Close
Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

Default Heroic Scarlet Monastery: Halls

Scarlet Monastery: Halls
    Group:
    Blood DK i460
    Frost DK x3 i454, pull 30k damage each
    Resto Shaman i462

Archer Event: not much to it, my tank picks up the target, switches to unholy and uses Death’s Advance to clear the field in a few seconds. The team follows.

Hound Master: I attempted to zerg this boss and mid-way through realized I should kill the hounds before I’m overwhelmed. Otherwise it was a simple tank and spank. I’ll need better gear for the achievement but with better damage or more gear on the tank and healer it should be easy.

Blademaster: I haven’t killed this one yet, but the strategy involves tanking him on the stairway near the doorway and positing the healer further away. This way you can easily pick up the adds. When he does Blades of Light you need to jump into the center once he has cleared that area. When he finishes pick him and take him back up the stairs. The achievement shouldn’t be too hard once you manage the timing on when to jump. You can skip this boss

Pyromancer: A simple tank and spank. Don’t stand in things.

Quote Originally Posted by Narij View Post
    Blademaster:
    I stand on the platform opposite where you enter (between the two staircases). My team is all stacked up with the tank facing boss away from team. When he jumps into the middle, wait for him to pick a side then jump down. You can continue to DPS while he spins around (if your team is ranged), then just run your team back up the stairs when he comes back down.

If you position it properly, he will kill all the adds as he spins around. Very easy fight.
    Last edited by Apatheist : 10-09-2012 at 01:48 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Apatheist View Post
    I stand on the platform opposite where you enter (between the two staircases). My team is all stacked up with the tank facing boss away from team. When he jumps into the middle, wait for him to pick a side then jump down. You can continue to DPS while he spins around (if your team is ranged), then just run your team back up the stairs when he comes back down.

If you position it properly, he will kill all the adds as he spins around. Very easy fight.
    I do the same thing. I would only comment that when he picks a direction he will ascend one staircase and after he comes back around descend the other. When he descends, you should be standing at the bottom of the staircase that he ascended. If you move too far up or too close to the wall he will pick you up anyway so be cautious. This is really the only part of the fight that you can fail.

I managed to get Blademaster down, but it was rough. I start by pulling him to the door, ignore the adds and once he drops down to do Blade of Light and picks a side, I drop down with my whole team. Then I scoot into the little curve where the stairs crisscross. You want to get in tight, but not close enough to touch the wall and he should breeze by you without hitting you. That takes some practice, but works nicely, just have to resist the urge to jump the gun on timing or panic.

Once he passes, I try and scoot back up the stairs, but that's not always possible. Then it's just rinse and repeat on the tucking into the stairs and DPSing until he starts his frenzy thing. That's when I pop cooldowns and pray. I ignore the adds all through the fight and let AOE/Blades take them out, otherwise he's up too long and he's spam calling adds and building frenzy stacks, with is a guaranteed wipe.
    Blog : Herding Khats
    Team : Kina - Çroaker - Messkit - Lìfetaker - Wìdowmaker
    Newbie Guides : Multiboxing Vol. 1 - Multiboxing Vol. 2 - HotKeyNet - Jamba
    The Almighty Lax made a liar out of me, apparently I DO get prizes for it.
    *Commences Wielding the Banhammer like there's piñatas up in here and I'm Lady Thor*

_ Forum search letting you down? Use the custom Google search _

Quote Originally Posted by Khatovar View Post
    adds
    If you're standing at the intersection between the staircases, just before he does his bladestorm thing, you'll see he moves the opposite way for a moment, then starts up the stair. It's hard to describe in text, he sort of feints towards one staircase before going up the other.

When you see this, run your group a few meters up the ramp he's going to, then drop down. The adds will turn around and run back down the path to get to you, but the boss will pick them up and kill them. Once you get it down, you can easily clear all the adds each time he bladestorm's.

How do you guys get passed the archer event I am doing it at a low level 30 and die all the time

Did it was just how I was moving them Only had to do it once got 3-4 levels
    Last edited by Meathead : 10-19-2012 at 11:04 PM