Close
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 22
    Blog Entries

Default "BADBREATH" Hunter pet + macros

Go here for update on transcatt macro.mop version coming soon

http://www.dual-boxing.com/threads/4...ight=badbreath

This information is now MOP related and at the time of writing based on level 88

Introduction :-

Hi ok to the point,this video is not strictly multiboxing,but is a testbed as such,and the plan is to add 3 more hunters and maybe a priest..

I like to get to know a class before i play it multiboxing and this is what i have done here..

Along the way i have had 2 revelations and i wanted to share them here..it may not be spectacular to others maybe,but this combination is so fun to play at the minute..

It is really a pet and a bit of an unconventional macro..that's got me loling my head off when playing some time..i will explain below and you can see it in action in the short video.

The Pet:-

I have tried most of the pets,from monkey,wasp,cats,rinos etc and they all have there advantages and disadvantages,i do tend to go for the dps ones more so than the reduce armor etc types..

I must say too that this mainly concerns Beast Mastery..and you need 30 points in that talent tree to use the exotic ability's of the pets...

The pet i'm using at the minute and having the most fun with is..the chimera

It has the standard Bite..which does between 4000 - 8000 damage on level 85 test dummies at my level range

It has Frostbreath that does frost and lightning at the same time..and slows enemy for 5 secs

just these are fine on there own...and i probably would have missed the exotic ability if i hadn't looked in more depth at the pet tab

It is called Froststorm breath and it does... a frozen breath attack,mim 3000 to max 10000 plus frostorm damage ( my level 88) every 1.91 sec for 7 .66 secs to all enemies within 12 yards

I know its not a lot of damage but it is an aoe spell and most important it has NO cooldown..it only uses 20 focus and you do not even notice the loss of 20 focus..

So binding it to a key or macro it's spammable and the effect is cool and if your inside the froststorm you cant see anything lol..this alone confuses people..and this wall of blue chasing you down constantly must drive people crazy...i laughed my head of the first time i used it..

and i have yet to see anyone use this in a bg yet in the 4 years or so ive been playing...

I think 3 or 4 of these running at the same time..either on a single target or targetnearest enemy would be mad..

petopia is a great source for hunters..

http://www.wow-petopia.com/

And you can find the chimera's here..the model i use is a rare called Nuramoc from netherstorm

Use the addon NPC scan and NPC overlay to find the rares

http://www.curse.com/search?type=addons&search=_NPCScan

So below is "BADBREATH" my chimera in action.at level 74-76 pre MOP.and then i will talk about the macro after that

( Ohh viewed best in 720 hd FULL Screen,for a clearer video..the default 360 is blurry.you change the quality on the player )

And the first kill was just a hmm moment when defending the flag..but still a kill is a kill

Also on Warcraftmovies

http://www.warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=217283

I have had some pvp in alterac valley and we held the choke points..and i kicked myself for not frapsing it..but still i hope you can see why i have so much fun playing like this..

The Macro:-

I have posted here most if not all of the macros i use on my hunter..and you will see them below..

But for now i'll talk about this macro that has become my main kill button,which is a bit unconventional for a hunter macro

I in no way say this will give huge dps etc..it does not but its helped a lot with rogues and most classes,in combination with other macros and single spell casts which i will explain..

The normal macro for hunter can be a combination of arcane and steady shot..typically like below

Code:
    /petattack
    /castsequence reset=target Hunter's mark,arcane shot,arcane,steady shot,steady shot,arcane shot,arcane shot
    /cast Kill Command
    /script UIErrorsFrame:Clear()

As you will see on the keyboard layout i use the W,S,A,D for movement..the macro i am talking about is on key 4 and binded to my middle mouse button

This is the macro (At level 88)

This will also require BINDPAD addon to work as it goes past the 255 limit on macros

link here

http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/bind-pad

Code:
    /petattack
    /petdefensive
    /castsequence reset=target arcane shot,concussive shot,serpent sting,kill command,widow venom,tranquilizing shot,cobra shot
    /cast cobra shot
    /cast froststorm breath
    /cast kill command
    /cast tranquilizing shot
    /cast kill command
    /cast silencing shot
    /cast froststorm breath
    /cast charge
    /cast intimidation
    /cast silencing shot
    /cast arcane shot
    So a typical attack would go like this..arriving at arathi lumbermill...i hit the buff macro (F)
    This will cast beastial wrath,rapidfire etc..then i hit the middle mouse button and this macro runs

Hunter's mark on the target..1 arcane shot will do some damage to get things started,concussive shot will slow the enemy,and then serpent sting adds a dot to tick away..this is ideal for rogues if they haven't vanished already,and will unstealth them..by this time Badbreath is doing his thing and will kill command which normally does a good amount of damage,this take the focus right down,but ,but will drop down to the cobra shot casts or i then switch too my pure arcane castsequence macro (E) until all focus is used and then either go back to the macro above or to a pure steady shot macro (5) to get back some focus..

Added to this of course depends on the class im fighting i'll try to traquilze shot a mage to remove the frost bubble and like wise on a pally and also use widow venom to reduce healing etc

To see it more clearly in action watch the focus bar in the video when i am fighting galv in alterac valley.this uses all the above and the rogue who i find in the water..

Also of course while i am spamming this macro..frostbreath is constantly being used by the chimera

I am also using the kill macro on key (Q) which also has mend pet,kill command etc

For me the combination of the pet and this macro work well together..and it's useful for pesky ( in the nicest way) rogues,druids
    ,its not a do all kill macro and the dps does get me quite high on the counters if you look at the skada counter left side during the video..but its just something differant and proabably just the way i play..

here is my keyboard layout( key H) has been added recently to masters call)

Last edited by honeypot2011 : 10-06-2012 at 10:53 AM

Blog Entries

and here are most of the macros i use

hunter macros

1 auto attack
    2 freezing trap
    3 multishot
    4 transcatt macro
    5 steady2 macro
    6 scattertry1
    7 tranquilizing shot
    8 widow venom
    9 blank
    0 death1 macro
    - pet1 macro
    = mount

Y rogue1 macro
    I trap1 macro
    P dismiss pet
    R disengage
    J flare
    K hearth home
    U petsafe macro
    T everyman for himself ( i do have the normal remove fear etc trinket,but using this racial its only 2 min,compared to 5 for trinket)
    F buffs macro

f5 health
    f6 food

V behind macro
    H master1 macro
    C kill shot
    G camo
    B aspect1 macro

E arcane2 macro
    Q kill1 macro

macros

4 (binded to mouse button)

transcatt macro( unconventional macro,was a traquilizing shot/scatter shot macro,i never renamed )

EDIT:This is a work in progress at level 88

Also requires "BINDPAD" addon as it goes past the 255 of normal macro

http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/bind-pad

Transcatt macro -- uses bindpad

Code:
    /petattack
    /petdefensive
    /castsequence reset=target arcane shot,concussive shot,serpent sting,kill command,widow venom,tranquilizing shot,cobra shot
    /cast cobra shot
    /cast froststorm breath
    /cast kill command
    /cast tranquilizing shot
    /cast kill command
    /cast silencing shot
    /cast froststorm breath
    /cast charge
    /cast intimidation
    /cast silencing shot
    /cast arcane shot

STEADY2 -- Steady shot macro to add back focus-- i never really use this now
    Code:
    /petattack
    /castsequence reset=target Hunter's Mark,Steady Shot,Steady Shot,multi-
    shot,Steady Shot,Steady Shot,multi-shot
    /cast widow venom
    /cast kill shot
    /cast kill command
    scattertry1 -- Macro that will scatter shot on frisrt press,also casts trap launcher
    Code:
    /castsequence [@mouseover,harm][harm] reset=3 Scatter Shot,Trap Launcher,!
    Freezing Trap
    /petpassive

DEATH1 -- Basic feign death,but with snake trap added to make them move away from you and give them something else to think about
    Code:
    /cast snake trap
    /cast feign death
    /petdefensive
    Y
    ROGUE1 -- Clears target,and targets nearest enemy,sets pet to attack,casts disengage
    Code:
    /cleartarget
    /targetenemyplayer
    /startattack
    /petattack
    /cast Hunter's Mark
    /petassist
    /cast disengage
    L
    TRAP1 -- trap launcher macro
    Code:
    /cast trap launcher
    /cast ice trap
    R
    DISENGAGE -- Disengage macro
    Code:
    /cast freezing trap
    /cast disengage
    U
    PETSAFE -- Useful if your pet gets carried away and goes running after people in the distance
    Code:
    /petpassive
    /petfollow
    /cast Dash
    /cast Dive
    F -- uses bindpad

buffs -- Burn all buff cooldowns before main attack
    Code:
    /startattack
    /petdefensive
    /petattack
    /cast rabid
    /cast bestial wrath
    /castsequence reset=target blink strike,kill command,dire beast,kill command,arcane shot,stampede
    /cast blink strike
    /cast kill command
    /cast focus fire
    /cast rapid fire
    /cast kill command
    /cast stampede
    V
    BEHIND1 ( Instant view behind,press again to go normal view..)
    Code:
    /script FlipCameraYaw(180);

H

This macro changed with the addition of deterrance,and also if i run with a spirit pet,the spirit mend spell added

master1 -- Useful macro if your stunlocked and pet is near,will release you from stun,cast deterrence and spirit mend if running with a spirit pet

Code:
    /cast deterrence
    /cast [target=missrobihood] Masters Call
    /cast master's call
    /cast [target=missrobihood] spirit mend
    /targetlasttarget

B
    aspects -- 1 button aspect change
    Code:
    /cast aspect of the cheetah
    /cast aspect of the hawk

E -- Uses bindpad

ARCANE2 -- This is also used to cast readiness,to reset the cooldowns on the buff macro
    Code:
    /petattack
    /petdefensive
    /cast arcane shot
    /cast arcane shot
    /castsequence reset=target tranquilizing shot,arcane shot,cobra shot
    /cast froststorm breath
    /cast serpent sting
    /castsequence reset=target cobra shot,tranquilizing shot
    /cast dire beast
    /cast silencing shot
    /cast readiness
    /cast arcane shot
    Q
    kill1 (Sometimes use a rino pet to knock people off arathi lumbermill or off the ledge at the flag in eye of the storm :P)
    Code:
    /petattack
    /petdefensive
    /cast mend pet
    /cast froststorm breath
    /cast kill command
    /cast kill shot
    /cast horn toss
    O
    TRAP2 -- Another trap macro
    Code:
    /cast freezing trap
    /cast ice trap

for an explantion of the Transcatt macro plz go here..

http://www.dual-boxing.com/threads/4...ight=badbreath

And that is about it ..if you have any questions please ask

Now for a Disclaimer

Video wise

1 First time using sony vegas and i was/did have a footage in the video of my basically explaining what i have put down in written form here,but i am at present full of fluey cold,and my voice isnt that thrilling to listen too at the best of times..so i chose just to show badbreath in action

2 I'm not making any leet claims to be a great hunter,in video i twice and i do this sometimes,accidently press disengage when i am pressing keys..good job i have it on short cooldown :P

3 i should disable my walking backward key,i know its faster to run sideways..and i sometimes..fight moving backwards and forwards..even though i don't realize im doing it

4 editing wise i could have cut out a couple of seconds here and there..swimming through the water etc..but the last shot..i didnt want to cut because of the tauren coming over the bridge at the end..if cut it might have seemed like a separate attack..
    Also if you look at the chat box at one point i had a tell from a fellow hunter.saying how awsome the pet was where did i get it..get that alot in bgs..and i would have zoomed in on the text..if i knew how..

5 i am open to constructive cristism and advice..but plz be gentle with me,i am just having fun,and even though i'm sharing this,i know it won't be evryones cup of tea..

6 also now dreading to come up across 15 chimera's using froststorm breath in a bg..oops

Thankyou and bye bye )

Also if you like the UI ( i have added a couple of extra things,chocolate bar,skada but you can get it from here,also a great place for any hunter

http://huntsmanslodge.com/gar-ui/

PS This is my armory link ( can see my gear,talents,glphs etc )

I'm basiaclly in a mix of 85 conquest gear and MOP pve gear with any gems enchants i can get from AH

I'M a bit bad,do not tend to do any professions etc lol

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/kilrogg/Missrobihood/advanced

Last edited by honeypot2011 : 10-06-2012 at 11:21 AM Reason: Added macro explanations+warcraftmovie link

Thank you for the video and post, I am in the process of finishing up my five druids, this will be my next project. one healer and four hunters, and will tame these pets, four of these will definitely upset people.

Saraie

Blog Entries

Yw saraie and yes that sounds cool,i am loving the chimera at the minute,favorite pet at the moment,just the blue effect,the fact that its has no cooldown and is just spammable...its a great pet and i do get whispers alot saying awesome and where can they get it .look forward to see how you go with it when you get it set up..good luck!!!

Blog Entries

At level 84,soon to be 85 with Missrobihood on alliance..but also have my 5 box hunters who have made level 70 + and now have the 5 chimera pets.
    Have not yet done any pvp with them,as i need to reconfigure a few things and this is just recent..but hope to do some in the future..for now though here are a couple of pics,with the Froststorm spell running on all 5

Last edited by honeypot2011 : 07-20-2012 at 02:54 PM

Sweet looking!
    I have put my five druids on hold, they are at lvl65 now. Instead, I leveled 4 hunters to lvl60 now, how i missed RAF! Will continue to level them to 85 and add a pally healer to the group and see if PVP is fun or not with them. My pally is lvl85, and i drag her along for healing and rezzing, and of course, the boosting in dungeons!
    SaraiE

Blog Entries

Hi Saraie,sounds like a plan,myself i am still mainly on Missrobihood and should hit 85 over this weekend.Pvpwise the 80-85 bracket changes things a bit,mainly of course if you go in at 80 in your 70 pvp gear and up against 84 cata geared players..boy...do they hit you hard when you have like 16k and they have (depending on class) 40 - 80 plus k of hp lol.

But i like a challenge and i think if i can beat a higher one than me then i must be doing something right,its all practice .
    I do not tend to blow a gasket when i get beat anyway,well probably a few expletives under my breath :P

Have changed the "Transcatt" macro a little as i added in cobra shot,and also the frostbreath spell as before it was hit and miss if it used it,i tend to run now in foxy aspect only so i can cast on the move..also deterance and masters call can be a life saver,only thing i really could wish for..would be if they did a Spirit Chimera,so i could have spirit mend too lol.

Chimera though in alterac valley when you get those big choke point battles with lots of players..comes into its own..the aoe just damages everyone..and as the "froststorm breath" is just constant,none stop..they dropping all over the place and the players are worrying more about the pet than me,and wishing this damn thing with the blue smoke would just leave them alone.

You will probably have a go *5 before i do..i've tended to be more pve mulltiboxing wise..and i'm using pwnboxer,which is ok,but i think i would switch to isboxer so i can switch toons more easily if 1 dies..at present i am the typical non-boxer view of kill the head the rest will die..so
    Look forward to how you get on with them..

One last thing,not sure how you plan to go,with this whole haste/mastery thing.I know haste helps with getting off more shots,but mastery will help with more pet damage.
    I had a look at that mr robot thing and i know pvp wise it tends to go hit-crit-haste-mastery...and optimal looks like reforge most things to hit and crit which i suppose is obvious as you want to do the most damage you can,or to leave some mastery there for some pet damage..i suppose its down to personal preferance

And i have not really had much to do with anything coming up in the new expansion mop..so do not know whats really best for the future..pvp wise..

Anyway..goodluck you,enough of my rambling,must get back to a bit of leveling cu and ty for you comments x !!!

I need to screenie my x5 hunters they have same pet, its hilarious spamming the breathe in Org and people crowding around wondering what hell is going on

I couldnt help but to steal the name badbreathe and named all pets that for a while lol

Blog Entries

Hehe yes love that you have lol..and great to see them..i know in bgs just with my single player Badbreath..you gets lots of peeps asking wow cool pet.where did you get it etc...2 things i wish for though for chimera's..would be different colour froststorm breath..probably based on the colour of the skin..that would be cool...and 2nd a spirit version of the chimera would be greatl for the spirit mend spell etc..wishful thinking ..but..
    Came up against another chimera the other day in a bg too ...was fun to see them go head to head lol..
    Made my day Shania,thanks for sharing that

P.S Have you tried them all in pvp? just wondered if so how they went..i know if you standing in the blue stuff..you can;t see whats going on lol..so i imagine 5 would be like a wall of confusion ( obviously you can still be targeted,but all that blue in your face lol)..must be like oh geezz just leave me alone :P
    Last edited by honeypot2011 : 08-07-2012 at 07:34 PM