Close
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9
Showing results 81 to 84 of 84

Going to try boosting for the first time ever tomorrow after leveling many toons and teams through questing.

using a lvl 90 (Heroic MoP equipped) Paladin - presuming Retribution spec until close to lvl 80 ? Do you need to change spec and equip a shield with a spike on it at some point like you used to do ?

Quote Originally Posted by Flight View Post
    Do you need to change spec and equip a shield with a spike on it at some point like you used to do ?
    Doubtful, but you can likely pull more at once as a tank.

I would say, very doubtful. People were boosting when the cap was 85, and at 90 with heroic gear, you'll blow through the dungeon. You can always do a trial pass and see how it feels if you want, before you start your RAF timers. Personally, I've done Halls of Lightning with the Jade Forest vendor gear on a fire mage at 87 or 88. I also used a bad aoe rotation (only arcane explosion), so it wasn't a case of skill. I think some of the bosses required a bit more focus, but not much.

I used a 90 ret pally a few months ago, with some low ilvl pieces off the AH. Was under the impression once I was starting with wotlk dungeons that i had to equip my good geared prot spec, but that turned out to be totally different. As prot it takes ages to kill large packs, and as ret you just breeze through them. Even through the first cata dungeons.

If you have a heroic raid geared ret like you say, you wont take a scratch. Can solo everything up until MoP dungeons with great speed.
    Everything that is fun in life is either bad for your health, immoral or illegal!