Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 11
    Blog Entries

Default Easiest six man comps for someone that hasn't played lotro in... 4 years?

Anyone have any ideas about the best comp for someone that hasn't played in a while? I'm looking for the "four shaman + paladin" of LOTRO. I remember that I loved runekeepers when I played before, would a few runekeepers maybe mixed with archers make a good composition?

I know from a boxing standpoint the hunter is easy to produce decent DPS.

The tanking options are a bit of a challenge as the guardian is highly reactive with events occurring off parries and blocks. The warden's tanking method is a bit of a pain relying on key stroke patterns to produce combat effects. Also the warden seems to lack snap AOE aggro instead needing to build and deliver one of its combat maneuvers.

I would say the simplest box that could handle 6 man content would be 1 guardian, 1 minstrel, and 4 hunters. I boxed 1 guardian, 1 minstrel, 1 captain, 1 champion, 1 runekeeper, and 1 hunter and it was mostly fail. I simply could not get any synergy going between all the classes.

Blog Entries

What I think I'd like to do is four RK's, a guardian and one support class. Any idea what best supports rks?

edit: never mind. I thought that all the classes were available, RK is not for f2p. Four hunters and a minstrel it is
    Last edited by luxlunae : 07-10-2012 at 09:10 AM

Captain or Loremaster are the support classes with an edge to Captains in my opinion. Loremaster bring CC to the table which can be problematic in a multibox.

Champions make an interesting alternative to Hunters. They are a plate class so they have better survivability and they excel at AoE damage. They can also spec to be an off tank if needed.

1 Guardian 1 Minstrel 3 Champions and 1 Captain would be a pretty fierce crew.

1 Guardian 1 Minstrel 3 Hunters and 1 Loremaster would also be good. A secondary benefit of this team is it is 1 melee and 5 ranged

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Warwick View Post

1 Guardian 1 Minstrel 3 Hunters and 1 Loremaster would also be good. A secondary benefit of this team is it is 1 melee and 5 ranged
    Sounds like I should do this, and could do this with the LM on my one premium account... although I had kind of hoped to tank off that account since it has more bag space and gold. Hrm.

I used to box successfully with 4x RKs and 1 Champ (as tank). This was post MoM, but pre any other expansions. I could do Carn Dum solo pretty easily with this setup, farming for the trinkets I wanted. I imagine throwing a support class in there would be handy. The thing I liked about the Champ was the easy AE aggro w/ the tank-mode and ae skills. Better/easier than the Guardian reactives in boxing, imo.

I am downloading this right now for testing purposes. It appears that all 7 classes are F2P now.
    Kel'thuzad US Alliance
    <Belt Fed>

Blog Entries

Runekeeper and Warden are still not F2P (as of 04-08), but to clarify they are the 8th and 9th classes, the first seven are indeed all free now.
    Last edited by luxlunae : 04-08-2013 at 11:03 PM

I was boxing a champ and minstrel and could take on a lot of content with just the two. The Champ not only can tank..but they are the best AOE class in the game, It made questing a lot easier being able to kill large packs of mobs. So i vote for the champ, 4 RKs and one minstrel ( bard ) bards have great support and can heal as well.
    Currently 5 Boxing 5 Protection Paladins on Whisperwind Alliance
    The Power of Five!!! ( short video )

Blog Entries

Yeah, alas the RKs have to be paid for and I'm theoretically doing a little survey of free multiboxing, so I'm being boring and got a guardian/minstrel/LM/3xHunter team running last night. It was very aggravating to have to do the newbie tutorial on the five new accounts.