Close
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 21

Default Mosg2 manifesto help with DK Macros

In recent threads I have been seeing this referenced. A search did not turn anything up more recent than 2010. Can someone give me the link to this or explain the idea behind it. A lot of the boxers here seem to swear by it but I am not sure what it is refering too.

I am currently doing this with my Blood Tank DK and was looking to see if it can be better or if I am missing something. Right now in HOTs/Raids I pull about 21k DPS on AOE and about 17k DPS on single target I am Ilevel 388. I basically mash my AOE or Single target and when I see enough rune power I spam my runic dump button. I have Blood Boil on a seperate button for when I get procs and

AOE
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /castsequence reset=combat Icy Touch, Plague Strike, Blood Boil,Heart Strike,Death Strike,Death Strike, Heart Strike, Heart Strike,  Heart Strike, Heart Strike,
    Runic Dump/Spam Button
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast Rune Strike
    /cast Bone Shield
    /cast Anti-Magic Shell
    Oh Shit
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /castsequence reset=60 Vampiric Blood, Raise Dead, Death Pact, Icebound Fortitude,
    Single
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /castsequence reset=combat Icy Touch, Plague Strike, Heart Strike,Heart Strike,Death Strike,Death Strike, Heart Strike, Heart Strike,  Heart Strike, Heart Strike,

Very {very very very} basically, most if not all classes run on a priority system. This means if all of your spells are available, SpellA is your best choice, followed by SpellB, etc. The higher on the list, the more important it is.

What Mosq2 uses with the manifesto is the concept that

1. The game will not allow more than one action to process no matter how many keys we send at the same time
    2. a castsequence will never account for everything when dealing with a priority-based class.

What we do instead is build around our priority system. Simply put, you lay out your spells in your prioritized order in game. For example, my Enhancement shaman's priority would be -

Lay down totems {Searing} > Unleash Elements > Instant Lighting Bolt > Flame Shock if it's not up > Stormstrike > Lava Lash > Earth Shock.

So, on my bars I have, in order, a castsequence for each of my totems {1}, Unleash Elements {2}, a castsequence for Flame Shock 4*Earth Shock {3}, Stormstrike {4}, Lava Lash {5} and /stopcasting /cast Lightning Bolt {6}. Lightning Bolt is at the end so the stopcasting doesn't keep seizing up my white hits, so that's an exception to the rule.

Then, in my broadcasting software, I set up my DPS key to send 1-6 all at once every time I press it. The game receives all those keys at the same time, casts the first thing it can and ignores everything else.

Unlike a step system where each subsequent press sends a different key, a priority system sends a bunch of keys at the same time, just like if you'd mashed several keys at once on your keyboard. The game will only process the first available action and ignore everything else. It won't process anything else until the Global Cooldown ends and another keypress occurs.

So, straight broadcasting would be you press 2, 2 is what is sent to your games.

Steps would be you press 2, the first time it sends 2 to your games. The next time it sends 3. Third press sends 2 again.

Priority would be you press 2 and it sends 1, 2, 3, 4, to your game all at once and the game says "1 is - not ready = ignore, 2 is - ready = cast 2, ignore 3, ignore 4." This way you don't have to build miles-long castsequences that require a physics professor to time out and build.

It's kind of like using a spray and pray technique or a shotgun in a shooter game, doesn't really matter how many bullets miss, it's the one that does hit and kills the other guy that counts, lol.

I'm sure some of the more technical guys would have a better explanation, but like I said, this is the basic concept.
    Blog : Herding Khats
    Team : Kina - Çroaker - Messkit - Lìfetaker - Wìdowmaker
    Newbie Guides : Multiboxing Vol. 1 - Multiboxing Vol. 2 - HotKeyNet - Jamba
    The Almighty Lax made a liar out of me, apparently I DO get prizes for it.
    *Commences Wielding the Banhammer like there's piñatas up in here and I'm Lady Thor*

_ Forum search letting you down? Use the custom Google search _

Finding this useful, as I'm getting to the point in my teams progression where I need to do more than just park the team while the booster kills everything. Good stuff.

Ualaa's guide is also based on it.

http://www.dual-boxing.com/threads/3...ighlight=mosg2
    Earthen Ring - Horde - 7 boxing
    Cuddle Buddies - 4DK, 1 Holy Paladin, 1 Disc Priest, and 1 Resto Shaman | Armory 5v5 Cuddle Buddies
    ex Kilrogg - Horde

Team Acid Wuvablez - 4DK + 1 holy pally | Acidburning, Crashohvride, Acidloves, Acidhugs, & Acidcuddles | Armory 5v5 Love You Bye Bye
    ex Garona - Horde
    Team Acid Dessert - Quad Shaman | Acidcake, Acidfudge, Acidicecream, & Acidmoarprz
    Team Acid Hackers - DK + 3 Rets | Acidburning, Crashohvride, Ceralkillah, & Loardnikon

So Khat that is pretty awesome.
    So with a DK you want to get your diseases up and keep them up so you could do something like.

1. /castsequence reset=target Icy Touch, Plague Strike, Death Strike x 4 (gets diseases up, makes death runes etc)
    2. /castsequence reset=combat Blood Boil, Heart Strike x4 (burns up blood, pestilence for AOE, powerful strike etc)
    3. /cast Rune Strike (runic power dump)
    4. /cast 30 second cool downs AMS, Blood Rune etc etc

Keep my procs on manual buttons and fire them when quartz master tells me to.

So I have two other questions.
    1. Does someone have a blood/dk sequence I can look at or can you critique mine?
    2. How often do I push the key just spam it or like once a second?
    Thanks

My DK is Unholy but her setup is

Code:
    /assist party1
    /castsequence [nochanneling] [@party1target][@target] reset=combat/alt Icy Touch, Plague Strike, Pestilence, null
    /cast [nochanneling] Dark Transformation
    /petattack
    Code:
    /cast [nopet, nomounted, nochanneling] Raise Dead
    /castsequence [nochanneling] Horn of Winter, Blood Boil
    Code:
    /assist party1
    /cast [nochanneling] [@party1target] [] Death Coil

Code:
    /castsequence [nochanneling] [@party1target] [] reset=combat/alt Icy Touch, Plague Strike, Pestilence, null
    /cast [nochanneling] [@party1target] Scourge Strike()

Code:
    /castsequence [nochanneling] [@party1target] reset=combat/alt Icy Touch, Plague Strike, Pestilence, null
    /cast [nochanneling] [@party1target][@target] Festering Strike()

The first part is a castsequence that is nulled out on the end. This is repeated across all my macros. If you have the same castsequence across multiple macros, the game will automatically advance them all, no matter what macro they are called from. And the null is an invalid spell, so the sequence will lock up at the end, allowing the macro to advance to whatever is below it. Though I will have to double check that again because I'm not trusting that a macro I made yesterday is still going to work today, lol. <3 major patches.

Anyway, I make use of the nulled sequence to put up and spread my diseases, without having to figure out how long my average fight is and how much crap I have to put in a macro to keep it from spamming Icy Touch and Plague Strike. I used a reset conditional of combat or alt so it won't reset unless I really want it to.

Once diseases are up, it cycles through my regular DPS abilities.

I spam it just like a normal key, maybe 3 presses a second.
    *Commences Wielding the Banhammer like there's piñatas up in here and I'm Lady Thor*

So the reset=combat/alt changes for combat or if you press the Alt key?

Code:
    /cast [nopet, nomounted, nochanneling] Raise Dead
    /castsequence [nochanneling] Horn of Winter, Blood Boil
    Just one question on this and a comment.

First of all this is genius. It lets you fire your Blood Boil every 20 seconds refreshing diseases long before they would drop. So you don't waste two runes reapplying.

Do you have Raise Dead in there so it will raise your pet if it dies in combat?

Recently since I started using the "priority" system, i've been putting my macro's into ISBoxer and letting it deal with them, I know it leaves your button blank in game (could make an empty macro for an icon) but it seems to work better than putting them ingame, or maybe it's jst me, lol. It is actually a lot easier than i expected it to be. more than doubled my deepZ
    Magtheridon US <The Zerg>
    PvE Teams (A lot funner than i expected)

PVP-Farming teams

Quote Originally Posted by Phanes View Post
    So the reset=combat/alt changes for combat or if you press the Alt key?
    Yes, I have a key on my Naga set to send the Alt trigger if I need it, like a trash mob dies before I can spread diseases and I need to start the macro from the beginning. Otherwise it resets on its own once I leave combat.

Quote Originally Posted by Phanes View Post

Do you have Raise Dead in there so it will raise your pet if it dies in combat?
    Yup. I tend to send my pet off after patrols and sometimes it gets ganked before I can get in range to snatch agro, or it gets eaten in AOE, so I needed to be able to repop him often, since he's a large part of my DPS.

Quote Originally Posted by jstanthr View Post
    Recently since I started using the "priority" system, i've been putting my macro's into ISBoxer and letting it deal with them, I know it leaves your button blank in game (could make an empty macro for an icon) but it seems to work better than putting them ingame, or maybe it's jst me, lol. It is actually a lot easier than i expected it to be. more than doubled my deepZ
    I couldn't speak to that. I use HotKeyNet, so I still need to have the macros in game. But it did definitely improve my DPS and it's so much easier than trying to factor in haste and all the other factors that can dork up castsequences.