Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 19

Thread: Riiker's Setup

Post Riiker's Setup

Just posting my super awesome setup for anyone who cares.

*****************EDIT*******************

Fixed the link!

http://www.sendspace.com/file/8kk90u

To make it work you need to click the the clickbar button labeled "TNG" to activate the key maps. You have to do this everytime you reload the character set.

Make sure that if you want to use it that you define all of the 'variable key strokes' to your ingame keybinds.

Also, several of my abilities are activated by using clickbars. I have removed all of my clickbar images to make using this setup easier to use. I recommend assigning images to the clickbars to make them mmore user friendly.

-Riiker
    Last edited by Riiker : 03-29-2013 at 03:43 AM Reason: Fixed the download link
    You better Trek yourself before you wreck yourself!

Awesome setup man, I've used IS boxer for a while but I have never gone that far into the setup, I've mainly used it just for key repeating and multi-monitor setup. Looking to get back into boxing after a couple month break but I had to reformat my comp and didn't save anything so now I get to start fresh. I saw your setup and thought I would give it a shot to save a little time but after looking at it, it's way more complex than anything I have ever setup in ISboxer so I was wondering if you wouldn't mind answering a couple of questions.
    1. Theoretically I should be able to make a new team, assign appropriate key maps and click bars, use the SWTOR Character Config tool, and define keybinds and most things should work with a few tweaks here and there. Am I on the right path here?
    2. Do you use generic names for characters in ISboxer for ease of switching and making new teams.
    3. Do you have any other helpful hints you would like to share.
    Also would you mind posting a screenshot so I could see the layout of your UI
    Thanks in advance for any help. I would love to be able to this going as it would put my old system of mashing buttons and trying to keep some semblance of a DPS rotation to shame.

@Highliner -
    1. You should definitely be able to make a new team and use the setup. Just like u said... The character names will be the biggest problem.
    2. Yes. It can get pretty confusing if you need to switch teams
    3. Yes I do, but I think that I'll make a video guide to discuss the setup and how to use it.

This is a video of me running maelstrom prison, it should be able to answer some of your questions:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ks6cG...e_gdata_player

Hi, Riiker I copied your setup and would love to use it but I'm getting a error when i try to export to innerspace.

Missing Click Bar Image 'Mouse On.png' for Click Bar Buttons Action and I cant figure out what that means?

Any help would be awesome. Thanks look forward to trying out your awesome set up.

Exodus, the problem is that I have several click bars which have icons assigned to them. You won't be able to use the setup unless you create images with the names it says you are missing. There are several click bar images that you will have to create. Unfortunately, at the time I posted this I didn't realize the huge pain in the butt that this would become.

So can you post yours with everything? or does it not tranfer the images you use etc. Just wondering.

I went to Torhead and used the windows snipping tool to get the images I used for my click bars.

Quote Originally Posted by Exodos View Post
    So can you post yours with everything? or does it not tranfer the images you use etc. Just wondering.
    Unfotunately, there is no way to attach the images. I've ran into this same problem when I transferred my setup to a new computer. I wish I could promise you a repost of my setup without the image problem and post a guide but I simply don't have time these days between work, family (baby), and actually playing the game.

If you don't want to create new images, then you find all of the mapped keys that refer to click bar images and delete those actions.

So the variable keystrokes are wherever you put your abilities on your hotbars? Then the click images call those per character?
    Last edited by Plexar : 02-19-2013 at 09:28 AM

Quote Originally Posted by Plexar View Post
    So the variable keystrokes are wherever you put your abilities on your hotbars? Then the click images call those per character?
    Yeah, pretty much.