Close
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Showing results 11 to 20 of 20

@ Kick; I'll probably finish leveling my 4 WD's and give them a go, I had fun with them up to about 30ish. Do you ever try to wall off mobs with your pets? It seemed like nothing ever even got to me up to 35-ish, however inferno i've heard bad things about pet users. =(

@ Ellay; I meant did you make the one showing the op-ness of 4 monks, not the palm vid. Been waiting to see a video of anyone doing act 3 with 4 boxing on inferno. =P

@ Lightsan - check out the video I posted. It will give you a feel for WDs.
    Sweet* teams - <unGankable> - Kil'Jaeden US Alliance - 10x Shamans, 9x DKs 1x Pally, 10x Drews

I tried a little more of Act 3, it was definitely not enjoyable. Looks like I'm sticking with act 1 - hopefully it doesn't get too boring
    FFXIV - Aether - Sargatanas
    Twitch - https://twitch.tv/multidayz
    Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/c/Multidayz

Quote Originally Posted by Ellay View Post
    I tried a little more of Act 3, it was definitely not enjoyable. Looks like I'm sticking with act 1 - hopefully it doesn't get too boring
    Yeah, Act I is so easy and more enjoyable. I think it took me an hour to do 1 pony run last night. Just to kill 5 elite packs and the trash. Although I did get some better techniques down, and I die less. I hit the enrage timer on a couple packs last night on some other pony farming runs. That's the first time I noticed it on elites. One of the elites went to like 2 billion max health, it was nuts.
    Sweet* teams - <unGankable> - Kil'Jaeden US Alliance - 10x Shamans, 9x DKs 1x Pally, 10x Drews

I've been off for a while. but want to add to this discussion here. I've also tried boxing act 3 with monks. With limited control, you just have to kill quickly. Your gear is pretty good already. 40k damage is needed IMO. I only boxed 2 as it needs finer control and monk (dex) gear is very expensive. My general strategy is:

1. if range/runners, just sit on it , spam, with thundering fist teleport, 1100 LOH + 70 life per spirit spent, I can normally survive enough to kill it.
    2. if melee, tank it if I can, if I cannot, I kite with CDs (only fight them when my CDs are ready). I use dashing strike to get out.

Elite skills:

1. the killer for monk is: wall (definitely skip) /jail (maybe kite a bit with serenity) /freeze (doable with kiting) + arcane + desecration, I recommend skip. this is just flat out not worth it. To your point, I think with 4, there are just too much stuff added (x 4 freeze , x4 desecration, x4 arcane). Your added damage is offset by added HP by the mob. The added stuff on the ground WILL instantly kill you.

2. molten also hurts a lot , but with enough resist 1500 buffed and LOH + LPS, you should be able to stand in it.

3. other skills: shielding, invulnerable minions, etc I find those manageable with enough LOH and LPS. and rotate heals + serenity.

all in all, it is a bit of challenge. and I don't see it can go smooth unless you have a 10 billion gold budget per monk.

-------------

also to add to the barb video. I play barb solo as my main. BARB right now is totally broken.

far far OP than anything else, the only thing comes close is the wizard crit + twister + nova chain stun build.

2 things made barb OP:
    1. the 4 Tornado on the ground have insane LOH %. With 1100, and 1.8 attack speed, you can regain HP back so fast it is not even funny.
    2. Wrath of Berserker is immue to all CC, double - triple your damage , and can be infinitely extended with Battle Rage (crit to add fury , gain fury to extend WOB duration).

THe only thing is Barb's WW spin need some control so it is not easy to box. and the above 2 things are heavily rumored to be nerfed.
    Last edited by MiRai : 07-06-2012 at 11:14 PM Reason: Merged

I've moved onto 4 witchdoctors and I'm doing fine in act 3 now, even with the stealth buff to affixes. Basically if you have to take hits you're looking at 250M +++ per character to gear up, more around 350M+++ if you want to not have to kite like a madman. Damage is everything and a really high dps LOH weapon is insanely expensive, needing 4 of them is extremely unrealistic. Basically 4 melee is not worth doing in my opinion. The game is broken on MANY levels though, I have never seen or heard of any team doing farming runs with more than 2 people. I've seen some mediocre attempts with 3, but zero 4 man farm runs without having 3 ranged + 1 tank. NOW? I don't know of anyone who does anything with melee in act 3 with the stealth buff that isn't either constantly kiting desecration as monk, or using the extremely OP Barb skills (LOH WW Barb).

Either way; this is a perfect example of what I'm talking about; http://imgur.com/a/RW8QA (That's not even act 3... You get stuck on mobs like that in act 3 you basically have to quit now, losing your 5 stack in the process...)

Minions + Desecration (or arcane) + 4 man = uninstall worthy, especially since the stealth buff to affixes. (Note the screenshots above were with 1 person only, hence the follower)

I don't know what blizzard was thinking with so many aspects of this game. I really genuinely want to enjoy it, however there are so damn many road blocks and/or lack of gear on a regular basis that I'm finding it extremely hard to maintain any level of genuine interest in even logging on anymore. I was hoping quadboxing would resolve this for me, however it's basically just 4x the moneysink (gold)... =(

You got some witchdoctors to act 3? that's awesome, I've been wanting to get me a group of them after seeing how well they can stun lock things. Must tell me more on their kill speed compared to monks and enjoyability.
    FFXIV - Aether - Sargatanas
    Twitch - https://twitch.tv/multidayz
    Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/c/Multidayz

It's faster than monks without question. Kick's guide is pretty nice, I just went a LOT more dps than he probably has. Once you meet enough survival with hp/resists/loh and you have the mana regen to constantly spam your ability; it's all damage from there. I actually added 4 bracers with knockback as well for a bit of added CC and then went really high int and crit where I could. There is no kiting like you have to do with monks most of the time so there's that little bonus to dps as well. =)

Doing 4 barbs i know i can make it work will post videos once 60 =-)
    5x Hunter-Avoïd, Avoîd, Avoìd, Avôid, Avöid--Bleeding Hollow server
    If You Don't Stand For Something, You Will Fall For Anything!

Quote Originally Posted by Lightsan View Post
    It's faster than monks without question. Kick's guide is pretty nice, I just went a LOT more dps than he probably has. Once you meet enough survival with hp/resists/loh and you have the mana regen to constantly spam your ability; it's all damage from there. I actually added 4 bracers with knockback as well for a bit of added CC and then went really high int and crit where I could. There is no kiting like you have to do with monks most of the time so there's that little bonus to dps as well. =)
    You know, I went to farm Act I and ditched my MF gear, to go full DPS (The spec in my video). Once I farmed it had a full bag of rares that I id's, I was like, well I got 5 stacks, I'll hit Whimsy - everything else in act 1 is clear.

So I went to Whimsy and did pretty damn well, I killed almost all the packs without wiping, I just had to kite 1 to the entrance.

If I had like 10k - 20k more dps on each guy, it would kick ass. I just don't have that kind of money right now. I can't even figure out a way to get that much more. The supply of kick-ass stun gloves and freeze belts are extremely limited.

I also put chill (4.0+) on 3/4 of my shoulders, it SEEMS like it's making a difference. Stun/Freeze is really key, but Chill might actually do something. I'm not sure if it reset their cast or what, but it's nice. I decided against knock-back/fear because it can knock them out of the AOE and then they cast arcane lazer or something.

So I'm happy with these guys, kiting is very, very limited, you can usually just sit in one spot and AOE. As I get better gear, it should be really nice. I've just got these tiny upgrades from time to time.

I bet Lightsan is going to have a lot of fun with higher DPS and survival.