Close
Showing results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Scarlet Halls

Default Scarlet Halls

I don't see a thread for this dungeon, so I'm making this - if there is a thread that I missed, then this can surely be deleted.

I'm leveling my new team (5x druids) and have been doing all dungeons in Moonkin form. My team has Glyph of the Moonbeast allowing me to heal without leaving Moonkin form, and rejuvenate has been more than sufficient for healing through everything so far. No need for a tank for any boss fight so far, though I did just hit 30 and grabbed dual spec for everyone just in case. Basically I just light up my target(s) with moon/sunfire and burn them down. For AoE fights I shift to cat form and spam swipe if they're little targets, or cycle through the targets to apply my DoTs to each and then burn them down individually.

Anyway, in the halls, there are 4 bosses, and here's how I beat them with my at-level team (no boosting):

First boss (archer in a courtyard): In moonkin form for everyone, I grab a shield on my main and slowly walk towards the boss and archers while my followers all keep rejuvenates up on themselves and my leader. The fire arrows aren't fast enough to overcome rejuvenates, especially if you stack them on each character. When I get to the end of the courtyard and the boss & followers attack, I make sure I'm not standing in fire, shift to cat form and swipe until the archers are dead, then shift to boomkin form and burn down the boss. I imagine a similar strategy can work for most other teams. You can also, when approaching the boss, run kind of off to the side of the courtyard and heal up, though that doesn't always seem to work and depending on your health you may have some dead characters before that can be done. I would think you could also have 3 members of your team grab targets and move forward, though I don't know how effective that would be.

Second boss (houndmaster in a courtyard): He repeatedly calls dogs in to fight - I ignored them and instead just healed through and burnt down the boss. It was a close fight since I underestimated the amount of healing I might need, but I managed to kill him without losing anyone or wiping.

Third boss (armsmaster in the old Herod room): He was totally trivial. 16k HP, and I burnt him down fast. He summons adds and I just ignored them to focus on him.

Not a boss: after the armsmaster you will run across a pack of mobs that includes a Scarlet Scholar and several Scarlet Pupils. Burn down the scholar first or he throws up a field that will pretty much kill you and make your damage irrelevant. Also, some of the mobs at this part of the dungeon drop piles of coins when they die - pick those up for about a gold per pile.

Fourth and final boss (caster, loves flame): This guy has 50k health, which is a lot more than any of the previous bosses. He does a few gimmicks that can easily be avoided. First gimmick is fire breath - he ports to the middle of the room and starts slowly spinning around and breathing flame. Stay out of the flame or your team will catch fire and run around. Second gimmick is an interruptable firebolt volley. Third gimmick is he will pick a book somewhere in his room and make it explode. Stay away from that and just burn him down.

I really like the new design - it isn't totally brain-dead and was a nice little challenge to figure out how to box through. I will say, 5x boomkin is a ridiculous team composition in a very good way - not much buff versatility, but so far extremely nice.

For the second part - the Scarlet Monastery:

First boss (undead guy - summons adds, throws out ground effects): I just focused on burning him down and moving away from the void zones he would create under my characters. Be careful not to pull adds, or to clear them out before taking him on, but he's very easy.

Second boss (monk - kicks with AoE flame etc.): Again, I focused on burning him down and moving my team away when he started spewing flames. He was a bit tricky to heal through, but ultimately not very hard.

Third and final boss (Whitemane and Morgraine): More or less the same fight that they were before the revamp, with a few extra moves. I burnt down phase 1 very, very quickly, and then in phase 2 I was slept and they resurrected as usual, and from there it was more or less just burn down the caster and heal through everything. I stealthed into the boss fight, which means I didn't have to fight any of the trash in the cathedral, so I'm not sure how that might play out for a different group composition. I know that she can cast a resurrect on ALL the dead scarlet types within 100 yards of her (but it's interruptable) so that might be necessary to take into consideration for this fight. I don't have an interrupt on this team since we're all boomkin and nothing has yet become available, but I didn't need it since the only dead ones in the area were the bosses
    Last edited by kate : 09-20-2012 at 11:31 AM

(wave) Long time lurker/boxer.

Just did Scarlet Halls with my mixed ranged team (warrior, warlock, shadow priest, mage and holy paladin). I agree it's a refreshing ramp up in difficulty...I managed to complete it, but I think I wiped 4x on first boss and once on the second. Strangely, the third boss was the easiest.

Your advice here helped, as I kept wiping on the first boss but this was fixed by cycling renew on all characters and burning down the non-elites first. Good call, and thanks!

I'm struggling terribly with the first boss on my 5 pally team(1 Holy 1 prot 3 ret). whether I grab the shield with one char or three we still get wiped quickly without any decent HoTs at my disposal. Anyone have any tips? I've tried moving to the sides to heal but after one heal the rets are OOM and I wipe anyway

Quote Originally Posted by omgwtfmoo? View Post
    I'm struggling terribly with the first boss on my 5 pally team(1 Holy 1 prot 3 ret). whether I grab the shield with one char or three we still get wiped quickly without any decent HoTs at my disposal. Anyone have any tips? I've tried moving to the sides to heal but after one heal the rets are OOM and I wipe anyway
    The way i do it is to walk my tank forward alone to the right with a shield,and my slaves a long way behind on the left side without anyone using the shield.
    This way my slaves are standing still enough to make healing easy,and they are far enough behind to not get the healer instantly pwnd when the tank gets stunned as he reaches the archers.
    I suppose it would be even easier if i would just use one of the dps to walk forward alone with the shield and eat the stun at the end,but the way i do it works fine for my teams.

Default Scarlet Monastery

This is probably a silly question, seen as I didn't see the answer anywhere, but...

I'm RAFing some 5 man teams and am not having much problem with any level appropriate dungeon with the exception of SM. That damn archer part destroys me every time.

I tried a couple times and then just skipped SM on 2 teams, on my 3rd team I tried a lot harder and a lot more ways of splitting my slaves, leaving them behind, etc. but couldn't get through.

Any hints for when I get there on my next team?

Appreciate it.
    ~Olz
    <Aperture Science Academy> ~ Khaz'goroth (US/Oceanic)
    6x 5 Man Dungeon Teams (2 at 90, 4 at 85)

Diablo 3 - Dual Boxing:
    2x Wizards, 2x Witch Doctors

Check out my YouTube channel for some 'boxing vids!
    http://youtube.com/user/theOlz83

We already have a thread for non-heroic Scarlet.

Merged. Please keep discussions on dungeons within their current threads.
    Blog : Herding Khats
    Team : Kina - Çroaker - Messkit - Lìfetaker - Wìdowmaker
    Newbie Guides : Multiboxing Vol. 1 - Multiboxing Vol. 2 - HotKeyNet - Jamba
    The Almighty Lax made a liar out of me, apparently I DO get prizes for it.
    *Commences Wielding the Banhammer like there's piñatas up in here and I'm Lady Thor*

_ Forum search letting you down? Use the custom Google search _

Thanks Khatovar, I mustn't have searched far enough back, I thought there was only Heroic.

Cheers.
    <Aperture Science Academy> ~ Khaz'goroth (US/Oceanic)
    6x 5 Man Dungeon Teams (2 at 90, 4 at 85)

Diablo 3 - Dual Boxing:
    2x Wizards, 2x Witch Doctors

Check out my YouTube channel for some 'boxing vids!
    http://youtube.com/user/theOlz83

Quote Originally Posted by TheOlz View Post
    This is probably a silly question, seen as I didn't see the answer anywhere, but...

I'm RAFing some 5 man teams and am not having much problem with any level appropriate dungeon with the exception of SM. That damn archer part destroys me every time.

I tried a couple times and then just skipped SM on 2 teams, on my 3rd team I tried a lot harder and a lot more ways of splitting my slaves, leaving them behind, etc. but couldn't get through.

Any hints for when I get there on my next team?

Appreciate it.
    ~Olz
    This is very old, but the trick is: the archers shoot that fire in front of you. So you just go slow, stop when they are about to fire, let them set the fire in front of you, strafe over, and then move forward more, avoiding the fire almost entirely. There are, I think, 3 of those fire spots that they create, and they are all avoidable. I just did this on my 5x prot paladin team, and had no problems.

It's been a while since I visited this dungeon, but I faintly remember that if you manage to damage the boss from the range, then the arrows stop. I believe a mage could approach the boss, and when they start shooting, blink towards them, throw supernova/barrage on the boss, and then run back to rest of your team and let the tank do what the tanks do (=

I created some videos (with commentary) a few years ago to show how to easily tackle these dungeons. I've posted them in other threads before, but I'm going to share them here again since this topic was necro'd back to life.

Do not send me a PM if what you want to talk about isn't absolutely private.
    Ask your questions on the forum where others can also benefit from the information.

Author of the almost unknown and heavily neglected blog: Multiboxology