Close
Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

Default Quad boxing Witchdoctors Inferno Act 3 and 4

I played one Witchdoctor till 60, and geared him up quite a bit - about 60k dps and Inferno Act 4 up to Diablo. And then I started farming Inferno Act 3 and 4 and Inferno Pony - always solo with a hireling. I found it incredibly fun to mess around with your spec and gear, and check the AH for deals. There are so many different combos that can work.

As I was farming, I thought to myself, why don't I just do this on 4 characters and get 4x the loot and gold? I'm just farming for gold and items, it will save me a lot of time. 4x people is 4x the chance at loot. Which is much, much, much more advantageous than stacking 400% magic find (if you could), on one character.

So I bought 3 more copies of Diablo 3, setup the accounts, and setup ISBoxer. Piece of cake.

I put a lot of thought into what classes I should play. I know WD isn't the best class by any means, but the more I thought about it, the more I liked the fact that they have pets and lots of CC, and that could be a big advantage. They also have some nice buffs that happen to stack with different runes. So I started 3 more WDs, and just used my main level 60 to power level them through everything, repeating boss runs etc... It only took me 1/2 of the weekend to get them to level 60.

Once I got them all to 60, they all had about 600k gold just from quests and gold pickups. They had no gear aside from the stuff they picked up and put on automatically. So I went to the AH and bought them the best weapons I could for around 200k each, which happened to be about 870k dps WD daggers. I also had a few hand me down pieces from my main. Once they were fully equipped, they had about 30k dps each.

I started playing around with pet specs, and they rocked in Act 1, but Act 2/3/4 they weren't very effective.

I then started to stack CC gear on 3 of them, 4% stun on gloves, 3% freeze on belts etc... I tried to sacrifice as little DPS as possible, trying to buy items for maybe 50k on the AH each.

That actually worked pretty well, and it made things easier, a lot of automatic CC. I played around with tons of specs, hoping to find the perfect spec, but I haven't found it quite yet.

I also made some keymaps to round robin things like fear, zombie wall, and the AOE slows. That worked out great, and was very simple to do in ISBoxer.

So right now, I'm at the point where I can clear some elite packs in inferno act 3/4, I can farm some bosses in Act 3/4 (e.g. Siegebreaker, and the first boss in Act 4 very easily). The elite packs are hit and miss, some are just too hard and out of control, some are easy.

I've also picked up some really nice items as well on the alts that would sell for millions if I didn't want to use them.

It's been a lot of fun so far, I've been spending way too much time searching the AH and trying to find that perfect spec for doing elite packs.

D3 multiboxes pretty well, it's really no more frustrating than multiboxing wow - where sometimes you get feared or a follower get stuck on something and you have to manually adjust. It's not perfect, but D3 is all about farming, and this works way better than I expected it ever would. It's very viable and fun to box.

I'll post some specific about my specs and gear. I think I'm on to something after trying about 500 different specs.
    Sweet* teams - <unGankable> - Kil'Jaeden US Alliance - 10x Shamans, 9x DKs 1x Pally, 10x Drews

i did not know you could PL like that.. my wiz is almost 40 ( playing very casually ). I have had 3 accounts due to 3 annual subs on 3 bnet acnts of mine.. so i tired boxing a tad. for me it was a pain having to switch screens for loot, or when one gets stuck or somehow ends up outside the group, which is only a problem when your fighting something. But seeing that your farming Inf mobs and some bosses is inspiring to say the least.

If you could gives some tips on how you deal with looting, runaways/stuck toons ( during a combat ) Its easy enough to just switch to a toon when not in combat to get them back with the group, in combat it ends up getting someone killed when i try that.

But gratz on what you have accomplished so far!
    Currently 5 Boxing 5 Protection Paladins on Whisperwind Alliance
    The Power of Five!!! ( short video )

Blog Entries

There is a lot of information, on the Diablo 3 forum of the IS Boxer main site: http://isboxer.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=40
    EverQuest I: Bard / Enchanter / Druid / Wizard / 2x Magician.
    Diablo III: 4x Crusader & 4x Wizard.

My Guide to IS Boxer http://www.dual-boxing.com/showthread.php?t=26231 (somewhat dated).
    Streaming in 1080p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa
    Twitter: @Ualaa

Thanks for some good info. Was nice to see a worthy thread on "THE" forum, but most of it still crap, selling and price checks. Still mucky about in D3, might start dual boxing soon. Lots of fun right now, only at lvl 25
    RAF Tour Guide files are obsolete, I went to Zygor
    MultiBoxers play with themselves