Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 19

Default Temple of the Jade Serpent

I didn't see a thread for this, so here's one.

My team is only level 86, so this is just for normal, but I'm happy enough that I've got the fights down.

My techniques:

Wise Mari: Kill the spawns and then run your team up to the wall behind Mari and just eat the water blast & heal up (hard at 85 with fresh 372ish gear, easy at 86 with 390+ gear). If you can't manage to heal through it, you can have your team run in circles (avoiding the water if you can) and nuke, healing as you get a chance. Takes forever that way, but it's doable.

2nd boss will be luck of the draw: Each time I basically just nuked them and healed through it. First time was at 85 with an average ilvl of 372 for my team, second time was at 86 with 390 average.

3rd boss: Position your DPS & Heals so that they avoid the waves that spawn and burn the boss down until it becomes a dragon. Move your team out of the void zones the dragon will spawn and burn it down. This fight is hard if you are fresh 85, but really easy when you have some gear and a level.

4th and final boss: This one I could not do at 85 because my DPS just wasn't good enough and killing the boss required me to not make any mistakes on debuffing, stop DPSing to heal, and etc. Also, this boss seemed to aggro right as my character crossed into the room, causing the door to close and sometimes locking characters out. So, my strategy for the Sha of Doubt is:

1) Pull it into the courtyard in front of the boss room, causing it to de-spawn.
    2) Once the boss has de-spawned, run my team into its room and position them in a clump wherever convenient, and wait for it to re-spawn.
    3) Nuke the boss, and be sure to IMMEDIATELY dispel the debuff it casts on one of your teammates.
    4) The boss will disappear and summon adds - one for each of your party. You should be in a clump and just AoE burn them down ASAP; if you don't, they can explode (hurting you and healing the boss)
    5) Repeat 3 and 4, collect loot when done.

I was able to do Sha of doubt at 85 (1 prot pally, 4 ele sham, 390 geared) by using a spread macro at the start and after each add phase (grouped back and used ancestral guidance for adds with CL spam). At 87 it's a joke as you just pop Ascendance and hero and elemental mastery at the start and nuke him down to bugger all.

I did have to do a fair bit of self healing though, healing stream every cd and adds hurt the shams if they dont die quick enough
    Frostmourne (Oceanic) - Bloodlust - Alliance - 10 Boxer

Quote Originally Posted by kate View Post
    run my team into its room and position them in a clump wherever convenient.
    Once your healers mana can handle stacking up instead of spreading (the boss still AoE's, even if you're quick on dispel) try positioning your team in a corner somewhere, with your backs to the wall. This way, when the adds spawn, they move into a nice stack in front of you so you can cleave them down easily.

My team cleared heroic today (4 DKs, 1 shaman), One blood, the shaman is resto. My gear is 454 with mostly pvp.

Wise Mari:
    P1, Simply kill the spawns and don't stand in the puddles.
    P2, Standing in the water does damage, his wave does damage. My dps died early on but since there's no pressure the tank was able to solo it.

Lorewalker Stonestep
    The Trial of yaungol
    I killed on boss then the other, although you're supposed to switch whenever they do their moves.

Liu Flameheart
    P1 Not much to it, the fire walls spawn outside of melee range so you don't need to do anything but dps and cleanse.
    p2, Pools of poison everywhere so keep moving.

Sha of Doubt

A simple fight just cleanse the magic and collect loot.

Quote Originally Posted by Apatheist View Post
    Once your healers mana can handle stacking up instead of spreading (the boss still AoE's, even if you're quick on dispel) try positioning your team in a corner somewhere, with your backs to the wall. This way, when the adds spawn, they move into a nice stack in front of you so you can cleave them down easily.
    I'm going to do that next time I run and see how it works - one time I was against a wall they seemed to spawn inside the wall, but I don't know if that's just perception or what. I do distributed healing in (my shammies cast a heal now and again) as well as have my priest do dedicated healing, so it's really easy now to heal through the fight.

Quote Originally Posted by kate View Post
    they seemed to spawn inside the wall.
    Make sure it's a solid wall and not a door, etc.

It's not really a big deal. Once you get up to a decent item level on your DPS, you can easily just pull them together, IWT to face the mobs and then chain lightning kills them fast enough. I'm just lazy and like making things as easy as possible

I think Sha of Doubt was made to sound a little more trivial than it is. There are multiple facets to this fight and the OP had a pretty good strat. I am just adding what I do to this thread: On the pull I run straight to the boss and start. You must immediately dispel both on the pull and after each add phase. Then, on the pull and after each add phase I spread out one at a time (no spread macro). The main thing about this fight is dispelling and killing the adds fast enough. On each adds phase I put everyone on follow and basically focus one at a time with some passive AOE.

So, my strat is group up, dispel then spread, nuke, group up, dispel then spread, nuke, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by olibri1 View Post
    Then, on the pull and after each add phase I spread out one at a time (no spread macro).
    You don't have a spread out macro, so you can't spread out with one? I know times is of the essence on this fight and a macro would be better,no?

Also, i noticed in one attempt on this fight, there are floating crystals in each corner with energy beams/bolts coming out, you can click on them and they vanish.. anyone know what that does? I ended up beating the encounter but never figured out what those do.. if anything.
    Last edited by Lyonheart : 10-16-2012 at 08:08 AM
    Currently 5 Boxing 5 Protection Paladins on Whisperwind Alliance
    The Power of Five!!! ( short video )

Quote Originally Posted by Lyonheart View Post
    You don't have a spread out macro, so you can't spread out with one? I know times is of the essence on this fight and a macro would be better,no?
    Timing and distance are not that tight. You just need to be a little bit separated. I just manually move one at a time. I tend to prefer doing a lot of things manually vs. trying to automate stuff.

I would love to see a video of how people handle the Sha of Doubt on Heroic. I have tried a few things including the strats above but I can't seem to get out of the second phase.

PVE and PVP teams on Lightninghoof-US (lvl 70+)