Close
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
Showing results 41 to 50 of 84

Is boosting much faster than running a 5-man team w/tank & healer slots using dungeon finder? Isn't the dungeon finder XP bonus tripled as well?

What's the boost strategy? 1-main account to boost the 4-linked-RAF accounts?

Quote Originally Posted by griznip View Post
    Is boosting much faster than running a 5-man team w/tank & healer slots using dungeon finder? Isn't the dungeon finder XP bonus tripled as well?

What's the boost strategy? 1-main account to boost the 4-linked-RAF accounts?

There is grind boosting and dungeon boosting. Both use a high level main toon with linked RaF accounts.

Dungeon boosting is as described in this post, there are other posts on grind boosting but its basically just parking your alts in a specific place in the world while your high level toon kills everything.

While boosting you can't use the dungeon finder because the main is too high level. Running dungeons using 5 toons of appropiate level is much much much much much slower than boosting.

This is the method I used on my last set:

-Quest to 11
    -Boost using a lvl 90 guardian druid up to 80 (dungeon list already in this thread)
    -Grind boost in Deepholm trogg area 80-85 (a few hours per level with heirlooms + guild banner). At least 10k gold worth of drops/cloth especially with potion of treasure finding.
    -85-90: Quest up to Jade Temple (uninstanced quest hub), grind water elementals that spawn endlessly, 3-5 hours per level, faster than questing and tons of drops. If you loot you'll end up with like 50 spirits of harmony and several bank tabs full of BOE greens.

For the last two phases I recommend bringing a repair bot or jeeves or your bags will fill up and you'll run miss out on a ton of loot. Also use your mobile guild bank if you have one to empty your bags. At the water elemental area your bags will fill about every 1/5 of a level.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnGabriel View Post
    There is grind boosting and dungeon boosting. Both use a high level main toon with linked RaF accounts.

Dungeon boosting is as described in this post, there are other posts on grind boosting but its basically just parking your alts in a specific place in the world while your high level toon kills everything.

While boosting you can't use the dungeon finder because the main is too high level. Running dungeons using 5 toons of appropiate level is much much much much much slower than boosting.
    Much slower? I did my first 5-accounts using RAF/Dungeon Finder and thought it was fast. I'd be curious to see how fast dungeon boosting is!

Thanks for the heads up! Anyone have number of hours from 1-80 using this method?

Quote Originally Posted by griznip View Post
    Thanks for the heads up! Anyone have number of hours from 1-80 using this method?
    12 - 15-ish at this point I think.

Can be done in about 10 hours I think. 1-80
    80-85 in 8 hours
    85-90 in 20

Blog Entries

Playing with RAF bonuses, but no heirlooms...
    Because the five new accounts don't have any, and I don't want the referred accounts to out level the referring accounts over time...

Anyway, my time from 1st to 80th is closer to 30 hours /played.

That is with an 85 booster.
    The team quests from 1st to almost 11th.
    They reach 11th enroute to Shadowfang Keep.
    Level there until 24th; I hearth and train their ground mount, then head to Scarlet Monastery.
    They're in SM until 36th, when they relocate to Scholomance.
    At 44th, they hearth and train the faster mount and then head to Stratholme (dead side).
    From there (at 48th) they head to BRD.
    I stay in BRD until 58th, for Outland.
    Ramparts from 58th to 62nd, run over to Blood Furnace for 62nd to 64th, then hearth to train flying.
    Auch-Crypts 64-65th, Sethekk Halls 65-68; then hearth and train cold weather flying.
    Utgarde Keep 68-70th then Nexus 70-72nd (either one, then the other).
    Drak'Tharon Keep for a level 72-73.
    Gundrak, from 73-76.
    Halls of Stone 76-78 and Halls of Lightning 78-80.

I tried doing RoB at 67th and AoA at 75th, but with the whole Cross Realm Zones and opposing faction players interfering... that's a monumental waste of time.
    It's much faster to just do 2 extra runs in whatever dungeon who were already doing.
    EverQuest I: Bard / Enchanter / Druid / Wizard / 2x Magician.
    Diablo III: 4x Crusader & 4x Wizard.

My Guide to IS Boxer http://www.dual-boxing.com/showthread.php?t=26231 (somewhat dated).
    Streaming in 1080p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa
    Twitter: @Ualaa

I just did RoB in Nagrand at level 69 and just got 1/2 a level with RAF. Not really worth the effort IMHO. On my way to Nexus or Utgarde Keep.

Quote Originally Posted by Ualaa View Post
    Playing with RAF bonuses, but no heirlooms...
    Because the five new accounts don't have any, and I don't want the referred accounts to out level the referring accounts over time...

Anyway, my time from 1st to 80th is closer to 30 hours /played.

That is with an 85 booster.
    The team quests from 1st to almost 11th.
    They reach 11th enroute to Shadowfang Keep.
    Level there until 24th; I hearth and train their ground mount, then head to Scarlet Monastery.
    They're in SM until 36th, when they relocate to Scholomance.
    At 44th, they hearth and train the faster mount and then head to Stratholme (dead side).
    From there (at 48th) they head to BRD.
    I stay in BRD until 58th, for Outland.
    Ramparts from 58th to 62nd, run over to Blood Furnace for 62nd to 64th, then hearth to train flying.
    Auch-Crypts 64-65th, Sethekk Halls 65-68; then hearth and train cold weather flying.
    Utgarde Keep 68-70th then Nexus 70-72nd (either one, then the other).
    Drak'Tharon Keep for a level 72-73.
    Gundrak, from 73-76.
    Halls of Stone 76-78 and Halls of Lightning 78-80.

I tried doing RoB at 67th and AoA at 75th, but with the whole Cross Realm Zones and opposing faction players interfering... that's a monumental waste of time.
    It's much faster to just do 2 extra runs in whatever dungeon who were already doing.
    This seems much more like my recent boosting experience, although I boosted with a lvl 90 and did AoA. Even though I did not time my overall played on the boosted characters and I spent time AFK, it did seem a LOT more than 10 hours.
    I am currently in the process of a second set and just to get to level 11 took about 2 hours

Blog Entries

If you were to log them out, once they reach... cannot enter more instances... that would save time.
    This is a warcraft bug, most likely; when five toons do instances together, never alone... and 1-2 cannot enter, yet the rest can... ?

If you had Warlocks (or the old, "Have Group, Will Travel"), that too would save time.

I'm personally leveling teams to 80th.
    In as little real time as is possible for me to level them.
    I don't want to be 10th level for an extra hour.
    But it is real time I care about; logging a toon for an hour, because of the instance bug or leaving them sitting at the zone line and trying to enter every 5 minutes, either way it is the same amount of real time.
    EverQuest I: Bard / Enchanter / Druid / Wizard / 2x Magician.
    Diablo III: 4x Crusader & 4x Wizard.

My Guide to IS Boxer http://www.dual-boxing.com/showthread.php?t=26231 (somewhat dated).
    Streaming in 1080p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa
    Twitter: @Ualaa