Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 30 of 33

Quote Originally Posted by Xeneres View Post
    "retard level"

From http://www.merriam-webster.com
    1re·tard

verb \ri-ˈtärd\

transitive verb

1 : to slow up especially by preventing or hindering advance or accomplishment

It was never my intent to piss anyone(Mods included ) off but there's a big difficulty difference between playing 3-4 dps in a heroic with other people playing tank and/or healer for you is a lot easier than doing it by yourself especially during a timed event. Ive done the 3-4 dps too, in 5 man heroic and there was always someone to heal me or tank mobs for me and its undeniably easier to complete the dungeon AND generally much SLOWER to complete.

When I posted this I did some of digging (looking through armorys/forums and what not) and saw a few people from this forum who had the achievement on 3-4 toons on the same day but their other toons had it earlier or later. This could be a similar situation to my death knight, where I did the bear run with other players when I started to gear the dk up in preparation to add it to my quad shaman team for PvE/PvP.

When I posted this I said I was quite sure that I was the only one to do this. I suspected someone was going to post that they or someone they knew did it too and before me. I just wanted to see some screenshots and proof. Also can you blame me for the thread/video title, it draws in views and responses Nothing like putting first on something to get to the bottom of it.

I just want a screenshot/video proof of a boxer doing it on their own and ill edit my title and video. But why didn't who ever did it first not make a video?

Maybe its not a multiboxing first but I didn't see any videos or discussion about previous bear runs so forgive me!

I can believe Valkyr when he said he did it with a similar comp to mine in similar gear we've both used a full LFR ilevel set. The 5 warlocks I think im going to need/want to see a screenshot of that as it would be awesome! (fellow part time warlock boxer here! )

I've been clearing cata heroics since before LFR was implemented only in the last couple of months did I add my death knight to my existing 4 shaman.

I have done 4 box Zul'aman (with a LFD tank or a friend) since 12/02/2011 but only to get valor points which was usually just eagle and lynx and straight to the end. I just decided that night when dungeon finder gave it to me to see if I could actually do it and I recorded it.

TLDR: Didn't mean to insult people...Sorry. If not multiboxing...first enjoy the video! I'll edit the post/video when I receive my non shopped screenshot or it didn't happen response. Ill continue to answer questions about my setup if anyone has any!
    I've posted my screen shot 1 post above you

Edit: and the reason why is because we don't all like to brag about every accomplishment, for myself, i mainly brag about epic grind accomplishments, like 4x Hammer of Rag (soon), 4x what a long strange trip, etc
    Last edited by valkry : 08-23-2012 at 01:25 AM
    Frostmourne (Oceanic) - Bloodlust - Alliance - 10 Boxer

TLDR: Didn't mean to insult people...Sorry. If not multiboxing...first enjoy the video! I'll edit the post/video when I receive my non shopped screenshot or it didn't happen response. Ill continue to answer questions about my setup if anyone has any!
    I think the main issue that some people have (myself included sometimes, not this time, but other times) is when people who are "new" to this community show up and make their first post claiming a first or something along those lines... especially on content that was introduced a few patches ago. We see it on a semi-regular basis where someone will show up and try to flash their e-peen in our faces (not necessarily you, just random people in general). I then relay the e-peen disturbance over to Khatovar and she takes out her knife to chop it off and calm things down (kinda like this).

It really comes down to you not having a lot of posts here, regardless if you've been multiboxing for years. You need to ease your way into a well-established community such as this one. We are a friendly bunch, but some of the old folks around these parts get annoyed at times.

As for the video, I didn't watch it because it was 23 minutes long and that's kind of a turn off (for me at least). I would suggest editing future clips into something more manageable (and that doesn't mean speeding it up 300%).

You're simply being argumentative and this is not the place for it. If you want to flap your epeen around and piss all over everyone for not being as awesome as you think you are, you're in the wrong place. Throwing up an alternative definition like no one knows what a word means and sticking a bunch of smiles in your post doesn't negate things like dismissing other posters as accomplishing things via what you assume is "retard level" and demanding "non shopped" proof to the contrary. This is not the WoW General forums.

Post your accomplishments, but don't act it automatically makes you better than anyone else or that anyone else who says they've done it is a lair.
    Last edited by Khatovar : 08-23-2012 at 01:35 AM
    Blog : Herding Khats
    Team : Kina - Çroaker - Messkit - Lìfetaker - Wìdowmaker
    Newbie Guides : Multiboxing Vol. 1 - Multiboxing Vol. 2 - HotKeyNet - Jamba
    The Almighty Lax made a liar out of me, apparently I DO get prizes for it.
    *Commences Wielding the Banhammer like there's piñatas up in here and I'm Lady Thor*

_ Forum search letting you down? Use the custom Google search _

Its basically retard level to to "multibox" just dps as some multiboxers do and claim you "multiboxed" a bear run, you can be carried by a tank and a healer easily.
    "retard level"

From http://www.merriam-webster.com
    1re·tard

verb \ri-ˈtärd\

transitive verb

1 : to slow up especially by preventing or hindering advance or accomplishment
    If I might make a polite suggestion, please do not insult the intelligence of this community. You clearly do not understand how many highly accomplished individuals (in multiboxing and RL) hang out around here and regarding your dictionary link, please allow me to retort with one of my own which describes your attempt at backtracking:

dis·in·gen·u·ous [dis-in-jen-yoo-uhs]

adjective lacking in frankness, candor, or sincerity; falsely or hypocritically ingenuous; insincere: Her excuse was rather disingenuous.

Welcome to the forums. Enjoy your stay!
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

I've multiboxed healer tank and dps all the twilight heroics, I wouldn't consider going back to do a bear run this late in the game an achievement. The bosses are not that hard you just need the gear to kill faster. I agree with all the sentiments in the posts above

I suspect blowing them the instance multiboxing 5 mages is also another option.
    Last edited by dancook : 08-23-2012 at 04:20 AM

I hope that term doesn't catch on. Pretty much all of my teams were built in this manner, running them through 3 at a time as dps to gear them up, then once geared I make them into a full team.

I'm super retard running heroics with 5 dps, but I don't think there's any rule to multibox. Have 5 toons, kill stuff.

Also I wouldn't call my method
    SLOWER
    since most cataclysm heroic bosses die in less than 10 seconds and the trash is not much harder
    Last edited by beeq : 08-23-2012 at 04:37 AM

Quote Originally Posted by MiRai View Post

As for the video, I didn't watch it because it was 23 minutes long and that's kind of a turn off (for me at least). I would suggest editing future clips into something more manageable (and that doesn't mean speeding it up 300%).
    I LOVE long videos, so please don't change a thing! As for the retard comment I think we should just drop it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ughmahedhurtz View Post
    Do you know the origins of this pic? Filling those vessels with Iron Ore is actually my job haha, and that looks like one of the pics taken on a vessel headed out to see when Cyclone George was on it's way to hit my town (they don't stay at anchor during big storms).
    Frostmourne (Oceanic) - Bloodlust - Alliance - 10 Boxer

Thread was better than the video*.

*didnt watch the video
    Last edited by Fat Tire : 08-23-2012 at 09:18 AM