Close
Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

Default Mogu'shan Palace - Heroic

ilvl 454 Blood DK Tank
    ilvl 446ish Ele Shaman, Surv Hunter, Arc Mage
    ilvl 446ish Disc Priest

Trial Of the King: Same three bosses, but order may vary, I always find it easier when it starts with Kuai the Brute.

Kuai - I pop everything, ignore his pet, face boss away from group. You can't pull pet aggro at all so just be mindful of who he's on, for heals. Just run through Kuai when he does shockwave.

Haiyan the Unstoppable - pretty much tank and spank, have your guys spread out as he does an AoE meteor. He also does a conflag which is a dot + disoreint on target, just make sure the recipient re-orients direction back to boss once it's off. Easiest of the 3

Ming the Cunning can throw a monkey wrench into your group with his whirling dervish and magnetic field. Not sure if it's time based but I've only faced one Magnetic field, but I think if you are slow enough he'll get a second of each in. Again start with guys spread out so the whirling dervish only hits one (two if you are unlucky). Watch for Magnetic Field, he starts to spin. I pre-bubble tank, then get ready to group strafe (bound left and right for whole group on a key), once he pulls you in (tank will get pulled in early, so I start strafing away on him separate from group), start strafing out, you'll still have aggro so boss will find you in that huge crowd. At this point just re-face your slaves to tank, and finish him off

Gekken - At start I CC the two casters on the sides, pull melee mob in front of Gekken, another melee mob comes in, just aoe that group (Gekken, and 2 melee adds), I pop everything and focus down the two melee adds. If you are lucky he doesn't use buff on either of the Healer adds which you have cc'd (it breaks CC) on some fights I've re'ccd. I kill healer adds then leave Gekken for last. To complete the encounter you have to kill the entire group. This encounter is easier then Trial of Kings, I suppose another option would be to nuke down Gekken, which gets rid of his buff on pets??

Xin the Weaponmaster - I have not killed in Heroic yet. Really hoping it's just due to positioning, but am worried it's a General Hussan like fight where it's just random bs I've had slaves in center and have gotten boss down to 20% but other times, they get chewed down early.

Quote Originally Posted by Longshot17 View Post
    Xin the Weaponmaster - I have not killed in Heroic yet. Really hoping it's just due to positioning, but am worried it's a General Hussan like fight where it's just random bs I've had slaves in center and have gotten boss down to 20% but other times, they get chewed down early.
    There is a safe zone between the walls where you dont get hit by knives. I bet with more gear you'll take him down fairly easy.
    Everything that is fun in life is either bad for your health, immoral or illegal!

Xin is the same on heroic as he is on normal. If you can kill him on normal, you should be able to kill him on heroic?

==Edit==
    For Xin the Weaponmaster:
    ===
    It's a bit random where the axes come up, but if you hump the sunlit area, closer to the boss with your slaves, it is much the same as normal. I only did it maybe twice on normal at lvl 88 and healed through the stream of blades part when/if I was positioned wrong. The sunlit area is your guide Just the stream of blades is a quick death on your slaves if you are caught out of position but circle of flame is easy to move out of. I find it is an easier encounter when your tank gets CoF placed on him, less movement.

~~~First MOP Heroic Cleared~~~

<i suck>
    Last edited by Longshot17 : 10-08-2012 at 06:30 PM

Just cleared this place with a melee team Started in the sunlight area, and made may way over to the pillar on the right (facing the throne.) It took a few attempts no one died on the last attempt. I find the axes the worst part of the encounter.

Some additional comments:

Haiyan: You want to stack on meteor, not spread out. If you do not stack in challenge mode, you die. The conflag may be a small AOE, so I think you want to spread for that and then stack for meteor.
    Ming: His abilities are on a timer. Ideally you want him dead before Magnetic Field, so I pop everything for Ming.

Gekken: This is where I got stuck in Challenge Mode the other day. For heroic this fight is almost trivial. Supposedly you can interrupt everything, but I just interrupt the cleansing fire from the Oracle. My kill order has always been Oracle, Ironhide, Shivguy, Gekken, and then the Hexxer. The only thing is that you have to be ready to dispel the hexes. IMO, if you could interrupt anything else, I'd interrupt the Shiv. That's brutal damage. The reason that I kept failing in CM was because something ate all my healer's mana. Once I figure that out I believe that I'll be able to do this fight.

Xin: As above, there is a safe zone between the pillars. You want to spread out and ideally stay out of the fire circles, but otherwise I just pop hero at Phase 2. You can also eat his damage cone with the tank, but it's obviously better to avoid. This fight is a good test of whether your healer has enough spirit. Lastly, in heroic you cannot be hit by the blades for very long and survive, so your number 1 priority is to keep an eye on your guys and move them quickly in case they get knocked into knives by an axe.