Close
Showing results 1 to 9 of 9

Default Going from 2 to 4 accounts worth it?

A week ago I got my 2nd copy of D3 and Im having fun boxing it. Getting my 2nd character alligned with my main every now and then is not too bad, but i was wondering how painfull it is having 2 additional characters to reallign?

Also, I know its too eary to figure out what the RMAH market will turn out to be. But for those of you boxing, would you expect to recoup at least the purchase price of each account throught the life of the game?

You must just like D3. I havent even played it solo more than an hour.

There are going to be alot of people hoping to make a living, even get rich off the RMAH. Personally I think it will bring in a little extra cash for Blizzard, but its not going to make anyone else anything.

Rated Arena Member

Im not a fan of D3 either, but there are people who have made quite a lot of money on it already.
    I know a guy who has made 70euro already, that is enougth to pay his food for 14 days.
    And it didnt really take him a long time to get that amount.

Quote Originally Posted by Selz View Post
    Im not a fan of D3 either, but there are people who have made quite a lot of money on it already.
    I know a guy who has made 70euro already, that is enougth to pay his food for 14 days.
    And it didnt really take him a long time to get that amount.
    Friend of mine has made over 5 grand >_>
    The Internet: We Know Drama
    If you're gona screw with my sig at least leave the thing bolded :P

Yeah, I made a few hundred and wasn't even trying. Act 1 inferno farm with 4x WDs is easy. Once you kill 5 elite packs and get your buff, I averaged about 6-8 rares per group each elite kill after that (total among my 4). You don't have as good a chance at the best gear, but not all the great gear is ilevel 63. Many great-rolled items can be 61 or 62, that sell for millions of gold. So if you farm Act 1, you have a ~28% chance at 61-63 items (72% chance at crap 50+ items). If you farm Act 3/4 you have a ~48% chance at 61-63 items.

Since I can farm Act 1 with almost 0 risk, and very fast, it's probably a better bet to just farm Act 1 with 4 guys, and do it in 1/5th the time with no downtime. The hardest part is just id'ing the items and looting.

I'm sure I could do Act 3/4 solo farm, but even the best players die quite a bit. Quad farming, it's very difficult, I can kill some elite packs, but it's tough. Even Act 2 is tough, but doable, just a lot of deaths.

High-end items (items level 61-63) will now drop in all Acts of Inferno and Acts III and IV of Hell difficulty

• The new approximate drop rates are as follows:
      • Hell - Act III and Act IV
        • iLvl 61: 9%
        • iLvl 62: 1.9%
        • iLvl 63: 0%

• Inferno - Act I
        • iLvl 61: 17.7%
        • iLvl 62: 7.9%
        • iLvl 63: 2.0%

• Inferno - Act II
        • iLvl 61: 18.6%
        • iLvl 62: 12.4%
        • iLvl 63: 4.1%

• Inferno - Act III and Act IV
        • iLvl 61: 24.1%
        • iLvl 62: 16.1%
        • iLvl 63: 8.0%
    Sweet* teams - <unGankable> - Kil'Jaeden US Alliance - 10x Shamans, 9x DKs 1x Pally, 10x Drews

What kind of build tactics do you use for WDs?

I've tried just about every build I can think of.

Right now, I stack a lot of CC gear on my WDs. Stun on gloves, freeze on belts, Stun/Freeze on weapons if I can find it, Fear on helm, knockback on bracers, slow on boots, chill on pants.

My main priority is Stun, Freeze. Those are great CC's - the rest aren't nearly as helpful.

I probably have about 5% stun and 5% freeze on each of the 4 WDs on average. So that's 40% per attack.

So, right now, I make a build around proc'ing those effects. Some spells are much better than others at doing this. I also don't want to worry about mana - it's just too much of an issue with 4 guys, all slightly geared differently.

So I use splinters, firepit (great at procing stuns)
    Spirit Walk - Jaunt or whatever
    Corpse Spiders - Spider Queen has an AOE (good at procing stuns, lasts 15 seconds so I don't need to keep casting it)
    Horrify - face of death on round robin 24 yard fear
    Zombie Wall - Barricade on round robin

Passives- spirit vessel, pierce the veil, fetish sycophants

This gives me lots of procs from my gear, and allows me to not have to kite everything, and do more "turreting".
    Sweet* teams - <unGankable> - Kil'Jaeden US Alliance - 10x Shamans, 9x DKs 1x Pally, 10x Drews

I think blizzard should put up some items themselves and net the entire profit from the RMAH instead of a tiny amount off every transaction. Oh, wait....the rumors are swirling...

Selling 1 item for 150 nets an entire years worth of sub costs from a wow subscriber in one quick virtual click. Which then they can make that item inferior to any other item when they see fit to release a better item off some random mob, to yet make that same person buy more and more shit ad nauseum. Most people are realiazing the game is all about maximing RMAH profits for blizzard and less about the dungeon crawl(really should be grind or farm more than crawl). They're manipulating the game to stimulate the virtual economy, nerfing IAS and NT is a perfect example. Not to mention the fact that blizzard is really forcing people to use the RMAH to progress because some of the gear checks are insane and the only solution is spending real money to get better gear.

No wonder I am seeing thousands upon thousands of DIII accounts for sale at the moment. I have never seen that many wow accounts for sale at one time, ever.

Edit: I am not bashing d3, I am just not liking the design of a game around an rmah.
    Last edited by Fat Tire : 06-22-2012 at 11:21 AM

I'm only playing 1 account, tempted to jump to four - but maybe not at the current box prices.. I only paid £21 for mine Amazon price promise from a very old pre-order.