Close
Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 155

Hybrid View

Thumbs up [Addon] Jamba - An assistant for multiboxers. Patch 5.0.4 Beta Testing. BETA #3 released.

Jamba needs you again! Time to test it for patch 5.0.4. If you have one or more accounts in the MOP Beta, please feel free to give it a go. It should also work for the live patch coming in a few days.

I expect things to break. Please post in this thread when they do. Also, if you're getting an error with JAMBA, please make sure you can reproduce the issue when other addons are disabled. If the error only happens when JAMBA and <insert addon name> are enabled at the same time you need to provide that information.

Download location for beta for testing:

http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/jamba#t1:other-downloads

Get the latest beta version that says it's game version is 5.0.4.

At the moment, all the Jamba modules load without errors, but I have not had a chance to run around and test everything. I only have one Beta account so I can't test much!

The download is only from curse.com at the moment and its tagged as a beta, so it won't show up in the client unless you ask for Beta packages. You can direct download from the Other Downloads tab on the page as well as using the client.

http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/jamba

I'm only dual-boxing at the moment due to financial constraints, I'd love to five box again (and upgrade my computer!), so if you use Jamba a lot, please consider donating. The donate link can be found at http://wow.jafula.com/

Test plan and my progress can be found here (you'll need to sign up (free) to see the Trello board).

https://trello.com/board/jamba/5042d7856fc039ef1b37b44b

Cheers,
    Jafula.
    Last edited by Jafula : 09-13-2012 at 04:37 AM
    Jafula.
    Jamba - Jafula's Awesome Multi Boxer Assistant. An addon for YOU.

I just noticed you are from New Zealand! I'm donating just because you are a kiwi.

Ok... I do use Jamba, too

Quote Originally Posted by Multibocks View Post
    I just noticed you are from New Zealand! I'm donating just because you are a kiwi.

Ok... I do use Jamba, too
    Oh, you are a star, thanks so much!
    Last edited by Jafula : 09-13-2012 at 04:22 AM
    Jafula.

thank the lord.

Love you Jafula.
    The Internet: We Know Drama
    If you're gona screw with my sig at least leave the thing bolded :P

I'm donating cause I couldn't live without Jamba

Quote Originally Posted by daviddoran View Post
    I'm donating cause I couldn't live without Jamba
    Thank you very much!

Quote Originally Posted by Shodokan View Post
    thank the lord.

Love you Jafula.
    :-)
    Jafula.

Jafula: I'm donating cause I have used your wonderful addon since 2010, and because if it was available in a software store I would have purchased a license anyway.

Iru: Thank you for the info update.

Quote Originally Posted by Iru View Post
    I've figured out the cause of the "No player named 'x' is currently playing" spam folks are getting who don't have the 'Assume team always online' flag set.

It appears that UnitIsConnected is now only useful for detecting DCs of known party members. It returns false regardless of the unit argument if called when not in a group, and returns true when called in a group unless given a unit id for a group member who is currently in an offline status. That means it also returns true when given an invalid unit id if used while in a group.

I think you going to have to rely solely on membership of the temporary chat channel to identify which team members are online, unless assuming they all are.

For anyone who wants to fix this for themselves before Jafula's next update, make the following change to lines 154-156 of Jamba/JambeCommunications.lua

Quote Originally Posted by Yonaz View Post
    Im having problem with "No player name 'XXX' is currently playing spam. Seems like "Assume team always online" option isn't working for me after MoP
    Im using beta2. Each time Im using my "/follow focus" macro, this happen. This seems to breake the follow because of heavy trafic from the team list not online.
    Hmmm, I've tried several combinations of these and not had any problems. I'm currently running with "assume team always online" off. I had run with assume team always online and as long as the toons I was playing were online and only those online in the list, it all worked fine (as pre-patch). Let's see what happens over the next week. If you are still having trouble, please let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by ehalvorson View Post
    Tested the beta 1 and updated to the beta 2. Only issue i have found that still remains is it is not automatically setting loot settings to free for all.

All toons are in the same guild (which was enough before). They are on 2 battlenet accounts, and I have friended both ways. Even with the override setting of friends are not strangers... it still sets to group loot uncommon.
    Hmmm again. This one works for me. Is it still a problem for you?

Quote Originally Posted by kate View Post
    I'm using the beta 2 add-on, and it seems like there is some kind of issue with Jamba talk - whisper forwarding.

Weirdly, after I close all the error windows, it seems like, at least on that character, as long as I manually type in the name of the person to respond to (my toon's name) it kind of works. But hitting reply gives an error or just throws it into the main chatframe.

I'm not using any chat addons, and it seems the error message is referencing blizzard's XML anyway.

Any ideas?
    Thanks for the bug report, Blizzard change a couple of API things I missed. I think I have them now. I got a friend to whisper me and RealID whisper me and I replied back ok without LUA errors. This fix will be in beta3.

Quote Originally Posted by Invisahealz View Post
    Still getting massive lag/cpu spikes with newest version, fine when i just run around but when i cast/buff it freezes for about half a second and in large fights i cant really do anything. Dont get any of this when i dont run jamba so dont know exactly what problem is. Currently im only running Jamba, Follow, and FTL. Using strobing to keep follow on entire time. Tried reverting to DX9 no difference. only other addons used are grid+grid custom layouts and cliques. Will check all settings for the jambas to talk to eachother when i get back home and stuff see if that could b it maybe?
    Weird. I'm not getting CPU problems or lag spikes (5 boxing). Are you still having this issue?

Quote Originally Posted by drarkan View Post
    Using Jamba 1.0 Beta V2

Tested and working:

<SNIP>

I'll update as I test more
    Cheers for the bug and testing reports. I appreciate it!

Quote Originally Posted by drarkan View Post
    Features not working

Sell
    ----

- Hold alt while selling sells on all toons.
    Hmmm for the third time. This one worked for me. Is it working for you now?

Quote Originally Posted by alastoire View Post
    I have the following bug when I use Beta02. I do not have other addons present.

To save trouble, I have all my toons registered in Jamba-team. However, everytime I join a party or a raid, there will be spams that the non-online toons are not found. This occurs even if I set the option in profiles that not all toons are online.

This also occurs when I run the macro /jamba-follow strobeonme all

<SNIP>
    Try resetting your channel settings in Core: Advanced. Make your own channel and see if that fixes it?

I tested this as well. The first time I replied by clicking the name it worked. Subsequent messages then produced the error above. I'll try to play with it over long weekend.

Jafula, I'm also getting the spamming "No player named 'X' is currently playing" on any activity that creates inter-toon communication, e.g. clicking the update button on the quest watcher window. As I have all the alts I'm boosting in a single team that can produce quite a lot of messages

It seems that the Assume everyone is online check is being ignored, but also that Jamba-Communications is now sending point-to-point messages rather than multicasting them through a private chat channel. Did Blizzard disable private channels in 5.0?

Finally, this works:

Quest: Completion
    -----------------
    More than one reward: Toon complete quest with team - choose own reward.

Haven't hit a quest where I'd want toons to all take the same item yet.
    Same as above, I've not got the problem, haven't had a look at your fix yet. Cheers for the quest completion info.

Quote Originally Posted by Shodokan View Post
    Good work so far. Lets just hope you don't have to spend a week to fix it for MoP since i think the changes are all setup here and its just going to be an unlocked area/content opposed to changes to the coding for addons again.
    Yeh, it was like this in Cata, early pre expansion patch had all the api changes, so once these are sorted we should be good to go for MOP proper.

Quote Originally Posted by thefunk View Post
    Deleted entire addon folder, installed beta 2, invite toons is not working, and when I try and follow with alt-F, it opens bags for everyone else. Checked their keybinds and I can't see anything wrong...

I'll keep playing with it.

Ok exiting out of WoW alltogether and relaunching seems to do the trick.
    So I'm assuming you're good now.

Quote Originally Posted by Shania View Post
    i, I am using beta version how do I get rid of the error below ? I the Lua Error is clogging my screen and I cannot get rid of it, and only occurs on one toon, my main.
    You are missing a Jamba module on the toon that gets the error. Make sure all your accounts/characters have the same addons checked in the addon options screen.

Tried this tonight and it kind of works. If there's more than one quest that can be completed, ctrl-accept causes all the toons to select the reward that toon has. If there;s only one quest to turn in, they do nothing. No idea why there would be a differences like that.
    Ta, will add that to the list of things to check out.

Jafula,

I've figured out the cause of the "No player named 'x' is currently playing" spam folks are getting who don't have the 'Assume team always online' flag set.

It appears that UnitIsConnected is now only useful for detecting DCs of known party members. It returns false regardless of the unit argument if called when not in a group, and returns true when called in a group unless given a unit id for a group member who is currently in an offline status. That means it also returns true when given an invalid unit id if used while in a group.

I think you going to have to rely solely on membership of the temporary chat channel to identify which team members are online, unless assuming they all are.

For anyone who wants to fix this for themselves before Jafula's next update, make the following change to lines 154-156 of Jamba/JambeCommunications.lua
    Code:
    --    if UnitIsConnected( characterName ) == 1 then
    --        isOnline = true
    --    end
    Having a look, I'm not sure why the UnitIsConnected needs to be there at all. You've identified it as a problem (which unfortunately I'm not having), but based on what you are saying and what I've read elsewhere (what little I could find), its logically wrong, so I'm going to yank it and see if anyone complains! Cheers for the sleuthing, I doubt I would have figured that out in a hurry, very appeciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Yonaz View Post
    Jafula: I'm donating cause I have used your wonderful addon since 2010, and because if it was available in a software store I would have purchased a license anyway.

Iru: Thank you for the info update.
    Thanks so much for the donation! I really appreciate that!
    Jafula.

Quote Originally Posted by Jafula View Post

Originally Posted by ehalvorson
    Tested the beta 1 and updated to the beta 2. Only issue i have found that still remains is it is not automatically setting loot settings to free for all.

All toons are in the same guild (which was enough before). They are on 2 battlenet accounts, and I have friended both ways. Even with the override setting of friends are not strangers... it still sets to group loot uncommon.

Hmmm again.

This one works for me. Is it still a problem for you?
    Yuppers, still having this issue with beta3. 5 toons all in same guild. 3 toons on bnet account A 2 toons on bnet account B and Battlenet accounts cross friended.

Running all 5 toons on same laptop using IS boxer. No lag spikes for me, and so far everything else is working perfectly for me. Have tested the different quest options, all pick same reward, all must pick own reward etc. - All working
    Adjust money on guild bank visits - working.
    Quest tracking (show always / hide in combat) - working
    Item Bar (show always / hide in combat) - both working

I have not seen any errors at all. But then again all other addons get disabled if they haven't been updated, and if they cause any errors at all they get disabled. I think currently when multi-boxing the only addons that are active are IS Boxer, Jamba, Go-Go Mount, Bagnon, Bartender 4, Gatherer, and Pally Power only with Teams that have a paladin in them.

Default Auto-accept *and* mirror gossip option?

First, I want to thank Jafula for solving my problem in closed post #45. Doing what he suggested there caused my slaves to mirror their master's gossip choices, which is great! However, I'm still lacking one small convenience, which I'm submitting as a Jamba feature request here. I'd like all characters to auto-accept quests *and* mirror gossip options. It saves me a ton of time to have them all auto-accept, but choosing the "Toon Select & Decline Quest with Team" option disables that option. Is there any way to have our cake and eat it too?

Thanks!
    Last edited by Jafula : 08-26-2012 at 04:27 PM Reason: Moved to main Jamba thread.