Close
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 58

Default Want to get better in arena? Ask questions here.

Theres no limit to what you can ask but please understand if i don't have a super awesome answer for it. Please keep this civil as i'm just trying to help here.

Keeping this simple and open ended.

I will not answer software related questions though.
    The Internet: We Know Drama
    If you're gona screw with my sig at least leave the thing bolded :P

One question that i think many would like to discuss is the target prioritizing when playing 4dk+1healer.

I find myself losing sometimes to what i think is, picking the wrong target. I manly open on lock/druid if it exists one, try to DG the lock before he gets a portal up, in that case he have a high chanse of dying. Pritty much alwats swap to warriors that reckstorming cause they go down like shit.

Thoughts/experience?
    <Autobots Roll Out>
    Outland EU Alliance Multiboxing Guild

Glows Movies @ WCM
    Movie account stats: ~300 000 views - 4.69/5 rating

I have found that videos help more than anything else. I myself have learned so much from videos and then putting it into action than anything I have tried. Granted none of those videos were mutiboxing videos, but they translated pretty easily.

I am not talking about the ton of chessy "highlight" videos out there. I am talking about videos that show what the player is thinking and tactics involved. More specific I am talking about pvp players who stream, and record their streams for others that can be watched at anytime. You get to see all the wins as well as all of the losses.

I admit I have copied their UIs, tatics and strats and sometimes their live streams can be entertaining. They are my secret to my ratings,pvp success and also my paid carries.
    Last edited by Fat Tire : 01-15-2012 at 11:37 AM

You said you did 2 DKs + 1 ret. What tacs are you using here? How do you counter RMP? RLS? FMP? TSG? Are you going for the healer @ the start? Or do you start on a DPS to force defensive CDs from the healer, then switch quick and gib him?

EDIT: found my answer
    Last edited by turbo92 : 01-15-2012 at 07:56 PM

Do you use Death Coil?
    Do you play aggressive or defensive?
    Do you change you tactics from beginning of match to the end of the match?
    Does your healer worry about anything other than you staying alive? i.e. interrupts
    What do you do when you play the same team over and over again?
    What is your most important/used spell?

Thank you for your help. Your awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Emo? View Post
    One question that i think many would like to discuss is the target prioritizing when playing 4dk+1healer.

I find myself losing sometimes to what i think is, picking the wrong target. I manly open on lock/druid if it exists one, try to DG the lock before he gets a portal up, in that case he have a high chanse of dying. Pritty much alwats swap to warriors that reckstorming cause they go down like shit.

Thoughts/experience?
    It REALLY depends on comp.

For me the following normally holds true.

Kill a healer if its shaman/priest healer. Kill a reck'd warrior. Sit on DK after it blows AMS since it's defensive cooldowns are crap. Chain silences on one healer while you kill the other. Firemages need to die... like ASAP. Other than that clothies are my primary targets or boomkins. Silences never go into holy paladins due to bubble + trinket + aura mastery.

Quote Originally Posted by Fat Tire View Post
    I have found that videos help more than anything else. I myself have learned so much from videos and then putting it into action than anything I have tried. Granted none of those videos were mutiboxing videos, but they translated pretty easily.

I am not talking about the ton of chessy "highlight" videos out there. I am talking about videos that show what the player is thinking and tactics involved. More specific I am talking about pvp players who stream, and record their streams for others that can be watched at anytime. You get to see all the wins as well as all of the losses.

I admit I have copied their UIs, tatics and strats and sometimes their live streams can be entertaining. They are my secret to my ratings,pvp success and also my paid carries.
    I do stream 3's sometimes but i hate streaming 5's. My FPS drops too much unless i KILL my video settings. I will be streaming my 3's i am going to run with my shaman i think.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikita View Post
    You said you did 2 DKs + 1 ret. What tacs are you using here? How do you counter RMP? RLS? FMP? TSG? Are you going for the healer @ the start? Or do you start on a DPS to force defensive CDs from the healer, then switch quick and gib him?
    RMP: Paladin sits on mage, dks kill priest
    RLS: Swap between shaman and lock or just kill shaman
    FMP: AMS for when going for a kill otherwise tunnel the priest
    TSG: CC paladin and sit DK unless warrior recks... you can also try and global the paladin when he pops out from behind a corner with all your burst.

Its a mixture of what you talk about.

The most important thing vs shaman teams is knowing to kill spirit link as soon as it is dropped. This cannot be done through macros anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydwayz View Post
    Do you use Death Coil?
    Do you play aggressive or defensive?
    Do you change you tactics from beginning of match to the end of the match?
    Does your healer worry about anything other than you staying alive? i.e. interrupts
    What do you do when you play the same team over and over again?
    What is your most important/used spell?

Thank you for your help. Your awesome.
    Not normally, it hits for significantly less than frost strike
    Never defensive.
    Yes, i change tatics a lot depending on how they react, what they are doing for CC etc.
    No they do not
    I stop queuing if i get a team more than 5 times within 20 mins above 1900 unless i'm farming them so bad it isn't even funny.
    Frost strike, howling blast, strangulate correctly.
    Last edited by Shodokan : 01-15-2012 at 11:56 PM
    The Internet: We Know Drama
    If you're gona screw with my sig at least leave the thing bolded :P

How can you effectively kill spirit link totem? With everything going on, I can't find the damn thing.

I really with there was a "KILL THE TOTEM NOW" mod that painted a giant RED CROSS over it so I can easily select and destroy it.

Also, do you use Dark Simulacrum? If so, how do you use it?

Quote Originally Posted by Shodokan View Post
    I do stream 3's sometimes but i hate streaming 5's. My FPS drops too much unless i KILL my video settings. I will be streaming my 3's i am going to run with my shaman i think.
    I think my point was missed. No worries.