Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 11

Default Boosting in Hellfire Citadel: Ramparts

Most of you may know this, I did not until recently, so thought I would post for everyone just in case.

When you first enter Hellfire Ramparts there is cliff to the right, its what you can jump down after beating the final boss for quick path back to the entrance.

Park your slaves at the entrance (far enough from your spot they wont aggro), then run your tank all the way through while aggroing everything and jump down this path. Then sit and wait because soon a million mobs will be running towards the entrance.

Its a very very quick dungeon.

I tested this just now. All bosses reset, and about 12 ravengers reset as well.

And i lost one guy to the fire from the last boss.

Maybe you did something i didn't?
    Kel'thuzad US Alliance
    <Belt Fed>

Quote Originally Posted by candlebox View Post
    I tested this just now. All bosses reset, and about 12 ravengers reset as well.

And i lost one guy to the fire from the last boss.

Maybe you did something i didn't?
    Nah, Ravagers and bosses reset and that's a reason why I argue against using this method to boost in here. I make it a point to kill the Ravagers as I move along, though.

Well I just learned something new in here.

Your slaves get experience from every mob, without having to move from the entrance. You could just kill everything and not have to bring them back to your slaves (or bring your slaves to them).

It feels quicker then the other method, but when AoE loot is in the game the first method would be amazing.

I will try leaving them there on my next set. When AoE looting comes into play, I think that we will see a massive inflation on the AH. Us MBxr's are gonna be loaded. I almost never loot, due to the time it takes.

Might want to plan ahead and have a couple engineers in your teams for Jeeves. And get the biggest damn bags you can buy. Maybe even two or three guilds with banks. Panda's are gonna need to level professions. Get started now while you can.

We will all finally get 20 inch blades on our impalla's
    Kel'thuzad US Alliance
    <Belt Fed>

AoE looting will make me extremely happy and give me even more fake gold to throw around! Yaks for everyone! Unless the account wide mount thing makes one yak go to everyone, in which case, uh.... random acts of giving people 10k gold or something for everyone, because what the hell else will I spend it on?

you'll want a goblin in your 5 mans just for the bank access if ya roll horde.

Quote Originally Posted by roddo View Post
    you'll want a goblin in your 5 mans just for the bank access if ya roll horde.
    Jeeves x 5 and in your own guild for mobile banking.
    Kel'thuzad US Alliance
    <Belt Fed>

Quote Originally Posted by candlebox View Post
    Jeeves x 5 and in your own guild for mobile banking.
    Not to mention the squire pet fully upgraded as well
    Frostmourne (Oceanic) - Bloodlust - Alliance - 10 Boxer

The main issue with levelling chars in Ramparts IS the speed of the dungeon and the lockout. I prefer to move on to BF as soon as the quests are done.

Personally, I have no issues dragging 4 chars on autofollow behind a mage through the dungeon and just using arcane explosion to kill everything as you run through. Casters sometimes will lag behind but if you pace yourself (and have a well-enough geared mage) that won't happen.

Pulling the entire Ramparts mostly into one pile after we get AOE looting sounds awesome.