Close
Showing results 1 to 3 of 3

Default Synchronizing Addon Settings across multiple wow accounts

Hi

I know this has been discussed quite a bit especially with reference in creating junctions in the WTF directory. I have done that and has successfully link the different wow accounts to one directory.

I run a few instances of wow.exe from just 1 installation.

However, it seems that I have this problem: it seems that the wow client pre-cache information such as addon settings and macros when you login. The issue comes in when I have a few clients running.

For example, I load up 5 clients and make some adjustments to client 4 and 5's macro during game play. When I exit, my changes does not get saved because for example I exit client 1 last, the pre-cache copy of the settings (the one that does not contain the final changes) gets written into the WTF folder.

Currently the way out for me is that I have to login one character at a time, and make the changes and logout so that the changes gets recorded. If I open more than 2 clients, the changes get screw up.

Are you using one wow folder or several? Is it actually logging out your character, or is it crashing during log out. If it crashes or hangs on log out no changes to your WTF folder will be recorded on the one that hung. I had that issue happen often on on or more of my instances before I upgraded my computer.

Hi,

I have just 1 WoW account folder. I junction the WTF folders as describe here http://stormspire.net/addons-ui-cust...-accounts.html.

I log out the clients individually. I did some test which arrived at my conclusion.

You mean you do not have this issue now? I am interested to find out if there is anything I did wrong.

Update: my bad, my situation is actually describe in the post. I never did read the full thread.
    Last edited by alastoire : 09-11-2012 at 01:25 PM