Close
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Showing results 11 to 20 of 39

Quote Originally Posted by MadMilitia View Post
    I didn't care for MoP. It's very good looking and no doubt the best looking expansion they've done so far but its entirely too quest orientated.

If you hate WoW questing like I do skip this expansion. You'll regret it otherwise. John is right however. It's identical in nature to previous WoW games. That means a metric ton of collection and kill quests.
    I leveled 85-90 in about 2 days grinding dungeons. I did like 3 quests before 90.

It's entirely possible to avoid questing entirely in MOP. Particularly now that more people have purchased the crafting patterns and you can just buy yourself the crafted i450 PvP gear/weapon and have high enough ilevel to queue for heroics.

PS.

How many active boxers currently in LOB?
    Last edited by Apatheist : 10-14-2012 at 09:03 AM

Well I'm one. I think there are around 6 on at any one time in prime time, hard to tell since there are so many toons logged in and I don't know all the names.

I'm back, Pinot. I have my 5 paladins at 90, i plan to do the odd dungeon or two with them every day for gear, and then working on my 8 hunters and 2 resto druids now.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MadMilitia View Post
    Don't misunderstand the complaint. It's that they spent years "crafting" this collect x of y, kill x of y experience. They like done in the past spent a lot of time and resources focusing on a minigame that players will be done with in 2 months tops. Instead of focusing on enjoyable encounters, group mechanics (which are great for us boxers), model updates and whatnot we got 2 months of content that ranks at the very bottom. I know for me it does. Apparently level 90 is no different as the rep you need to buy JP gear comes from dallies.

So sure, it is like every other WoW expansion. That's precisely why I won't be playing it.
    I agree with you to a degree...

I look at the whole leveling process as a necessary evil.

The first time through a zone, I read the quests, listen to all of the cut-scenes and explore the lore.
    Every other time through that zone, its click accept, take the next quest, run to this location and kill things, or Escape to end the cut-scene early...
    I generally go with the Zygor Guide, which greatly facilitates this approach.

The fun part is getting the next toy (ability from leveling).
    That is also the fun part for me, when I'm a player in a Dungeons & Dragons game (have been playing or DMing almost weekly, for close to 25 years now).
    The grind isn't the fun part, but its what you do to get the next advancement on your character.

When I raided, getting to the next stage of a given boss and learning what was required was interesting.
    But grinding it out, attempt after attempt... sometimes for several weeks, until everyone could do it without too many errors... well that portion is the necessary evil as well.
    And beating the phase, to encounter the next phase, or ultimately beating the encounter and getting the reward that's the benefit once toons are maximum level.

I don't raid anymore, and haven't since Ulduar was the top content.
    I didn't even step into a single Cataclysm era dungeon, 5-man or raid.
    The new game is PvP.
    The grind is getting the honor gear, with each increase in damage/survivability as the reward.
    After that, the grind is Rated BG's and/or Arena and/or Random BG's (many of which I don't enjoy)... to get the gear that allows for the fun portion of the game.
    Which is playing the few boxer friendly BG's and blowing people up; my 5-box (Pally/4x DK's) could take out 3x their number 9 times in 10... which was the fun portion of BG's.
    Sure, I've had frustrating encounters with say three players (far less geared than the worst of my five), where I cannot burn a tower/bunker... not saying my 5 were/are always victorious, not by a far stretch.
    But they're extremely dominant, the equivalent of a raid boss in AV, IoC, EotS and WSG... which is the fun part of PvP.
    EverQuest I: Bard / Enchanter / Druid / Wizard / 2x Magician.
    Diablo III: 4x Crusader & 4x Wizard.

My Guide to IS Boxer http://www.dual-boxing.com/showthread.php?t=26231 (somewhat dated).
    Streaming in 1080p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa
    Twitter: @Ualaa

Hm. I may roll a team on your server and see if I can find someone to have a crack at 10's with. I just didn't want to go to the effort only to find out there's like 3 people in the guild :P

> Hm. I may roll a team on your server and see if I can find someone to have a crack at 10's with. I just didn't want to go to the effort only to find out there's like 3 people in the guild :P

There are a number of us that did 10s/25s mbox last xpac. I am taking my time through this one but I intend to be back on the pve side of the house.
    Last edited by Khatovar : 10-15-2012 at 10:41 PM

Yeah, I am also more into the PvE side these days, given the eas eof heroics this time around. I also enjoy PvP.

There are a bunch of active boxers in LoB still, but the thing is, if you want to be social, you have to make it happen. everyone is too ubsy for idle chat and small-talk. ad as you know, stopping your toons to chat in guild isn't as easy for us as a solo player, so we often are online but quiet unless we need help or advice etc.

LoB still rocks, but there are plenty of options out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoi View Post
    stopping your toons to chat in guild isn't as easy for us as a solo player
    You guys don't have vent? I've been in a 25man guild for about 3 years and everyone knows not to bother trying to whisper me in-game while I'm boxing That's what vent is for.

Blog Entries

Pretty sure they do.
    EverQuest I: Bard / Enchanter / Druid / Wizard / 2x Magician.
    Diablo III: 4x Crusader & 4x Wizard.

My Guide to IS Boxer http://www.dual-boxing.com/showthread.php?t=26231 (somewhat dated).
    Streaming in 1080p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa
    Twitter: @Ualaa

Yeah we have vent, it should be in the guilds greeting. Or info tab.