Close
Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

Default Can't get second account to load?

I finally decided to dual-box Diablo III. I followed the set up guide which is basically the same for other games I've used for ISBoxer/Innerspace.

However I cannot get a second account to load. It just loads one version of D3.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?
    ---------
    Never mind - I have it kinda working now. Need to revamp a couple things. One window won't work if it's the main and the other will but won't broadcast.
    ---------
    Anyone have any tips on getting this to work correctly? I followed the guide on setting it up, but I can't get it to work correctly.

My issues:

I can get two instances of Diablo III to open, but when I do window swap one disappears from my two monitors. If I swap to the other one then one is on each monitor which is fine, however I cannot get the mouse to control both windows.

So if anyone can help fix:

1. How do I make it swap windows and keep each on a window no matter which one I have on my main monitor?
    2. How can I turn on mouse repeating, I thought it was a default for "Broadcasting"?

Thanks!

Mal
    ---------
    I feel like I should just delete this post entirely.

Got both to load and the mouse repeater working. Have gone through the town portal quest (crown) and gotten my monks to level 7.

It's clunky compared to auto follow and the second window often runs off when they don't get my target. Going to have to rekey some stuff and see how that goes, but so far looks promising.

Still not in two separate windows yet, they are stacked one behind the other. ---- Any ideas on this?
    Last edited by MiRai : 06-30-2012 at 02:25 PM Reason: Merged -- Use The EDIT Function
    SWTOR -The Shadowlands Server - PVE Republic
    Malgor - 50 Soundrel Bonesaw : Hath - 50 Commando
    Wilma & Betti - 50 Dual-boxing Sages
    D3: Kaean#1993 and Malgor#1327

I have 4 different windows in the same resolution in 4 separate areas on my single monitor which runs 1920x1080. I had to do that because the mouse kept getting out of sync.
    The poetry that comes from the squaring off between,
    And the circling is worth it,
    Finding beauty in the
    dissonance

Mouse sync is a huge issue, and stacking and keeping them together in this game is a hugeee PITA. BUT!! hot diggity dog, it's fun when it works.

Traditional MMO though in my opinion is the king, follow is where it is at.
    Last edited by MiRai : 06-28-2012 at 10:23 PM Reason: Merged
    FFXIV - Aether - Sargatanas
    Twitch - https://twitch.tv/multidayz
    Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/c/Multidayz

Yeah if you thought runaways were bad in WoW, it is super frequent in D3. Sometimes I am able to go quite a while without it happening, but when stuff gets hectic it happens easily. I am unsure how well I will be doing in Hell.
    The poetry that comes from the squaring off between,
    And the circling is worth it,
    Finding beauty in the
    dissonance

Thanks for the replies.

I have accomplished what I set out to do and got my 2-woman monk team to 17 tonight. After watching the video about how to stack them in a corner to make sure the mouse is lined up correctly, I find that's pretty good except when in open areas and one runs off. Then I have to turn broadcast off and go retrieve them.

I finally got the 2 monitor thing to work correctly. I set it up with One monitor, but hated it, so just grab/dragged the second window to my other monitor picture and stretched them both to fit. Now it works perfect and i can see what's going on in my second window easily with two 27" monitors.

My only problem right now is with ranged mobs or ones that like to run off as well as goblins. The best technique for the melee classes is to just find a corner and let everything come to you and kill them there. Knock back if heals aren't up.

Happy with it so far. I think this will work great for farming later on when I get them to 60.

Monks get an ability called Cyclone Strike, it will suck all enemies within 24 yards to you. There is a rune that increases this to 34. Works extremely well up to Inferno, in inferno some of the bosses and goblins will resist it about 50% of the time, but all the trash will be sucked right you like the affix Vortex.

Also wanted to add, ranged classes are much easier in my opinion to Multibox due to being ranged - may find that less frustrating starting off.
    Last edited by MiRai : 06-30-2012 at 02:23 PM Reason: Merged
    FFXIV - Aether - Sargatanas
    Twitch - https://twitch.tv/multidayz
    Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/c/Multidayz

Quote Originally Posted by Ellay View Post
    Monks get an ability called Cyclone Strike, it will suck all enemies within 24 yards to you. There is a rune that increases this to 34. Works extremely well up to Inferno, in inferno some of the bosses and goblins will resist it about 50% of the time, but all the trash will be sucked right you like the affix Vortex.
    Thanks! I was using that but dropped it. I'll bring it back since I think I never use one of my abilities in slot 3 anyway.

Now that I'm getting the hang of it, and just update mostly my weapons every few levels, this is going pretty quickly. Beat Belial easily, when in the past I'd struggled with him on any level. It's nice to not have to move constantly like I do with my 60 wizard or my 55 witch doctor.