Close
Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

Default /castsequence macro help please

hey guys, tryin to get a macro for my pally to put sacred shield on the focus. Not hard i know but what i want is when i change focus for the macro to reset so its not continually casting sacred shield on the focus.

here is what i have so far, any ideas would b great.
    #showtooltip
    /castsequence [@focus,exists] reset=focustarget sacred shield, null (doesnt work but thats what im looking for)

i want the reset to occur when my focus target is changed. any ideas on how to do this? on my druids i run reset=target because when i click on a toon to heal it does
    /focus [target=mouseover]
    /target [target=mouseover]
    which is perfect to start the reset but this is on my main dps toon that i run the group from so i dont want it changing targets so when i click it only does /focus [target=mouseover] so it doesnt change my current target that i am DPSing on.

thanks
    DARKSPEAR Alliance <Legíon of Boom>
    30 BOX DEATH DEALER. Win:Win

I don't really understand what you're trying to explain.

You want a macro that prevents SS from being spammed, I get that. You want the macro to reset when you change focus. I also get that.

What I'm trying to understand is, why?

I'm guessing you're trying to throw Sacred Shield up on any toon that you're healing? If that's the case, then why use focus? You could simply send Sacred Shield like you would any healing spell.

If you're swapping toons that you lead from and thus need to swap the focus for everything, then why not use a modifier to reset the macro so that the modifier reset gets triggered every time you swap windows. And if that's the case, then your macro isn't going to be terribly useful since it's only going to trigger SS once until you change focus.
    Blog : Herding Khats
    Team : Kina - Çroaker - Messkit - Lìfetaker - Wìdowmaker
    Newbie Guides : Multiboxing Vol. 1 - Multiboxing Vol. 2 - HotKeyNet - Jamba
    The Almighty Lax made a liar out of me, apparently I DO get prizes for it.
    *Commences Wielding the Banhammer like there's piñatas up in here and I'm Lady Thor*

_ Forum search letting you down? Use the custom Google search _

This is the list from WoW wiki.

Reset Conditions

When using more than one condition "/" should be used between the functions.
    <number> - The number of seconds since the last click
    target - You changed target
    combat - You entered or exited combat
    alt - Alt was pressed (does not work 4.0)
    shift - Shift was pressed (does not work 4.0)
    ctrl - Ctrl was pressed (does not work 4.0)
    It does not list focustarget as a possible reset condition.

Quote Originally Posted by Invisahealz View Post
    #showtooltip
    /castsequence [@focus,exists] reset=focus sacred shield, null
    Cant check since I'm at work, but would the above not work?

Since you want to reset on your focus change, not your focuses target change. focustarget would be the target of your focused target.

Alliance-Aman'thul

Quote Originally Posted by JohnGabriel View Post
    It does not list focustarget as a possible reset condition.
    They already know that. They're asking for a valid way to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by confusedtx5 View Post
    Cant check since I'm at work, but would the above not work?

Since you want to reset on your focus change, not your focuses target change. focustarget would be the target of your focused target.
    Focus is not a valid reset conditional. The only valid conditionals for resetting a macro are target change, idle time, modifiers, combat.

http://www.wowpedia.org/Castsequence
    *Commences Wielding the Banhammer like there's piñatas up in here and I'm Lady Thor*

gonna have to try the modifiers tomorrow even tho says not valid since 4.x.

the reason why is because i heal with focus macro. so when i click on the grid it sends the click to my 5 resto druids and disc priest setting that target as their focus. Once the focus is set they proceed to heal that target. So just by using a 2 step and when im spamming to dps as soon as a focus is actually set then they start going through their heal rotation. works amazingly. I want my pally (who is dps) to throw sacred shield on the target that im healing, even though its probably overkill the more i can do the better. So when my pally gets a focus set, the macro will put sacred shield on that toon im healing, simple as that.
    the timed reset doesnt work because i spam the keys very fast, if i put for example one second then it will constantly put up sacred shield instead of dpsing fully.
    its a great system now that i have my melee team up, running 4dk, 4 enh sham, prot pally, disc priest and 5 resto druids. pretty much unstoppable so far, and all on one button press i can do it all.

shamans were biggest pain to set up, as it goes through dps rotation it also round robbins heal totems (healing lowest target for close to 80-150k every 30 seconds), capacitor totem round robin (every 8 seconds, so every melee gets stunned every 10 seconds), searing totem (set on castsequence to when i reset target), and snare totem 2x, every 20 seconds leaving only 10 seconds where melee are not snared/rooted.

im just looking for ways to improve my team by throwing sacred shield on the target haha.
    really wont help much because on druids when unfocused does wild growth healing lowest 5 targets every few seconds, and when focused it pops the lil trees to help heal, rejuv, swiftmend, 3x lifebloom, and the new spell that puts seed on target healing every time take damage. On top of that my priest on focus puts shield on focus, then same as the seed healz when damaged, and starts prayer of whatever that healz all of my characters.
    unless something can hit me for 160k+ in one hit then my guys dont ever go down lol.
    DARKSPEAR Alliance <Legíon of Boom>
    30 BOX DEATH DEALER. Win:Win

Then using a nulled sequence won't work anyway. It'll only drop one Sacred Shield and lock up until you change your focus.

Personally, I'd suggest using the priority setup and putting Sacred Shield down at the very bottom of your list. My Ret uses Selfless Healer ATM, but it's the same idea.

http://www.dual-boxing.com/threads/4...osg2-Manifesto
    http://www.dual-boxing.com/threads/3...to-Version-2-0
    http://www.dual-boxing.com/threads/3...n-DK-Manifesto

Macro 1

Code:
    /castsequence [@party1target][@target] reset=5 Inquisition, Templar's Verdict, Templar's Verdict, Templar's Verdict
    /cast Templar's Verdict
    Macro 2
    Code:
    /cast Exorcism
    Macro3
    Code:
    /cast Hammer of Wrath
    Macro 4
    Code:
    /cast Crusader Strike
    Macro 5
    Code:
    /cast Judgment
    Macro 6
    Code:
    /castsequence [@party1] Flash of Light, Judgment
    Of course, you'd change Flash of Light to Sacred Shield and @party1 to @focus. The extra Judgment in the sequence forces at least a small delay so it's not spamming FoL, you can add another Judgment it it's still spamming too much or some other spell that's not in the priority, like Rebuke to force a temporary cooldown, but it will give your other spells a chance to come off cooldown and cast instead of Sacred Shield.

Do you need the focused target stays at the main all the time? If not - set focus, cast, clear and forget

/cast [@focus] Sacred Shield
    /clearfocus

Not sure if this is what you need?