Close
Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

Default Restricted to starter edition for up to 72 hours

Hilarious. Trying out the multiboxing waters for this game and bought a second copy. I cannot play past the skeleton king for 3 days, and cannot trade or advance to level 13.

I guess I'll just play offline mode....oh wait...

For those of you who play 4, is it 4x hard to keep your characters together? I have to constantly resync and I only have 2. Seems like it might be a huge pita with 4.
    Last edited by MiRai : 06-26-2012 at 08:15 AM Reason: Language
    The poetry that comes from the squaring off between,
    And the circling is worth it,
    Finding beauty in the
    dissonance

Quote Originally Posted by d0z3rr View Post
    Hilarious. Trying out the multiboxing waters for this game and bought a second copy. I cannot play past the skeleton king for 3 days, and cannot trade or advance to level 13.

I guess I'll just play offline mode....oh wait...

For those of you who play 4, is it 4x hard to keep your characters together? I have to constantly resync and I only have 2. Seems like it might be a huge pita with 4.
    Change your password on the new account, and then change it back. It forces it to refresh. Had the same issue on 2 of my 4 accounts. Should remove the flag.

You get used to the character desync, I initially found it very frustrating but you change your playstyle a bit. Find easy areas to clump them all back together. Make sure if they gain run speed it matches on all of them. Also make sure the windows you play in are the same resolution across the board, need to make sure the mouse repeater is exact. For a while I had my extras on 800x600 for increase playability but the mouse cursor was off, causing desync to happen often. After fixing, it has been much more enjoyable.
    FFXIV - Aether - Sargatanas
    Twitch - https://twitch.tv/multidayz
    Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/c/Multidayz

Yeah I saw the password change trick, but several people reported that it wasn't working, even after 2-3 password resets.

I noticed that Isboxer mouse broadcast gets out of whack if you window swap windows. You have to swap them back, then back again, and the mouse should be in the correct spot on all windows. Initially my windows were stacked on each other so I didn't realize it, but when I moved one of them so I could see it all the time, I saw it happening.

I am having a slight delay too with the other window picking up mouse movements, it is slightly behind my main window. Are you seeing that too? Not sure if I need to adjust graphics settings and lower them...
    Finding beauty in the
    dissonance

I run on the lowest graphics setting possible on the additional 3 screens since I am not actively looking at them, only when loot drops. I have them on a secondary screen. I would probably stick them on the same screen similar to kicksome if my screen size was larger than 17 inches. Have not had any problems with the mouse like you are mentioning.

Wow, just found out SLI was disabled! I can't imagine how long it has been disabled, lol. Once enabled my FPS pretty much doubled, but still get slowdown in big open areas, drops to about 33fps.

The thing that sucks is even though I set my D3 resolution in the d3prefs file to match the zone in Isboxer, it still launches in 1920x1080 and is all smushed up. It makes reading text pretty damn hard. Not sure how to fix this one...
    Finding beauty in the
    dissonance

Quote Originally Posted by d0z3rr View Post
    Wow, just found out SLI was disabled! I can't imagine how long it has been disabled, lol. Once enabled my FPS pretty much doubled, but still get slowdown in big open areas, drops to about 33fps.

The thing that sucks is even though I set my D3 resolution in the d3prefs file to match the zone in Isboxer, it still launches in 1920x1080 and is all smushed up. It makes reading text pretty damn hard. Not sure how to fix this one...
    I thought SLI only worked in full screen mode, it wont help boxers since we use windowed mode. Is this no longer the case?

Play in fullscreen mode, isboxer makes it's own "windows", this improves fps dramatically. Also I set each screen to run at 20 FPS even on my main one. It plays a lot smoother than if the fps is stuttering around. My PC is about 3 years old with a newer one you may be able to get by setting the threshold a bit higher.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnGabriel View Post
    I thought SLI only worked in full screen mode, it wont help boxers since we use windowed mode. Is this no longer the case?
    SLI works in windowed mode as of early 2011.

Quote Originally Posted by Ellay View Post
    Play in fullscreen mode, isboxer makes it's own "windows", this improves fps dramatically. Also I set each screen to run at 20 FPS even on my main one. It plays a lot smoother than if the fps is stuttering around. My PC is about 3 years old with a newer one you may be able to get by setting the threshold a bit higher.
    If you put your game in Fullscreen mode, it's not fullscreen mode because, just as you say, ISBoxer forces it to windowed mode. You can't multibox multiple games on the same machine in fullscreen mode because one game in fullscreen takes full control of your system's display (and that obviously doesn't work for playing multiple games efficiently).