Close
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Showing results 11 to 20 of 84

Zul'Farrak is really fast from 39-46. Particularly if you have a Druid and don't need to worry about being frog'.d

You can ride through the right side, do a big loop around past the aquamancer chick and back to the entrance and clear the whole thing in one pull. Ton of mobs. I usually go Stocks > SM > ZF > UBRS and then TBC instances.

I haven't tried boosting in Strath since Wrath, though. Not sure which has better XP/Hour since the instance level changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Meathead View Post
    I have to admit but I went from boosting to RDF and its really fast and more fun
    Actually, I leveled my Paladins this way, too. Boosted them through all the boring levels (to about 40-ish) and then RDF'd to 80. Queueing with random tanks was fun. The difference in personalities was interesting. I had some people rage at me and leave group, some thought it was hilarious and wanted to queue again (the fact that we were clearing instances in like 10 minutes with 4 rets probably didn't hurt). I even refered a few people to dual-boxing.com that wanted to know how it's done.

I'm not sure if it was as efficient XP/Hour-wise as boosting, but it was much more entertaining and felt like less of a grind.
    Last edited by Apatheist : 10-17-2012 at 05:55 AM

I never said quest I said RDF in a earlier post I say it is about 3-5 hours off Boosting I have seen 2 people RAF to 80 in a day a whole day about 16 hours
    Last edited by Meathead : 10-17-2012 at 07:11 AM

Quote Originally Posted by heyaz View Post
    so you can quest 1-80 in about 13 hours /played
    tell me your secret
    Not sure about questing.. but I can almost match those times running teams at level ( tank..healer.3dps ) like he said.. boosting beats me by about 4-5 hours.. I'm telling you.. the QUESTS give a HUGE amount of exp.. the time i take an all hierloomed group to clear a dungon is not long at all.. and you can skip some trash.. no need for it.. boss kills+quest exp+ fast and "fun" ! boosting is boring as hell...and when i'm done boosting.. i have no connection with the toons I boosted. When I level them, at level, via RDF I get to know the classes I'm playing and, even though the leveling is still super fast, I have a connection with them.. they feel earned not free, which is how I feel when i boost a toon.. just IMPO.

However, if your doing all the same class, you can not do it as fast of course. If i want 5 of everything as a goal.. i just mix the tank/healer and DPS slots to have the trio you need..but end result will be 5 of each class.
    Currently 5 Boxing 5 Protection Paladins on Whisperwind Alliance
    The Power of Five!!! ( short video )

Thats it, LyonHeart it is all about the connection with your toons, If you got 3 months to level alot of teams up I would rather play them all now then boost I used to boost but it got so boring that I would always quit halfway thru my teams, but now with RDF I LOVE IT! FUN and No Time at all!

im curious to know what classes you guys are using to boost? i recently came back and am starting to re-Raf new teams up. I cant decide which of my originals to use; Paladin, Druid, Shaman, Mage, or even a Lock of my original 85s.
    Meeo/Nibilus

Quote Originally Posted by Meeo View Post
    im curious to know what classes you guys are using to boost?
    Druid or Paladin are both fine.

1-15 questing
    15-23/24 Stockades
    24-35/36 SM Monastery
    36-43/44 Scholomance
    44-48 Stratholme
    48-58 LBRS/BRD (i use LBRS, but theres more quests in BRD... but takes twice as long)
    58-62 Ramparts (1-2 runs)
    62-64 Blood Furnace (walk there)
    64-65 A Crypts
    65-67 Sethekk halls
    67-68 Ring of blood
    68-70 Utgarde keep
    70-72 Nexus
    72-73 DTK
    73-75 Gundrak
    75-76 AoA
    76-78 Halls of stone
    78-80 Halls of lightning
    The Internet: We Know Drama
    If you're gona screw with my sig at least leave the thing bolded :P

Quote Originally Posted by Meeo View Post
    im curious to know what classes you guys are using to boost? i recently came back and am starting to re-Raf new teams up. I cant decide which of my originals to use; Paladin, Druid, Shaman, Mage, or even a Lock of my original 85s.
    I prefer druid over everything, but I've said that so many times I think people are tired of hearing about it.
    I like to be able to sprint, leap, etc. through the instance, go tank if the pulls are big, or just swipe spam to kill stuff.

I have previously boosted with paladin, mage, dk, and warlock.

Blog Entries

Last set of RAFing, I used existing toons to boost new toons.

With level 70 characters, boosting the new teams to 60th.
    I used a Prot Pally, a BM Hunter and an Elem Shaman to boost with.

This set of RAFing, I'll use level 85 Frost DK's.
    If I boost any allies (different server), I'll use an 85 Feral.
    EverQuest I: Bard / Enchanter / Druid / Wizard / 2x Magician.
    Diablo III: 4x Crusader & 4x Wizard.

My Guide to IS Boxer http://www.dual-boxing.com/showthread.php?t=26231 (somewhat dated).
    Streaming in 1080p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa
    Twitter: @Ualaa

Quote Originally Posted by heyaz View Post
    BRD is amazing and I'm looking forward to that one. The pulls were gigantic at 85 - now at 90 and with being able to shapeshift out of those stupid nets I think I can triple the size of the pull. I'll run into an instance lockout but oh well.

When I do 70-80 I just do each instance once, the quests + clearing most of the instance gets 1-1.5 levels, the quests alone accounting for 50-75% of the level. However without HGWT I don't know if it'll be as convenient, but you can always use two alts at a summoning stone which now work for any level as long as the target is 15 higher.

Where I'm not sure now is 80-90.... I'm thinking Deepholm or Twilight Highlands for 80-85, one of the areas with quick spawning mobs. 85-90, I don't know what has or has not been nerfed yet but there may still be the water elementals in jade temple, and of course you could farm AV/IOC this week.

So my path on Horde is something like:
    1-11: Questing
    11-23: SFK
    23-35: SM
    35-45: Strat/Scholo/whatever can't rememeber level range
    45-48: LBRS
    48-58: BRD
    58-62: Ramparts
    62-65: Underbog
    65-68: Steamvaults
    68-70: UTK
    70-79: One of each instance, with an extra run of HoL at the end
    80-85: ??? I really don't want to quest again
    85-90: ??? I really really don't want to quest again

Trying to get billing to merge my bnets since one of the raf recruits is on a separate bnet and cannot get my full heirloom set which now includes pants. That's 45% increased xp until 80 then 25% to 85.

You don't have to quest again. I read someone used RFD until 90 and normal MoP dungeons are not hard.j Just have a viable group. I an questing my 10 man to 90 and I am very close to saying fuck it and using RFD.

Just really tired of collect x 10 quests. Clicking something 100 times takes a while and really is not fun.

One thing is for sure, all groups after these two will be using RFD or PvP to level from 85- 90.
    Last edited by Multibocks : 10-17-2012 at 03:59 PM Reason: I really hate Swype. PoS.