Close
Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

Default Dial-up Authenticators Go Bye-bye

I've seen mention of people using them in the past and I'm not sure if anyone is still using this version of the authenticator, but they aren't long for this world. Just a heads up in case anyone is still using them

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6232073165#1

Please note that we have removed the Dial-in Authenticator from our Battle.net security options. If you’re currently using the Dial-in Authenticator, it will continue to work normally until August 15, 2012, at which point we’ll be removing it from any accounts that have it attached.

If you’re not already taking advantage of one of the Battle.net security measures listed below, we strongly encourage you to select the option most convenient to you:

Battle.net Authenticator
    Battle.net Mobile Authenticator

We also offer Battle.net SMS Protect, which can be used alone or stacked with one of the options above for an even greater level of protection.

If you’re currently using the Dial-in Authenticator and want to add any of these security options before August 15, you’ll first need to remove the Dial-In Authenticator from your account by following the instructions listed here.

We’re fully committed to account security, but please keep in mind that it’s ultimately a team effort. While making use of the available security options can go a long way in helping to protect your characters and items, it’s also important to be aware of the other things you can do to help ensure your account is as secure as possible. Review our Account and Computer Security article for more information on email security, web browsing safety, critical software updates, and more.
    Blog : Herding Khats
    Team : Kina - Çroaker - Messkit - Lìfetaker - Wìdowmaker
    Newbie Guides : Multiboxing Vol. 1 - Multiboxing Vol. 2 - HotKeyNet - Jamba
    The Almighty Lax made a liar out of me, apparently I DO get prizes for it.
    *Commences Wielding the Banhammer like there's piñatas up in here and I'm Lady Thor*

_ Forum search letting you down? Use the custom Google search _

I wondered if this was coming. You can't use dial-in authentication for the RMAH in D3.
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

This is too bad. I use this authenticator because it is the least intrusive. I am not willing to use the real authenticator.

Quote Originally Posted by olibri1 View Post
    This is too bad. I use this authenticator because it is the least intrusive. I am not willing to use the real authenticator.
    Just in case you weren't aware, they changed the real authenticators (keyfob and mobile) to only request authentication when your IP changes or once per week unless you set the option to require authentication every time you log in.
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ughmahedhurtz View Post
    Just in case you weren't aware, they changed the real authenticators (keyfob and mobile) to only request authentication when your IP changes or once per week unless you set the option to require authentication every time you log in.
    You can also set up SMS alerts.

I was not aware.