Close
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 41

Default boosting in the new SM?

I ran them both last night on my druid.

- Library/Armory combined. You have to grab a shield and walk slowly through the archers, it's just infinite knockbacks. When you hit hound guy, trust me you cannot get past that barricade of lvl 30 elites as a level 85 - they instagib you. Rest is as normal, run through, train entire group back and aoe down.

- Graveyard/cathedral combined. First room has infinitely spawning 31 elites. They don't drop loot but I wonder were they careless enough to make them give xp? If so it'll be hotfixed quick. Could be like the old ST glitch. I couldn't verify because I have no toons and I couldn't even pay someone in trade 500g to help me test it on an alt (people were that distracted). Anyone know? Could be a nice boosting spot to "take advantage of"

It's doubtful they'll let that slide for long. They've removed XP gains from all of the infinitely "summoned" adds in numerous instances.

I'm sure these instances are fun for playing at the correct level range, but we might need to look elsewhere for speed boosting.

Quote Originally Posted by MiRai View Post
    It's doubtful they'll let that slide for long. They've removed XP gains from all of the infinitely "summoned" adds in numerous instances.

I'm sure these instances are fun for playing at the correct level range, but we might need to look elsewhere for speed boosting.
    SM cath portion has just as many mobs as before which will be fine for boosting. Armory by comparison seems to have less overall since the instance was basically cut in half and merged with library... so maybe its net the same.

With them being on separate instance lockouts though it might be better to quest.
    The Internet: We Know Drama
    If you're gona screw with my sig at least leave the thing bolded :P

That sucks, 22-38 in sm was really fast the 3 times i've done it the last month, guess I'll be doing sfk, rfk and possibly WC to fill some of the gap. Uldaman on the high end is good xp, not really sure where else i'd go now.

Quote Originally Posted by roddo View Post
    That sucks, 22-38 in sm was really fast the 3 times i've done it the last month, guess I'll be doing sfk, rfk and possibly WC to fill some of the gap. Uldaman on the high end is good xp, not really sure where else i'd go now.
    quest since gathering quests are really fast.

Yea i'm doing questing on my 10 toons. It's really fast with RAF. And definitely faster than doing 5 at a time in instances.

I did 25-32 in about 40 mins in SM. Its still REALLY good, at least cath.

Quote Originally Posted by heyaz View Post
    I ran them both last night on my druid.

- Library/Armory combined. You have to grab a shield and walk slowly through the archers, it's just infinite knockbacks. When you hit hound guy, trust me you cannot get past that barricade of lvl 30 elites as a level 85 - they instagib you. Rest is as normal, run through, train entire group back and aoe down.

- Graveyard/cathedral combined. First room has infinitely spawning 31 elites. They don't drop loot but I wonder were they careless enough to make them give xp? If so it'll be hotfixed quick. Could be like the old ST glitch. I couldn't verify because I have no toons and I couldn't even pay someone in trade 500g to help me test it on an alt (people were that distracted). Anyone know? Could be a nice boosting spot to "take advantage of"
    I just tried this.. i can not get to the archers.. my whole team dies in seconds. I grab a target shield and it keeps you from being knocked back.. but there is no avoiding the fire and that's what kills me. Any tips?
    Currently 5 Boxing 5 Protection Paladins on Whisperwind Alliance
    The Power of Five!!! ( short video )

Quote Originally Posted by Lyonheart View Post
    I just tried this.. i can not get to the archers.. my whole team dies in seconds. I grab a target shield and it keeps you from being knocked back.. but there is no avoiding the fire and that's what kills me. Any tips?
    Are you boosting or are you playing it at the normal level?

Quote Originally Posted by MiRai View Post
    Are you boosting or are you playing it at the normal level?
    normal levels..RaFing teams, at level, through RDF

I looked at videos for it.. its not so bad solo, but its hard to get a stacked group through the fire. As a solo toon. you can dodge fire easy enough. The archers shoot at 3 random targets it looks like. so if stacked you get 3 fires in one spot.
    Last edited by Lyonheart : 09-03-2012 at 11:23 AM
    Currently 5 Boxing 5 Protection Paladins on Whisperwind Alliance
    The Power of Five!!! ( short video )