Close
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast
Showing results 71 to 80 of 84

Quote Originally Posted by Ualaa View Post
    Can you summon, via a summoning stone, with two characters?
    I thought you needed three.
    it used to be 3 and a level range limit.. not its only 2 needed and they can summon any other level player starting at level 15.
    Currently 5 Boxing 5 Protection Paladins on Whisperwind Alliance
    The Power of Five!!! ( short video )

Can I use the random dungeon finder if I don't have a perfect group type? say 1 healer / 4 dps and the dps cannot spec anything but dps?
    Looking into possibly doing RAF as I want to try out some new classes since everything has changed so much.
    Additionally instead of boosting, is this a good method of just burning through the dungeons to grind out the xp? How much slower overall will the leveling be?
    FFXIV - Aether - Sargatanas
    Twitch - https://twitch.tv/multidayz
    Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/c/Multidayz

Quote Originally Posted by Ellay View Post
    Can I use the random dungeon finder if I don't have a perfect group type? say 1 healer / 4 dps and the dps cannot spec anything but dps?
    Unfortunately, no. You must have a class that can heal and tank.

Edit: or more specifically at least one class that can heal and at least one class that can tank.
    Last edited by shadewalker : 11-21-2012 at 03:55 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Ellay View Post
    Looking into possibly doing RAF as I want to try out some new classes since everything has changed so much.
    Additionally instead of boosting, is this a good method of just burning through the dungeons to grind out the xp? How much slower overall will the leveling be?
    You can usually take 3 dps at a time through LFD without hate, especially at lower levels.

But in your case if you're doing the dungeons to break up the boredom of questing, then you are already in the area of the dungeons at your level. You wont need to use LFD you can just take your 1 healer + 4 dps team inside.

Ellay, If your goal is 4 or 5 of each class you want ( hunters..mages..shamies..etc. ) I would recommend making holy trinity teams like this... Say you want 5 paladins in the end..5 hunters..5 mages..5 preists. You can mix and mach the sets on the way up to make tank..healer..3 dps. Just alternate which account has tank and heals each team..so in the end you end up with what you want. Between that and granting levels, you should be able to level entirly via RDF and end up with what you want 8)
    Currently 5 Boxing 5 Protection Paladins on Whisperwind Alliance
    The Power of Five!!! ( short video )

I think I just want a specific class to 80 right now on top of my original shamans. I figure the power balance shifts though every patch update like it always has and it's not sometimes how skillful you are but if you picked the flavor of the month class.

Not to derail too much, but the extremely frustrating part is. I have almost a quad pair of every class 70+ but they are scattered throughout 5 different servers and different factions. If they offered a combo server transfer option that was actually a discount it might peak my interest, but it's much cheaper just to generate a new set of accounts especially with the black friday deal and spend a couple days leveling.
    FFXIV - Aether - Sargatanas
    Twitch - https://twitch.tv/multidayz
    Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/c/Multidayz

Blog Entries

Consider a fresh batch of RAF.

Take a booster, whatever the best toon is...
    Likely your highest level toon, especially if they're a tank type.
    Feral Druid, Frost Death Knight, Paladin in particular.

Transfer that toon, to the server of choice.
    Send your heirlooms with the toon, if you have any.
    Send as much gold as you're allowed to take.
    If you have more gold, buy items you can sell on the destination realm, especially if they're cheaper on the origin realm.

Boost with two RAF chains:
    A > B > C
    A > D > E

You end up with at least one character on A, for every team you boost.
    B and D, each grant half a character to A... assuming A levels to 2nd (39x2 = 78 granted levels).

Because you have two links in each RAF chain, if you want the cascading of granted levels to add up to full toons (boosting from 2nd, not 1st...)...
    You need to boost sets of four toons, as in boost 4 or boost 8, etc.
    But it's probably good enough, that if you boost five classes on BCDE, A gets at least those five classes via granted levels.

BC and DE have valid RAF chains, even if A is a lot higher and more than 4 levels higher than B/D.
    EverQuest I: Bard / Enchanter / Druid / Wizard / 2x Magician.
    Diablo III: 4x Crusader & 4x Wizard.

My Guide to IS Boxer http://www.dual-boxing.com/showthread.php?t=26231 (somewhat dated).
    Streaming in 1080p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa
    Twitter: @Ualaa

Another great thing about dungeon boosting is that you don't need the booster to be on the same realm as the lowbies, as long as you can manage to bring them into the dungeon and you have a way to invite yourself via realID (one of the account registered under a different battle.net account, or a friend who can temporarily invite your toons)

Quote Originally Posted by Qebm View Post
    and you have a way to invite yourself via realID (one of the account registered under a different battle.net account, or a friend who can temporarily invite your toons)
    You should be able to invite yourself via RealID by manually typing /invite character-realm (no spaces in the realm name if they exist).

Quote Originally Posted by heyaz View Post
    80-85: ??? I really don't want to quest again
    85-90: ??? I really really don't want to quest again.
    You could have the booster do all of the quest work and just drag the boostees around on autofollow. Granted, there are times when you'll need to loot items (Collect 5 Panda Spleens or whatever), but the looting isn't as bad when you have AoE looting.
    As for AoE grinding, I used Deepholm a week ago, on that one spot with the Troggs. Evidently they've shut down XP on the ground-floor guys, but the ones that are way up a cliff still give XP. I'm at work so I can't be more specific than that, but I think I found it by googling "Cata aoe grinding" and "Mop aoe grinding".

Also, remember that the chest/shoulder heirlooms actually work until the moment you ding 81. The pants/hat/cape last until the moment you hit 86 (even though their stats are inferior to quest items by that level)