Close
Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

Default Frost DK 2H or DW PVP MoP

Im currently undecided about DW or 2H for my Frost DK's and would like some advice on what people think would be the best for Arena/ BG's. My team is 3x F DK / 2x F DK + 1 H Pally.

As i see it this choice changes;
    a) your play style
    b) Stat priority
    c) Rotation / priority system.

It looks like 2H will primarily use NS and Obliterate and DW will spam HB and Frost Strike.

My Concerns are;

1) NS seems pretty useless on DW as it only hits with one weapon.
    2) Obliterate was not very effective vs non-clothies (is this changed in MoP?)

Finally, im leaning toward Masterfrost for DW and Hastefrost for 2H. Would this be accurate?

Any sugguestions/ advice?

Thanks.

Erron

Imo dk's in arena will switch weapons during combat. Having a pressure rotation and a burst rotation and actively swapping weapons could be a way to go.
    Everything that is fun in life is either bad for your health, immoral or illegal!

Quote Originally Posted by zenga View Post
    Imo dk's in arena will switch weapons during combat. Having a pressure rotation and a burst rotation and actively swapping weapons could be a way to go.
    Weapon swapping to make oblit hit harder and swapping weapons to make frost strike hit harder makes sense now that 2h doesn't get runic generation.

Oblit will still hit as hard as 2 howling blasts and 2 plague strikes and only take 2 globals. Its worth it vs everyone, it seems to crit for like 90k on plate and up to 120k on clothies in MoP from the videos I've seen.

I'm releasing a guide to playing dks in MoP sometime soon so I'll have all the information in that.
    Last edited by Shodokan : 09-07-2012 at 08:44 AM
    The Internet: We Know Drama
    If you're gona screw with my sig at least leave the thing bolded :P

Quote Originally Posted by zenga View Post

You don't get the bonuses for 30 seconds after switching weapons from MotFW and ToT.

Quote Originally Posted by Fat Tire View Post
    You don't get the bonuses for 30 seconds after switching weapons from MotFW and ToT.
    Aww... weapon dancing would have been fun.

I will be very interested to see that. Thansk for the heads up.

So at this stage would you say that still; DW better for BG;s and 2H better for arenas? With 2H also the better all rounder?

Thansk.

Quote Originally Posted by erroneousx View Post
    I will be very interested to see that. Thansk for the heads up.

So at this stage would you say that still; DW better for BG;s and 2H better for arenas? With 2H also the better all rounder?

Thansk.
    2h is better overall since your main damage sources require weapon damage, and necrotic strike (which with blood tap is usable often enough) is only your MH weapon for dual-wield.