Close
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 84

Hybrid View

Default Boosting 1-80 Breakdown

I'm looking for a progression path that is the fastest to boost a team from 1-80.

Here is the path that I'm using right now:

(Alliance)
    1-10 = Questing
    10-15 = Deadmines or Questing
    15-30 = Stockades
    30-37 = Scarlet Monastery
    37-52 = Stratholme
    52-57 = BRD
    57-65 = Ramparts
    65-69 = Mana Tombs

69-80 = Questing
    or
    69-75 = Utgarde Keep
    75-80 = Gundrak

I recently ran one team from 1-80 using something similar to this route. I have a few requirements that I'm trying to hit so that I'm maximizing my total time:
    - Keep the travel distances short without a huge requirement for porting teams all over the place.
    - Try to stick at dungeons for more levels to minimize travel.
    - Try to time the traveling during times where you are waiting for dungeon lockouts to get over.
    - Minimize the amount of times I need to move the characters being boosted.

Do you see any changes that might be beneficial?

//Oh and one comment... if you want to boost a team, do not... do NOT... make them Worgen. I think I wasted like 3 hours doing gray quests just trying to get them out of the starter zone.

Here's how I run my teams through, all dungeons are done until the dungeon quests are completed. From 70 on it's usually one run per dungeon and my level estimates may be a bit on the low side, you may be a level ahead at times. It's a bit more travel but it's faster than grinding on just mob kill xp in my experience as the dungone quest xp is HUGE with RAF.

1 - 11 Questing
    11 - 21 Shadowfang Keep
    21 - 33 Scarlet Monastery
    33 - 37 Scholomance
    37 - 48 Stratholme (Live until quests are complete then Undead until complete)
    48 - 58 Blackrock Spire (Upper and Lower)
    58 - 63 Hellfire Ramparts & Blood Furnace
    63 - 68.5 Sethekk Halls & Shadow Labyrinth
    68.5 - 70 Ring of Blood (TBC)
    70 - 75 Utgarde Keep, The Nexus, Azjol-Nerub, Ahn'kahet, Drak'Tharon Keep
    75 - 76 Ring of Blood (WotLK)
    76 - 80 Gundrak, Violet Hold, Halls of Stone, Halls of Lightning

Quote Originally Posted by Rhand View Post
    Here's how I run my teams through, all dungeons are done until the dungeon quests are completed. From 70 on it's usually one run per dungeon and my level estimates may be a bit on the low side, you may be a level ahead at times. It's a bit more travel but it's faster than grinding on just mob kill xp in my experience as the dungone quest xp is HUGE with RAF.

1 - 11 Questing
    11 - 21 Shadowfang Keep
    21 - 33 Scarlet Monastery
    33 - 37 Scholomance
    37 - 48 Stratholme (Live until quests are complete then Undead until complete)
    48 - 58 Blackrock Spire (Upper and Lower)
    58 - 63 Hellfire Ramparts & Blood Furnace
    63 - 68.5 Sethekk Halls & Shadow Labyrinth
    68.5 - 70 Ring of Blood (TBC)
    70 - 75 Utgarde Keep, The Nexus, Azjol-Nerub, Ahn'kahet, Drak'Tharon Keep
    75 - 76 Ring of Blood (WotLK)
    76 - 80 Gundrak, Violet Hold, Halls of Stone, Halls of Lightning
    Couple notes: Ring of Blood (TBC) does not net you 1.5 levels of exp with RAF anymore. More like .5 level. I also suggest doing all the dungeons in Terrokar Forest because they all have quests right there at entrance for huge xp. One other thing, you can move on to LK at 69 and accept quests in The Nexus. Nice list though, thanks!

Its going to be much different for Monks as well, since they get the extra 50% exp boost for one to two hours a day.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnGabriel View Post
    Its going to be much different for Monks as well, since they get the extra 50% exp boost for one to two hours a day.
    Does this stack with the daily quest that monks get? Its like a 100%xp buff that doesn't drop if you die.

Quote Originally Posted by Multibocks View Post
    Does this stack with the daily quest that monks get? Its like a 100%xp buff that doesn't drop if you die.
    I'm pretty sure that's what hes talking about. They get faster rested.. but the only exp boost they get is from the daily.
    Currently 5 Boxing 5 Protection Paladins on Whisperwind Alliance
    The Power of Five!!! ( short video )

The daily that monks get stacks but only the time not the effect. For example, the enlightenment buff gives 50% exp buff for one hour, if you get the buff again it is 50% buff for two hours.

Couple notes: Ring of Blood (TBC) does not net you 1.5 levels of exp with RAF anymore. More like .5 level. I also suggest doing all the dungeons in Terrokar Forest because they all have quests right there at entrance for huge xp. One other thing, you can move on to LK at 69 and accept quests in The Nexus. Nice list though, thanks!
    Are you sure about this? I did a team right before MoP and Monks during MoP and was getting just about 1.5 levels out of it with full heirlooms. Also my list does account for the dungeon quests in Terrokar but the problem is that you generally out level the quests. In my method I become eligible for the quests in Sethek doing Sethekk Halls and Shadow Labs then Ring of Blood generally takes me from 68 to 70. Again just my observations so your mileage may vary

Quote Originally Posted by Rhand View Post
    Are you sure about this? I did a team right before MoP and Monks during MoP and was getting just about 1.5 levels out of it with full heirlooms. Also my list does account for the dungeon quests in Terrokar but the problem is that you generally out level the quests. In my method I become eligible for the quests in Sethek doing Sethekk Halls and Shadow Labs then Ring of Blood generally takes me from 68 to 70. Again just my observations so your mileage may vary
    When I did 68 - 70 a few days ago, I went straight to Utgard Keep, with a level 90 boosting it made fast work of it.

I verified this and monks do get more exp. If they don't then it changed since I leveled up my monks.

I took four monks, all with the RaF bonus and checked the exp reward for a quest, then got the enlightenment buff, checked again and the exp was higher.

Granted the /played time was higher on my monks, but I attributed that to the very very long time in the start area before being able to pick alliance or horde.