Close
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9
Showing results 81 to 90 of 90
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by suicidesspyder View Post
    Im thinking 5 mistweavers. Might not be great dps but u can set the macro and just spam flying serpent kick you wont ever die and can grab tons and tons of mobs at once.
    Mistweavers actually do really great dps, at least in heirloom gear, until level 80 or so.

Yeah I have been steam rolling through instance but around 50 I had to take one brewmaster to control damage... simple macro lets you hold aggro and with chi wave and other monks abilities plenty of healing + damage floating around. SCK is on a spam button but not part of my typical rotation. It is good to spam with a CTM as you gather some mobs if grinding.

ON Macros, how is everyone making long macros past the 255/255 chars? Im trying to copy and paste these long Macros but it says I run out of chars letters to use.

Quote Originally Posted by explode View Post
    ON Macros, how is everyone making long macros past the 255/255 chars? Im trying to copy and paste these long Macros but it says I run out of chars letters to use.
    You should really break up questions that aren't on topic into the separate forums that they belong because right now you're asking about an introductory macro question on page 9 of a leveling thread from last September which pertains to Monks specifically.

If a new person, like yourself, joins this forum and has the same question, I would assume that they would most likely look for this information in the macro sub-forum and not this Monk leveling thread.

Does anyone have that spin to win macro to change stances for mistweavers to keep sck going non stop.
    They say spiders have 8 legs well i guess im a rare and unimaginable specimen. Ive got 9 legs and my web comes from that 9th leg. HaHa.

never heard of it

Theres a macro out there that allows ur monk as a mw to keep spinning it just changes stances over n over while spinning so u can always spin without stopping.
    They say spiders have 8 legs well i guess im a rare and unimaginable specimen. Ive got 9 legs and my web comes from that 9th leg. HaHa.

If that were true you would include it here.

Blog Entries

I saw the video and used it a tiny bit myself with my monks. Basically it works off the principle that you keep casting SCK using mana until you are too low on mana and then you switch to your energy using stance. so it was something like

Both keys hit at the same time 1> 1,2

1:/cast [stance:1(or whatever mistweaver is)] spinning crane kick
    2:/castsequence reset=combat windwalker stance, spinning crane kick, spinning crane kick, mistweaver

The idea is that you cast a couple of weaker, energy based SCKs while waiting to regenerate enough mana to go back into mistweaver. A sequence of four or five scks might work better between stance dances.

I haven't played a monk in eight or nine months but the concept (stupidly named as it is) of "spin to win" is sound, or at least it was then.

Quote Originally Posted by luxlunae View Post
    The following are my 4 step macros for mistweaver. My toons do not yet have renewing mists:
    *SNIP*
    These will obviously change as I level but the thing to keep in mind with monks is that it is best to keep chi generation and chi usage on separate steps or else your macros can easily hang or waste chi.
    Much appreciate you posting these. There are times when a second opinion unsticks you from a mental rut. So, thanks!

[edit] N-N-N-NECRO... (oops)
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)