Close
Showing results 1 to 10 of 10

Question Boosting 4 teams of 80...fastest way to hit 80!...Before Patch 5.0.4 28/08/2012

Hello Guys,

I am looking for a guide that will show me how to boost my guys to 80 the fastest way and where do I place them in spots in instances now days, I have seen a video of fastest instance time for boosting but can not see what spots he sits the toons at. So this is what I am thinking of doing.

SFK- 11-21 ------Sit at first area with toons get full xp
    SM 21-35 -----Clean bottom floor, move toons to mid and get full xp still
    Scholo 35-40-----Sit Toons at bridge get full xp

Maybe I dont know or Strat 40-45 Strat Undead 45-50

LBRS 50-57 - Dont know where to sit them
    Hell Fire Ramps - 57-62 - over the bridge and near the wall
    Sek Halls - Best level to go with ? - Dont know where to sit them

What next? for 62- 80

Now I have 2 weeks till I have to go back to work... Any help would be great on where to sit my guys and follow my goal to 4 teams of 80

Thank you

I see alot of different ways in there, Also I was thinking what is the most common way people do there boosting, What would you recommend, Last time I boosted was 2 years ago. Was thinking maybe from 2011 to now it could of changed and such.

Quote Originally Posted by Meathead View Post
    Last time I boosted was 2 years ago. Was thinking maybe from 2011 to now it could of changed and such.
    What do you mean? What would have changed (that isn't already covered in the above link)?

I dont know, Just last time I boosted I was in the RAF only till 60 now it goes to 80. Also seen a thread somewhere about getting 9-80 in under 20 hours? ( could be a load of bs) I dont know. But anyway I shall read a bit more on that thread and see,

Quote Originally Posted by Meathead View Post
    I dont know, Just last time I boosted I was in the RAF only till 60 now it goes to 80. Also seen a thread somewhere about getting 9-80 in under 20 hours? ( could be a load of bs) I dont know. But anyway I shall read a bit more on that thread and see,
    I mean, some dungeon layouts have changed since then (and will change again in 2 weeks) but, the placement of your team is covered in the above link. Nothing else has changed (that sticks out in my mind) besides the RaF cap being raised from 60 to 80.

I have been doing some boosting over the last month or so and the 60 to 80 piece advice I would give is to make sure you do the dungeon quests, they give huge XP and make the 70 to 80 piece go much faster.

My firewall blocked Knytestorme's blog, so just in case anyone else couldn't see it, here's the fragment that I wish I could have seen and had to figure out for myself:

Level 63 – Setthekk Halls. Leave team at entry until you kill first boss, move them to his room and leave them there to get full xp for the instance.

What are you boosting with?

Hellfire ramps - leave toons at the start, gather all mobs and kill them near one of the two end bosses
    Frostmourne (Oceanic) - Bloodlust - Alliance - 10 Boxer

Me? I have an arcane mage in lfr gear. Unfortunately I do not have RAF, just 4xBOA, so it takes quite a long time to level. It doesn't matter though. I'm just killing time until 5.0.4 where I'll spend the next month relearning all of my characters. After I get my 5-team up to 90 and on a reasonable valor farming schedule I'll start on my monk team. I'm not looking forward to a long leveling sprint from 1 to 90 without RAF .