Close
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 39

Default How is LOB and Panda Express?

You guys grinding away at your multiple teams? How much do you like the Xpac? Is LOB still alive? I am getting sick of Swtor. At this point I am resisting the urge to buy Wow.
    “Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
    Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
    Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
    Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?”
    Epicurus

Quote Originally Posted by pinotnoir View Post
    You guys grinding away at your multiple teams? How much do you like the Xpac? Is LOB still alive? I am getting sick of Swtor. At this point I am resisting the urge to buy Wow.
    The MoP expansion has some rough spots for boxers but overall it will be a fine expansion. They did much better this time as far as bugs go, nothing like the problems during previous releases. I would say if you liked WoW before you will like it now, same feel to it.

You might as well wait for the initial surge dies down, and its possible to log in without a queue.

I didn't care for MoP. It's very good looking and no doubt the best looking expansion they've done so far but its entirely too quest orientated.

If you hate WoW questing like I do skip this expansion. You'll regret it otherwise. John is right however. It's identical in nature to previous WoW games. That means a metric ton of collection and kill quests.

Quote Originally Posted by MadMilitia View Post
    I didn't care for MoP. It's very good looking and no doubt the best looking expansion they've done so far but its entirely too quest orientated.

If you hate WoW questing like I do skip this expansion. You'll regret it otherwise. John is right however. It's identical in nature to previous WoW games. That means a metric ton of collection and kill quests.
    The expansion has been live for 4 days and you're telling people to skip it because it isn't worth it?

Also, what does "too quest oriented" mean exactly? I remember having to do quests to level back in The Burning Crusade, Wrath of the Lich King, Cataclysm, and even all the way back in Vanilla WoW. I would find it odd if they just gave everyone level 90 from the get go. If they did give everyone level 90 for free, would that make this expansion "worth it"?

You can use Instances to Grind with your team and that is still fast, Atm im playing casual 5-6 hours a day max and am nearly 89 already its fast!

Quote Originally Posted by MiRai View Post
    The expansion has been live for 4 days and you're telling people to skip it because it isn't worth it?

Also, what does "too quest oriented" mean exactly? I remember having to do quests to level back in The Burning Crusade, Wrath of the Lich King, Cataclysm, and even all the way back in Vanilla WoW. I would find it odd if they just gave everyone level 90 from the get go. If they did give everyone level 90 for free, would that make this expansion "worth it"?

Don't misunderstand the complaint. It's that they spent years "crafting" this collect x of y, kill x of y experience. They like done in the past spent a lot of time and resources focusing on a minigame that players will be done with in 2 months tops. Instead of focusing on enjoyable encounters, group mechanics (which are great for us boxers), model updates and whatnot we got 2 months of content that ranks at the very bottom. I know for me it does. Apparently level 90 is no different as the rep you need to buy JP gear comes from dallies.

So sure, it is like every other WoW expansion. That's precisely why I won't be playing it.

I'm enjoying my monk team, currently 54

Quote Originally Posted by MadMilitia View Post
    It's that they spent years "crafting" this collect x of y, kill x of y experience. They like done in the past spent a lot of time and resources focusing on a minigame that players will be done with in 2 months tops.
    Still not seeing how this is any different than any other expansion ever. How much time did I have to spend collecting spineleaf and zeppelin parts and blood in Hellfire? How many times did I have to do vehicle quests one by one over and over in the Argent Tourny and the rest of Wrath? I was done leveling in Cata within 2 or 3 days and had canceled all my accounts within a month of release, and the only reason it took that long was because I had to spend a lifetime in freakin' cut scenes.

Every MMO is about Kill X Collect Y. There's not a whole hell of a lot else they can do. Sounds to me like you're burnt on MMO gaming and it doesn't have anything at all to do with WoW in particular.
    Blog : Herding Khats
    Team : Kina - Çroaker - Messkit - Lìfetaker - Wìdowmaker
    Newbie Guides : Multiboxing Vol. 1 - Multiboxing Vol. 2 - HotKeyNet - Jamba
    The Almighty Lax made a liar out of me, apparently I DO get prizes for it.
    *Commences Wielding the Banhammer like there's piñatas up in here and I'm Lady Thor*

_ Forum search letting you down? Use the custom Google search _

Quote Originally Posted by Khatovar View Post
    Still not seeing how this is any different than any other expansion ever. How much time did I have to spend collecting spineleaf and zeppelin parts and blood in Hellfire? How many times did I have to do vehicle quests one by one over and over in the Argent Tourny and the rest of Wrath? I was done leveling in Cata within 2 or 3 days and had canceled all my accounts within a month of release, and the only reason it took that long was because I had to spend a lifetime in freakin' cut scenes.

Every MMO is about Kill X Collect Y. There's not a whole hell of a lot else they can do. Sounds to me like you're burnt on MMO gaming and it doesn't have anything at all to do with WoW in particular.

As stated this is exactly the same as ever which is why most of us that are turned off by it are turned off by it. Lipstick on a pig.

You're making a mistake in thinking this is all they can do. Get in the fight or get on the farm? They clearly went with the latter. They had a great idea and ran it into the ground in lazy fashion. They could have had the very first 3 quests in Jade Forest be the mood for the next 3 zones. Instead it became a stupid collect grind far worse than BC to my recollection. I'd rather have a dozen (which is still probably an exaggeration) BC collects than I'd have of one zone chock loaded with collect quests. Check out Valley of the Four to see what I mean.

They could do this a lot more interesting and engaging than they are right now. Call me a snob but this questing like most of the questing in the past smacks of adolescence and is an insult to the intelligence of any 20+ year old. Is water wet? Remember that gem from Cataclysm? More of the same.

Someone on the general forum says that the point is the journey but I'm beginning to realize how much that journey sucks. Especially so in the first 4 weeks of a new expansion. So I'm tuning out. You are right about one thing. I'm burned out when it comes to Blizzard's approach to MMOs.