Close
Showing results 1 to 9 of 9

Default Fury warrior + 4 ret pallys - Stormstout Brewery (normal)

This is an unrefined video of my first kills (except the rabbit, didn't have FRAPS running so that was my second kill) for the instance. Fury warrior and four rets, relying on Glyph of the Battle Healer and sporadic Words of Glory for healing. I love this team, though these instances are tougher than I expected with pure DPS melee.

Gear score for all the toons was pretty low. I think the pallys were around 355 and the warrior was at 370...
    Last edited by Owltoid : 09-27-2012 at 08:05 AM
    Owltoid, Thatblueguy, Thisblueguy, Otherblueguy, Whichblueguy

It's been so long since I made a video... using Windows Media Maker and YouTube, what is the process to upload in HD? I've done it before, but it was years ago.

just upload it now at whatever resolution you want, and YouTube will convert it to all the HD res avalable.

Cool video, what made you pick Fury? Why not prot?

To be a unique snowflake. Tongue in cheek but I do like to do things differently. I'm guessing most of us fall into that crowd.

Longer version is that I played a fury warrior for most of vanilla raiding and I wanted to give it another go with support. I'm engaged now, getting older and piling on the responsibilities. I'm guessing this is my last expansion and I wanted to make a name for my old (and now current) main toon Jugz, if at all possible, before I hang up my WoW hat for good.

I understand. Congrats on the engagement, I am on my way head first there before the year is up myself, so this will be my last expansion too. Good luck to the both of us

This will be your last expansion why is that? Also its quite funny that how you arnt even prot and tanking and facerolling it I dont remember when the game was this easy.

Yeah, I agree. so far, the instances have been cake. my warrior and 4 disc priests are doing great.

Rated Arena Member

It seems that the glyph battle healer dosnt provide that much healing, how good are your weapons?

Wouldnt it be smarter to play a tank id go prot warrior just for 1 more battle healer, but thats only if the healing counts as smartheal i hope it does?

The glyph hasn't provided as much as I hoped, but a large part of that could be due to my crappy gear. The good news is that as their DPS scales, so will the healing. However, more than once I have considered not using the glyph and therefore not needing to use Seal of Insight (which is a DPS nerf).

There are lots of "smarter" ways to play - I'm trying it this way for the challenge. If I was trying to do it the "easiest" way I'd probably just go with 4 shamans and a pally tank, but that doesn't excite me. I was successful using no tank with 4 disc priests, though atonement heals a hell of a lot more than Battle Healer (so far), and I'm going to keep giving it a shot with no tank plus 4 rets. One of the ways I get mitigation is through 4 sacred shields, though it's not a ton. It will be a work in progress and I'm sure there will be a point where I'm hitting a wall, but it's not like I'm doing anything crazy like trying to take 5 mages through all the instances

So far the biggest roadblock, other than just having decent gear in general, is due to not having a magic dispel. If anything, at this point I will consider converting a pally into a healer for some boss fights just so I can get the dispel. However, I've avoided it so far and will try to do that as a last resort.