Close
Showing results 1 to 2 of 2

Default Hack for resizing multiple wows with Apple Script

Just figured out how to identify the different running wow applications, this way the different wow processes will not all be named "World of Warcraft"

Right click on your copied wow and select Show Package Contents, open info.plist and change the string for "Executable file" & and "Bundle name" to what you want to show in Process list (Activity monitor) this is also the identifier you will use for process name in Apple Script.

Now you can resize your wow windows with apple script.
    example here fits 4 windows on a full hd screen.
    Code:
    tell application "System Events"
       tell process "World of Warcraft"
          tell window 1
             set position to {960, 518}
             set size to {960, 563}
          end tell
       end tell
       tell process "World of Warcraft 2"
          tell window 1
             set position to {960, 23}
             set size to {960, 563}
          end tell
       end tell
       tell process "World of Warcraft 3"
          tell window 1
             set position to {0, 518}
             set size to {960, 563}
          end tell
       end tell
       tell process "World of Warcraft 4"
          tell window 1
             set position to {0, 23}
             set size to {960, 563}
          end tell
       end tell
    end tell

Does Wow still launch and "authenticate" after changing the plist file? I had issues with the application not passing what i assume was some type of checksum verification after modifying the plist file, But that was 2 + years ago. They may have changed it since then.

Here is what i was using back then to launch and position my windows, if it helps anyone. I had to have a separate preference file that stored the correct window location for each account.

I have to say that your method is much cleaner.

Code:
    tell application "Finder"
        open application file "World of Warcraft 1.app" of folder "World of Warcraft 1" of disk "Media"
    end tell

delay 2

do shell script "defaults write NSGlobalDomain AppleDisplayScaleFactor 0.86"

delay 2

do shell script "cp -f /Users/username/Dropbox/Docs/5Man/2Shadewalker/com.blizzard.World\\ of\\ Warcraft.prefs /Users/username/Library/Preferences/"
        open application file "World of Warcraft.app" of folder "World of Warcraft" of disk "RAID"
    end tell

delay 4

do shell script "cp -f /Users/username/Dropbox/Docs/5Man/3Eternalchill/com.blizzard.World\\ of\\ Warcraft.prefs /Users/username/Library/Preferences/"
        open application file "World of Warcraft 2.app" of folder "World of Warcraft 2" of disk "Media"
    end tell
    delay 4

do shell script "cp -f /Users/username/Dropbox/Docs/5Man/4Tartare/com.blizzard.World\\ of\\ Warcraft.prefs /Users/username/Library/Preferences/"
        open application file "World of Warcraft m.app" of folder "World of Warcraft" of disk "The Void"
    end tell
    delay 4

do shell script "cp -f /Users/username/Dropbox/Docs/5Man/5Animatedead/com.blizzard.World\\ of\\ Warcraft.prefs /Users/username/Library/Preferences/"
        open application file "World of Warcraft 3.app" of folder "World of Warcraft 3" of disk "The Void"
    end tell

delay 4
    do shell script "defaults write NSGlobalDomain AppleDisplayScaleFactor 1"