Close
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Showing results 11 to 19 of 19

I'm leveling 5 Paladins once I get my main team strong and get some gold stashed. Now that I am getting some gear and making some gold I don't want to jump on it just yet. Damn I wish 85-90 was quicker!

Having some movement problems with the Voss fight aswell, playing all ranged 3x ele 1 resto 1 prot paladin, Third phase just get to chaotic.

For Voss gear does help, but not panicking with all the crap going on was the bigger hurdle, heh.

For my team P1 is tank and spank. When she goes back to the center and starts to levitate, that's when I blow cooldowns and DPS her as much as possible until she's immune. You don't want to do it any earlier because you'll be wasting time if she Dark Blazes you. With my current gear, she doesn't even get to do the Dark Blaze, but when she does, everyone goes on follow, run through her and along the wall {Glyphed Riptides from the Resto Shaman to top off if anyone strays through the fire}.

Phase 2, everyone DPSes until she starts to cast Fixate. DeadlyBoss Mods alerts to whom she's casting it on and because of the cast time I get fair warning so I can gather everyone up. If she fixates on DPS, everyone goes on follow and I kite her until I get a good lead, turn, cast from range, kite again. If she fixates on my healer or tank, the healer stays on follow and I IWT my DPS so they can tear her up while she follows my tank/healer. If I've timed it right, my cooldowns should still be running for a bit to help burn out Phase 2 a bit.

Phase 3, with any luck my P1 burst should have gotten her really low. She'll Dark Blaze at the start, just have them all follow along the wall like before until they stop streaming fire, then use the same process as P2 on her.
    Blog : Herding Khats
    Team : Kina - Çroaker - Messkit - Lìfetaker - Wìdowmaker
    Newbie Guides : Multiboxing Vol. 1 - Multiboxing Vol. 2 - HotKeyNet - Jamba
    The Almighty Lax made a liar out of me, apparently I DO get prizes for it.
    *Commences Wielding the Banhammer like there's piñatas up in here and I'm Lady Thor*

_ Forum search letting you down? Use the custom Google search _

Hi,
    I have enchanted all boots with the speedenchant, and spam follow while running the entire team around during the purple phase.
    Depending on the gear you can get her to the 2nd phase without getting the purple shit.
    Drop healing totems and/or using spiritwalkers grace also helps.
    Kul Tiras - EU: [A] Prot Pala +3x Shaman + Mage @ 110
    Lots of others around 85

Hmm khat my team is guardian, enh. Shaman, fury warrior, hunter, holy paladin. The paladin is a great healer unless I have to move... Before I gear up, you think it might be wise to switch to Druid or shaman heals? Would it help with many of the heroics?

That is the palies weak spot..not being able to spam insta heals on the move. Its why any other healer is better for movement fights where your taking damage. I think all the other heals have insta cast HoTs?
    Currently 5 Boxing 5 Protection Paladins on Whisperwind Alliance
    The Power of Five!!! ( short video )

Really, I've been running Resto Shaman as a healer since forever. I was never impressed with the Druid for boxing in PvE and while I did run Holy Paladin when I first started boxing, I was never a fan of how stationary they had to be back in the day, so I never picked them up again. So I can't really be objective comparing them all as they stand these days.

All I can really say is that the shaman has never let me down or made me consider swapping, though I do go back and forth considering bringing in a monk just to see how they fair. But the small amount I experimented with them in beta left me feeling there was too much randomness and other junk to account for. If they took away resto shamans and I had to consider another healer, my order of preference, understanding that I haven't kept up with the changes much at all, would probably be

Paladin > Druid > Monk > Priest

But that's is very much personal preference based only solo play or group leveling. I haven't spent much time with any of those classes in a real boxing environment in some time. I'm sure there's plenty of other posters here that think all that is hogwash and I'm totally nuts, lol.

Best advice I can give is give it a shot. Things aren't going to change all that much with more gear because as your healer gears up, so do your other toons, so while the healer can do better or more efficient healing, your tank can take more of a beating and your DPS can kill faster. I'd easily say that 50% of the value of a healer is the playstyle and if the playstyle doesn't mesh for you, it's always going to feel abysmal and be more work than it's worth for you to make them run the way you want or expect.
    Blog : Herding Khats
    Team : Kina - Çroaker - Messkit - Lìfetaker - Wìdowmaker
    Newbie Guides : Multiboxing Vol. 1 - Multiboxing Vol. 2 - HotKeyNet - Jamba
    The Almighty Lax made a liar out of me, apparently I DO get prizes for it.
    *Commences Wielding the Banhammer like there's piñatas up in here and I'm Lady Thor*

_ Forum search letting you down? Use the custom Google search _

I've been thinking about it, and I might replace my Druid and warrior. I'd need to level up more toons to 90 though. I am going to try resto shaman to see how it feels, but I would certainly miss my enhancment shaman. This is more evidence I need to level another comp to 90 and pick what works best for me.

Update: I didn't try the Shaman because I only have one at level 90 and I love it as Enhance. So, I changed my paladin to tank and my Druid to heals. Ill let you know how it goes once I gather some good data and comparisons! If the Druid isn't to my liking in going to level another shaman up from 80. I plan to try scholomance again tonight and see if it is much easier
    Last edited by Chivalrous : 01-15-2013 at 06:02 PM