Close
Showing results 1 to 9 of 9
    Blog Entries

Default Troubleshooting low fps

This morning I'm suddenly seeing unplayably low fps when I'm running all five accounts. In the past when I had this problem I was able to fix it by manually setting each toon to the lowest settings on the options menu, and then using my lower/higher graphics settings macros. Today that doesn't seem to be working, everything on super low is only running at 13 fps, which gives me a headache to look at it.

I've tried closing out all of my wows and launching them fresh but no dice. What's a good next step for troubleshooting this?

It was working fine when I went to bed last night.

If you have recently upgraded either Inner Space or ISBoxer then make sure you do a File, Export from Inner Space.

HOWTO:Tweak your framerate
    on the ISBoxer wiki covers common causes and fixes of low framerate.

However, if nothing has changed in your software environment then I am guessing it may be a hardware issue and that's not my forté.

IS has popped up multiple times over the last few days with updates. It may be as you guess.

Have you pre-ordered MoP? Some addons are breaking when you pre-order it and might cause the lag
    Frostmourne (Oceanic) - Bloodlust - Alliance - 10 Boxer

Blog Entries

To clear up a few things, no I haven't pre-ordered MOP and this seems to be happening somewhat at random. I think this is something happening on an InnerSpace level because once it happens only a restart of the computer will fix it.

I just restarted innerspace and it STARTED at 30 fps (for the first box) rather than 60, and drops quickly to the 5-15 fps once all five boxes are open. I have observed this in situations like today, where I've closed all my windows down and am starting from scratch, but also on days where I left all five boxes open overnight and came back to try and log back in.

I'd really love to hear any ideas anyone has because I'm not at all fond of having to reboot my machine just to get back to playing. Right now its running at 5 fps on the login screen while using just 54% of my memory.

Edit: looking at the framerate thing linked by alge was an interesting thing to look at but none of it addresses the fact that when I restart my computer, it works just fine, as my isboxer has for two years (when I first started five boxing I did have some fps tweaking to do). It's only after the computer has been running a few days (seems to be a random amount of time) that this happens. Neither my cpu nor memory are anywhere near maxed out.
    Last edited by luxlunae : 08-06-2012 at 07:47 PM

Could your firewall be blocking the auto-update of Inner Space, and not be the latest version?

If you've taken a look at Alge's link, then I'm going to take a wild guess and say there is possibly a memory leak somewhere on your machine that is quite possibly bogging your machine down w/o you knowing it? Are any programs taking up an abnormally large amount of memory? That might explain why only rebooting it fixes the issue.

If you've got a ton of processes running in the background it's time to start killing those processes and/or uninstalling programs to see if things change. If you've got 50 tabs open in your internet browser (especially flash related), it's time to start closing them. You can go into ISBoxer's help menu and run Diagnostics for game crashes to show us what you've got running on your computer. Worst case scenario would be that you'd have to do a reinstall of Windows to see if the issue goes away.

I have low frame rate issues if the InnerSpace window is open while I'm trying to play (honestly, it makes it unplayable), which happens whenever IS does an update. So make sure that the window is closed.
    BeerbaronBeerbaronessBeerlordBeerladyBeerprincess
    Katiebird/PinktailsBluetailsRedtailsGreentailsWhitetails
    < Ascended >
    Bonechewer US - Alliance

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MiRai View Post
    If you've taken a look at Alge's link, then I'm going to take a wild guess and say there is possibly a memory leak somewhere on your machine that is quite possibly bogging your machine down w/o you knowing it? Are any programs taking up an abnormally large amount of memory? That might explain why only rebooting it fixes the issue.

If you've got a ton of processes running in the background it's time to start killing those processes and/or uninstalling programs to see if things change. If you've got 50 tabs open in your internet browser (especially flash related), it's time to start closing them. You can go into ISBoxer's help menu and run Diagnostics for game crashes to show us what you've got running on your computer. Worst case scenario would be that you'd have to do a reinstall of Windows to see if the issue goes away.
    I think you could be right about this. I've had some memory issues which I thought I'd fixed by reseating the memory but maybe not. I'm having an fps of 9 right now so I guess Time to start closing processes!.