Close
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 30 of 41

Quote Originally Posted by Lyonheart View Post
    With RaF its not an a lot faster.. it is faster though. It depends on the person and how efficient they are at questing. BUT questing is much more rewarding in many ways. You learn how to play the class a bit. You get more money in the end and you level your guild 8)
    You'd have to be a pretty efficient quester to gain 1-1.5 levels in a <10 minutes which is what you get boosting with RAF.

How does boosting compare with 5 at level characters running the dungeon normally?

Quote Originally Posted by Multibocks View Post
    How does boosting compare with 5 at level characters running the dungeon normally?
    It doesn't compare. While you would get more exp per kill, it would take an hour to run each dungeon in LFG at normal level. By the time you get through SFK one time in LFR you're level raised from 15-16 but the booster is now level 40 running ZF.

Fastest way to level is still 4 slaves following a max level, geared out the ass booster. I've been boosting with an 83 dk and although its fast, its nowhere near as fast as what others are getting with 85's in purples. Still hell of a lot faster than questing or a 5 man group. If he had more aoe capabilities it might go faster, dps is my biggest issue atm.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnGabriel View Post
    It doesn't compare. While you would get more exp per kill, it would take an hour to run each dungeon in LFG at normal level. By the time you get through SFK one time in LFR you're level raised from 15-16 but the booster is now level 40 running ZF.
    I couldn't have said it any better myself.

Essentially boosting trumps all because of time investment.

Once you hit 15 you can be 23 in 1 hour from stockades runs.
    Another hour you are 35 from SM runs
    Another hour you are 45 from SM runs and a run or two of stratholme
    Another hour to hour and a half you are 58 doing LBRS runs
    Another hour you are 65 from ramparts and a few sethekk runs
    Another hour you are 70 from sethekk + UK
    Another hour you are 74 from nexus (2 runs) + DTK + 2 runs of Gundrak
    Another hour you are 78 from another gundrak run + AoA + 2-3 HoL runs
    Another 30 mins and you are 80

Total time: 12 hours from level 1 with BoAs

If you quest... You can see that it takes you 2 hours to do 1-15 or so. After that your travel time increases due to quest hubs being everywhere and doesn't actually get any faster till flying in outland.

You can have 15-20 mins or more of every hour be travel time between quest npcs, quests and the next zone due to raf exp requiring you to move zones very rapidly.
    The Internet: We Know Drama
    If you're gona screw with my sig at least leave the thing bolded :P

Quote Originally Posted by roddo View Post
    Fastest way to level is still 4 slaves following a max level, geared out the ass booster. I've been boosting with an 83 dk and although its fast, its nowhere near as fast as what others are getting with 85's in purples. Still hell of a lot faster than questing or a 5 man group. If he had more aoe capabilities it might go faster, dps is my biggest issue atm.
    Druid feral/guardian is pretty fast and my favorite by far. Sprint, stampeding roar, skull bash, and wild charge get you all over an instance pretty fast and you can ranged pull with faerie fire. You have pretty much unlimited high output aoe with berzerk+swipe in cat form, when the instances get higher level (60s, 70s) you can switch to bear if needed and thrash/swipe. Since 5.0.4 you can now break roots without using your sprints, which helps in places like BRD with those damn nets.

Mage aoe output is also high and unlimited but it's harder to tank really large pulls being in cloth.

DK as frost has good aoe and ranged pull, but there are cooldowns and no way to switch to tank if necessary. Blood DK can tank anything but aoe dps is lower. There's also no way to speed up travel time in the instance due to no charge/sprint and no way to break roots.

Warrior has good mobility with charge and heroic leap and such, and tank spec can put out good aoe damage, but you can't sprint.

Paladin was my favorite before I tried druid. May still be good with mass exorcism and such but overall I don't think they have constant high damage aoe like a mage or druid.

Rogue/hunter/warlock I don't know.

Shaman suck.
    Last edited by heyaz : 09-07-2012 at 11:24 AM

Quote Originally Posted by Shodokan View Post
    Essentially boosting trumps all because of time investment.
    Once you hit 15 you can be 23 in 1 hour from stockades runs.
    For Horde I believe SFK is stille the alternative to Stockades. Level 12 (or 13?) required to enter and you can get to 22 or 23 in an hour or so. You will have to log off for the instance lockout, or switch to another team with another booster.

Quote Originally Posted by heyaz View Post
    For Horde I believe SFK is stille the alternative to Stockades. Level 12 (or 13?) required to enter and you can get to 22 or 23 in an hour or so. You will have to log off for the instance lockout, or switch to another team with another booster.
    Instance lockout is account wide so you can't do this.

Quote Originally Posted by thefunk View Post
    Instance lockout is account wide so you can't do this.
    I didn't say switch to another team and booster on the same account
    I'm fully aware of how the instance lockout works, I've done my share of instance runs, boosting or otherwise.