Close
Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

Default Keeping characters together.

Ok I know I might be beating a dead horse over the head by asking this but i saw someones post and one line got my attention that makes me think he found something that might be useful. In any case any clarification would be awesome.
    Here is what his post went like:
    My first experience with Diablo3 and isboxer [Dual-boxing]

In one word amanzing, hehe
    I needed 30min to take the tric, after that u play like only one character ( but with the power of 2 sure)
    Its litte more hard than other multibox game but the difence that here we dont have /follow or /assist or /target

Trics to make it easy, first play 15 min alone, no multibox see how the game move and see what class u will like.
    2nd make put the repeter key at the mouse or easy access key, u will need to "move to my slave" lot of times, but if u have it at the mouse like me, it take half sec.
    3º make a video feed of your slave heal, mana / spirit, down f the window and other of ur slave "look around" video feed small but its give u the chanve of see if u dont take one item or gold.
    4º play some time, multibox its harder than other games, yes, but diablo its harder than other games ... I will try to 3box or 4 box some day, but now i will still play 2. Double players double fun, low issues

After that i will put my screenshoots after, i need go now to do an examn .)

PD: the way is "shift" attack EVER.

The main line i would like you to try and explain to me is the one in red there a function that hes using that I am missing? mind you i am a novice at Isboxer still.

All I believe he is saying is that he uses a mouse button to toggle Repeater (mouse and key broadcasting).

I was playing around with "Z" as my toggle broadcasting button yesterday for Diablo 3 (I wouldn't normally do this since it interferes with typing the letter Z, but the point being it's an easily accessible button); the default Shift+Alt+R is problematic for Diablo 3 if you're moving at the time because Shift is supposed to make you hold still

Anyway this method didn't really work until a few days ago, you can hold down the mouse button and be moving at the time you toggle repeater. The idea is you can turn off broadcasting while moving, and your main guy keeps moving while the others stop (perhaps after a few feet since it's click-to-move/hold-to-move...), then while continuing to hold the mouse button down, you just run straight through your other guy(s) and turn it back on at just the right moment. While holding the mouse down and continuing to move. This should result in a fairly smooth "pick up" of your other characters.

I tested it out playing a monk with a witch doctor (why do people insist on playing all 4 the same thing?) and it works great.

To change the default broadcasting Hotkey:
    1. In the top left pane under Key Maps, select "Always On" (for WoW players this Key Map is called Control)
    2. In the bottom left pane under Mapped Keys, select "Activate Repeat". It says next to it the Hotkey (Shift+Alt+R) so it should be fairly easy to spot.
    3. In the bottom right pane, at the top, is a Hotkey option. click the < to change the Hotkey to any desired button. It is not recommended to use a key that you will need to type with, since this Hotkey will not be disabled by the Key Maps toggle! You can use Mouse3, Mouse4, or Mouse5 if you want.

You can also make an alternate Hotkey for the existing one:
    1. In the top left pane under Key Maps, select "Always On" (for WoW players this Key Map is called Control)
    2. In the bottom left pane under Mapped Keys, RIGHT CLICK "Activate Repeat" and select "Create Alternate Hotkey"
    3. Select "Activate Repeat - Alternate Hotkey"
    4. In the bottom right pane, at the top, is a Hotkey option. click the < to change the Hotkey to any desired button.

Remember to Export to Inner Space to activate your changes
    Lax
    Author of ISBoxer
    Video: ISBoxer Quick Start

I did the same remaking the broadcast key to tab, same thinking since it has to be swapped on/off so often.
    FFXIV - Aether - Sargatanas
    Twitch - https://twitch.tv/multidayz
    Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/c/Multidayz