 = Gundrak

I recently ran one team from 1-80 using something similar to this route. I have a few requirements that I'm trying to hit so that I'm maximizing my total time:
    - Keep the travel distances short without a huge requirement for porting teams all over the place.
    - Try to stick at dungeons for more levels to minimize travel.
    - Try to time the traveling during times where you are waiting for dungeon lockouts to get over.
    - Minimize the amount of times I need to move the characters being boosted.

Do you see any changes that might be beneficial?

//Oh and one comment... if you want to boost a team, do not... do NOT... make them Worgen. I think I wasted like 3 hours doing gray quests just trying to get them out of the starter zone.

Here's how I run my teams through, all dungeons are done until the dungeon quests are completed. From 70 on it's usually one run per dungeon and my level estimates may be a bit on the low side, you may be a level ahead at times. It's a bit more travel but it's faster than grinding on just mob kill xp in my experience as the dungone quest xp is HUGE with RAF.

1 - 11 Questing
    11 - 21 Shadowfang Keep
    21 - 33 Scarlet Monastery
    33 - 37 Scholomance
    37 - 48 Stratholme (Live until quests are complete then Undead until complete)
    48 - 58 Blackrock Spire (Upper and Lower)
    58 - 63 Hellfire Ramparts & Blood Furnace
    63 - 68.5 Sethekk Halls & Shadow Labyrinth
    68.5 - 70 Ring of Blood (TBC)
    70 - 75 Utgarde Keep, The Nexus, Azjol-Nerub, Ahn'kahet, Drak'Tharon Keep
    75 - 76 Ring of Blood (WotLK)
    76 - 80 Gundrak, Violet Hold, Halls of Stone, Halls of Lightning

I can't imagine it's much different than an 85 boosting. (I'm currently boosting with an 85 paladin.)

It's hard to pass up stockades when it's so easy to get to and clear. SM is a bit annoying. I miss being able to smack the boss and have everything aggro.

Quote Originally Posted by crowdx View Post
    How much of a hit are you taking if you use a level 90 to boost with?
    With RAF it really doesn't matter, the speed you get from boosting with a 90 greatly outweighs any xp loss. Without RAF it may be another story but I don't boost them without RAF

I have to admit but I went from boosting to RDF and its really fast and more fun, From 1-30 its just under 4 hours and I learn my classes again, Took 2 hours to get to 15 from questing and 2 hours to get to 30

I don't really buy into the whole "learn your class" thing by playing it to level up. It changes too drastically at end game when you deal with any real content that you have to relearn it anyway.

I boost through Stockades to get from 15-30 in about 2 hours. That's also with taking a couple 30 minute breaks after getting hit with the "too many instances" restriction. I like stockades because it's just so convenient to get to but I hate how quickly you can clear it and run into the instance restriction.

This is why I actually like BRD quite a bit because you can do a huge amount more worthwhile pulls without having to rezone. Pull everything all the way back from Golem Lord and it takes a good 5-7 minutes. Each run is maybe 10-12 minutes so it takes a bit longer before you get hit with the instance limit. Stratholme is similar since you can go in dead side and pull everything from live side as well.

Hmmm... any other dungeons you can run with good returns that you don't get hit by the instance limit?

BRD is amazing and I'm looking forward to that one. The pulls were gigantic at 85 - now at 90 and with being able to shapeshift out of those stupid nets I think I can triple the size of the pull. I'll run into an instance lockout but oh well.

When I do 70-80 I just do each instance once, the quests + clearing most of the instance gets 1-1.5 levels, the quests alone accounting for 50-75% of the level. However without HGWT I don't know if it'll be as convenient, but you can always use two alts at a summoning stone which now work for any level as long as the target is 15 higher.

Where I'm not sure now is 80-90.... I'm thinking Deepholm or Twilight Highlands for 80-85, one of the areas with quick spawning mobs. 85-90, I don't know what has or has not been nerfed yet but there may still be the water elementals in jade temple, and of course you could farm AV/IOC this week.

So my path on Horde is something like:
    1-11: Questing
    11-23: SFK
    23-35: SM
    35-45: Strat/Scholo/whatever can't rememeber level range
    45-48: LBRS
    48-58: BRD
    58-62: Ramparts
    62-65: Underbog
    65-68: Steamvaults
    68-70: UTK
    70-79: One of each instance, with an extra run of HoL at the end
    80-85: ??? I really don't want to quest again
    85-90: ??? I really really don't want to quest again

Trying to get billing to merge my bnets since one of the raf recruits is on a separate bnet and cannot get my full heirloom set which now includes pants. That's 45% increased xp until 80 then 25% to 85.
    Last edited by heyaz : 10-16-2012 at 06:21 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Superhero View Post
    I don't really buy into the whole "learn your class" thing by playing it to level up. It changes too drastically at end game when you deal with any real content that you have to relearn it anyway.

I boost through Stockades to get from 15-30 in about 2 hours. That's also with taking a couple 30 minute breaks after getting hit with the "too many instances" restriction. I like stockades because it's just so convenient to get to but I hate how quickly you can clear it and run into the instance restriction.
    2 hours same time as me when just playing my toons myself You may get 4 hours less to 80 then me but its more fun too play
    Last edited by Khatovar : 10-17-2012 at 04:12 AM

2 hours same time as me when just playing my toons myself You may get 4 hours less to 80 then me but its more fun too play
    so you can quest 1-80 in about 13 hours /played
    tell me your secret