Close
Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

Default G600 Shift Mod - Naga Shift Mod

I have recently gained access to a Logitech G600. Compared to My Razer Naga there is one major difference which will change my game play completely. The Shift mod button. This enables me to basically have 38 buttons on my right hand. Combined with a G13 on my left i can key bind the world.

I wanted to Post about my setup and how this shift mod button could assist current boxing styles.

What i have found is that the G600 is not as suited to smaller hands and in my case my fingertip grip style.

To combat this i have used the Razer software to move my right click to my middle mouse button and created a macro that sends shift(or ctrl) to my right click button when i hold it down.

So i have created the same setup as the G600 provides.

Now even though most Multiboxers may not need this many keybinds with good macro use, for me it opens up new possibility's/styles of boxing.

Here is how i have started to use it;

One of my teams consists of 2 DK's and a Holy Pally. I found that on my pally i didn't have enough buttons to heal as precisely as i would normally. So now i use my Naga (or G600) to control my Pally only and i use my G13 to control the two DKs. So i use Numpad and Shift Mod numpad on my pally and i use normal numbers and ctrl normal numbers on my DK's. This means no overlap with keybinds that might cause errors in heated gameplay or poorly structured macros/software setup. I also have enough buttons to keybind all of each toons abilitys so i can use the exact right ability for the situation.

This setup isnt limited to heals + dps teams. Depending on your current macro/keybind setup this may also be usefull for a Melle + range DPS team.

Currently i am working on also separating the movement keys. So i will move my pally independently of my dks. This generally isnt an issue with IWT on but there are some situations where it might become beneficial. The first part is simple, remove WASD keybind on the pally and control his movement using the mouse only with a combo of Click to Move and holding left+right mouse button. Then broadcast WASD to the DK's and use the G13 to control them.

Here's where it gets complex.

i would need to split the broadcast up for each DK. using ISboxer i would set W (for example) as the hotkey and make it send W to DK 1 and a /follow macro (of somekind) to DK2.

If this ends up working out well i will look into a FTL setup for incase DK1 dies. But that is a much later project.

I have some ideas but if anyone is using a setup similer to this i would love to hear your experiences, pro/cons etc or suggestions.

I hope this has helped anyone Looking into the G600 or people interested in creating a shift mod on their current mouse.

If i come up against anymore problems i will post them here.

Erron

EDIT:

Using Right click as Shift Mod is really awkward and will take a long time to get used to. I have started using middle click as shift mod now. its working much better and already feels natural. Not sure why i didnt do that first.

Blog Entries

You can have unlimited buttons on the razer naga and I assume your new mouse. You just make as many profiles as you want have 1 button for a cycle script

Blog Entries

One of my teams consists of 2 DK's and a Holy Pally. I found that on my pally i didn't have enough buttons to heal as precisely as i would normally. So now i use my Naga (or G600) to control my Pally only and i use my G13 to control the two DKs. So i use Numpad and Shift Mod numpad on my pally and i use normal numbers and ctrl normal numbers on my DK's. This means no overlap with keybinds that might cause errors in heated gameplay or poorly structured macros/software setup. I also have enough buttons to keybind all of each toons abilitys so i can use the exact right ability for the situation.

This sounds like an overly complicated situation that ends in tears.

Quote Originally Posted by luxlunae View Post
    This sounds like an overly complicated situation that ends in tears.
    Possibly, but my Holy pally is my solo toon and when i was refering to the exact right ability i was mainly referring to healing abilities. There isnt too much macroing that is beneficial to healing output in pvp (aside from burst CD's etc). i would normally play my pally with most of my abilities on my Naga anyway, i would just use the real shift/ctrl/alt as modifiers.

Frost DK's are easy enought to play with only a few buttons and some good macros so its not going to be overly complex setup for them either.

The main thing here is being able to play my pally on my right hand and my DK's on my left. This is were you are likely to be correct haha. it might be fun after the tears tho.

If a Pianist can play using two hands for different notes maybe all it will need is practice.... and lots of it.