Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 16

Default Khat's MoP Mixed Melee Macros...MMMM

Macros between *'s are called using my DoRandomToggle setup.

As usual, my setup is probably way more complicated than most people are interested in, but I figured I may as well post it anyway.

For talents, the only ones I use that matter are Sacred Shield and Divine Purpose. My final talent will be Holy Prism.

For Glyphs, only Harsh Words impacts the macros I use.

Macros in order of priority -

Code:
    /targetenemy [noharm][dead]
    /cast Hammer of Wrath
    All my macros use the /targetenemy, but I stripped it out to save space here.

Code:
    /cast Shield of the Righteous
    Code:
    /cast Avenger's Shield
    Code:
    /castsequence reset=combat/alt Sacred Shield, Hammer of the Righteous, Crusader Strike, Crusader Strike, Hammer of the Righteous, Crusader Strike, Crusader Strike
    This lets SS run for a while instead of spamming it. I'm also a fan of having a mix of CS and HotR, mostly to make sure I'm getting AOE agro, but you'll also want to start with HotR for the Weakened Blows effect.

Code:
    /cast Judgment
    Code:
    /cast Holy Prism
    Code:
    /castsequence reset=3/target Word of Glory, null

Alternate WoG macro

Code:
    /cast [@player] Word of Glory
    While I default my spam to use WoG as an attack, I still want to be able to heal myself with WoG, so I have a mouseover region over my Jamba Proc alert for whenever I get Divine Purpose. That gives me the option to heal myself for "free" or let it roll for SotR. I also have a separate key in case I need to manually use it.

Holy Wrath and Consecration are done manually as needed and is tied into the rest of my team's AOE stuff.

Nothing especially interesting in the talents. For Glyphs I use Riptide, Flame Shock and Telluric Currents. The last one doesn't really impact my macros much, but I probably wouldn't cast LB at all without it and it'll be the first I drop if something more interesting comes up.

Code:
    /castsequence reset=5 Healing Stream Totem, Grounding Totem, Searing Totem, Healing Stream Totem, Grounding Totem
    Code:
    /castsequence [@party1target, exists][] reset=target Flame Shock, Lava Burst, Lightning Bolt, Lava Burst, Lightning Bolt, Lava Burst
    Code:
    /castsequence [@party1] reset=5 Unleash Elements, Riptide
    Code:
    /castsequence [@party2, exists][] reset=3 Riptide, fred
    /castsequence [@party3, exists][] reset=3 Riptide, phred
    /castsequence [@party4, exists][] reset=3 Riptide, gertrude
    /castsequence [@player] reset=3 Riptide, bertha

Those are all individual macros, but I didn't figure they each needed their own code box. See here for the deal with Fred and company.

Again, talents are pretty uninteresting. Glyphs that impact my macros are Flame Shock and Grounding Totem.

Code:
    /use 10
    /cast [@party1target, exists][] Unleash Elements()
    /cast [nodead,combat,harm]Feral Spirit
    Code:
    /cast [@party1target, exists][] Stormstrike
    Code:
    /cast [@party1target, exists][] Lava Lash
    Code:
    /castsequence reset=5 Searing Totem, Healing Stream Totem, Grounding Totem, Healing Stream Totem
    Code:
    /castsequence [@party1target, exists][] reset=target/5 Flame Shock, Earth Shock, Earth Shock, Earth Shock, Earth Shock
    Code:
    /cast Fire Nova
    Code:
    /castsequence [@party1target, exists][] reset=3/alt Lightning Bolt, nil

My DoRandomToggle setup for the Enh uses a ratio of 3 LB:2 Fire Novas:3 "blank" toggles. This combined with a castsequence for LB minimizes the chances of my hardcasting Lightning Bolt and thus resetting my swing timer and killing my DPS. I still use my Pitbull to Manage Procs setup, but only for Maelstrom Weapon and rather than using it for sending all my LBs, I use it to keep an eye on MW. If it's up too long, I know that my Randomized Cast is hitting the LB sequence too much and it's not resetting, so mousing over the Pitbull frame I set up sends the Alt+key to reset the macro.

Also, both of my shamans use Toggles/step in conjunction with the Priority setup. For my healer, the first step doesn't call the Riptides for the rest of the party, while the second step does. this cuts down on overspamming Riptide. For my Enhance, the first step puts the Fire Nova/Lightning Bolt on the bottom of the sequence and the second puts it closer to the top. This keeps the LB/FN from overspamming, but also gives it a chance to be top priority to keep it from just sitting there since there's so many short cooldown things going on in her rotation.

I have the Roiling Blood talent so I use Blood Boil to spread diseases instead of Pestilence, but nothing else really effects anything.

Code:
    /castsequence [nochanneling] [@party1target, exists][] reset=combat/alt Icy Touch, Plague Strike, Blood Boil, null
    I've gone back and forth between using this as it's own macro and as a duplicated sequence and I think using duplicated sequences is more reliable. It seems like there's still a chance for Blizzard's servers to prefer /cast over /castsequence, so I think my runes were often being eaten by Scourge Strike and Festering Strike even though they were lower priority, making it difficult to get my Blood Fever from Plague Strike up reliably.

Code:
    /cast [nochanneling] Dark Transformation
    Code:
    /castsequence [nochanneling] [@party1target, exists][] reset=combat/alt Icy Touch, Plague Strike, Blood Boil, null
    /cast [nochanneling] [@party1target, exists][] Festering Strike()
    Code:
    /cast [nochanneling] [@party1target, exists][] Scourge Strike()
    Code:
    /cast [nochanneling][@party1target, exists][] Soul Reaper

I use a ratio of 5 Festering : 2 Scourge to keep my diseases going fairly reliably. It's not perfect, but that's what the Alt reset on the castsequence is for. Once I hit 87 and get Soul Reaper, I'll change the ratio to 5 Festering : 1 Scourge : 1 Soul Reaper.

Code:
    /cast [nopet, nomounted, nochanneling] Raise Dead
    /castsequence [nochanneling] Horn of Winter, Blood Boil
    Code:
    /cast [nochanneling] [@party1target, exists][] Death Coil

Again, no talents that really matter except for Sacred Shield. None of my glyphs effect my macros.

Code:
    /castsequence reset=5 Judgment, Crusader Strike, Judgment, Inquisition, Templar's Verdict, Templar's Verdict, Templar's Verdict
    This is designed to get my holy power up and Inquisition going. Once Inquisition is up, I should have time to chain at least 3 TVs before needing to pop Inq again.

Code:
    /cast Exorcism
    Code:
    /cast Hammer of Wrath
    Code:
    /cast Crusader Strike
    Code:
    /cast Judgment
    Code:
    /castsequence [@party1] reset=alt/4 Sacred Shield, null
    /cast Templar's Verdict

Code:
    /cast [@party1target]  Holy Prism
    The extra Templar's Verdict here is a dump for excess holy power or Divine Purpose procs. My ratio for the random cast is 1 Sacred Shield : 4 "blanks".
    Last edited by Khatovar : 01-07-2013 at 11:52 PM
    Blog : Herding Khats
    Team : Kina - Çroaker - Messkit - Lìfetaker - Wìdowmaker
    Newbie Guides : Multiboxing Vol. 1 - Multiboxing Vol. 2 - HotKeyNet - Jamba
    The Almighty Lax made a liar out of me, apparently I DO get prizes for it.
    *Commences Wielding the Banhammer like there's piñatas up in here and I'm Lady Thor*

_ Forum search letting you down? Use the custom Google search _

Thanks, my paladin's been slacking in my mixed group - this will save me some time

While I default my spam to use WoG as an attack, I still want to be able to heal myself with WoG, so I have a mouseover region over my Jamba Proc alert for whenever I get Divine Purpose. That gives me the option to heal myself for "free" or let it roll for SotR. I also have a separate key in case I need to manually use it."
    Using this does not interfere with your TV? It uses holy power, would i not just spam this at 1 or two HPs and skip TV?
    Last edited by Khatovar : 11-03-2012 at 08:16 AM
    Currently 5 Boxing 5 Protection Paladins on Whisperwind Alliance
    The Power of Five!!! ( short video )

Quote Originally Posted by Lyonheart View Post
    While I default my spam to use WoG as an attack, I still want to be able to heal myself with WoG, so I have a mouseover region over my Jamba Proc alert for whenever I get Divine Purpose. That gives me the option to heal myself for "free" or let it roll for SotR. I also have a separate key in case I need to manually use it."
    Using this does not interfere with your TV? It uses holy power, would i not just spam this at 1 or two HPs and skip TV?
    My tank doesn't have TV, that's a Ret ability and my Ret doesn't use WoG or have Harsh Words. But Holy Power isn't eaten because my WoG on the tank and Sacred Shield on the Ret use 4 "blank" casts randomized with a single actual cast using DoRandomToggle. This combined with the nulled castsequence means there is only a very slight chance for Holy power to be used on WoG {or in the case of my Ret, a GCD to be used for Sacred Shield}.
    *Commences Wielding the Banhammer like there's piñatas up in here and I'm Lady Thor*

I meant that is used the HP ability.. in this case SotR hehe.. but i see how yo you're using it now..thx!
    Currently 5 Boxing 5 Protection Paladins on Whisperwind Alliance
    The Power of Five!!! ( short video )

Heya.
    I'm totally new to this multi-boxing business and even forum posting (lol).
    I been reading all over the place and got a lot of basics down but I was curious on two things.

1. For the DoRandomToggle setup that Khat mentioned on this thread, how does one do this in ISBoxer?

2. And for the Mosq2 method, there are a lot of references to this method. But it all links to an old page with a video that does not work.

From reading everything, am I safe to assume that one simply put macros in say hot keys 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 - then sets up a mapped key in ISBoxer steps: 1: Actions: 1->all, 2->all, 3->all, 4->all, 5->all, 6->all. And then they just mash that key?

Sorry for the clueless questions, I was simply confused on both. Figured I'd put it in this thread since it was the one that mentions "DoRandomToggle". Sorry if it's in the wrong thread.

Thank you in advanced for your replies!

ISBoxer users would probably opt for using a blank action in the second step of a keymap with a "Do Not Advance" setting, but I'd suggest starting a new thread on the topic in the Software forum and linking to the Randomized Casting in HKN thread. Your question is more about setup than the macros and there's not usually a lot of traffic to my HKN-setup threads by ISBoxer users.

Hey Khat,

How much DPS does your protection paladin setup do?

I did some testing tonight on my Level 90 PvP geared protection paladin.

He was doing a low of ~18k DPS while my rets were doing 41k DPS.

What do you get?

I would have to go test. I don't ever bother with DPS meters because I only care that it dies before I do.

Ok, after some time with Recount tonight I would have to say you're getting those numbers off a training dummy, because my disparity isn't that big unless I'm on a dummy and thus not getting any Vengeance on my paladin.

My Tank's average in mediocre gear is about 25k with a peak of 41k on a nice easy tank and spank and all cooldowns. My Ret sits around 34k and peaks at 52k.

Gekkan Fight

Overall DPS for Mogu'shan Palace

At the training dummy, popping cooldowns, even my healer was out-DPSing my tank, and she wasn't even using her DPS macros. {only casting FS and Lava Burst, no Lightning Bolts}.

DPS on dummies