Close
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Showing results 11 to 20 of 25

I love that word, baby boxer... Gave me a good laugh... =)

Anyway, Alge, thanks for the tip to help off with the minimum range thing. Only problem is, I have no idea what your talking about. I know what the end result will be, but the set up is still way to complicated for me. ;-)

Here's the problem. I'm Danish, so English isn't my native language. While my everyday vocabulary is okay, and I don't have to much of an accent in my videos, when it's getting into more technical things like what you described, I get into trouble. I did see some guide videos on the basic set up of my team, like the once on the front page of this site, really good videos by the way. But if there is a video showing a little more about the set up you're talking about, that would help out a lot.

Finally what JB was talking about, I'm not sure I would be the perfect guy to make guides for the new multi boxers, I've always been more of the “try it out, and if I fall down the horse, I'll just get back up again and try again”. My philosophy on videos has always been from the average players point of view, many exceptional people have done things before, I have struggled to do the same, but I finally did it. Hope you understand what I mean.

I had actually thought of making videos pretty soon, but only showing the success stories, where I do end up killing bosses and such. But maybe I should make some more where I do struggle to make it, and then try to show how to do it “correctly”.

To be honest, I was nervous with showing my first video here on the forum, mainly because my downing the bosses in the instance wasn't that pretty, and no doubt you guys could have made a much cleaner kill, but luckily you've been very supportive. So maybe it's about showing potential new baby boxers that it's okay to struggle. ;-)

(As you might have imagined, I love to ramble, both in videos and on text. =p )

Ziyall

I tried to set this up, but I don't really know how to. Do you know if there's a video for how to set something like this up, 'cause I'm guessing I would need to make a new setup, that it's not one of the standard custom made “moves”.

Quote Originally Posted by Ziyall View Post
    Anyway, Alge, thanks for the tip to help off with the minimum range thing. Only problem is, I have no idea what your talking about. I know what the end result will be, but the set up is still way to complicated for me. ;-)

Here's the problem. I'm Danish, so English isn't my native language. While my everyday vocabulary is okay, and I don't have to much of an accent in my videos, when it's getting into more technical things like what you described, I get into trouble. I did see some guide videos on the basic set up of my team, like the once on the front page of this site, really good videos by the way. But if there is a video showing a little more about the set up you're talking about, that would help out a lot.
    MiRai's next video is on Mapped Keys, or so I am led to believe, but until then there isn't a video that I am aware of...

In the instructions I gave before, everything I capitalised is a part of ISBoxer, and you are going to want to learn those terms eventually. Anyway, until then, the code below can be copied into ISBoxer.

1. Select all the text in the code box below and copy it to the clipboard (Ctrl+C).
    2. In the top part of ISBoxer, click on the "+" next to "Key Maps".
    3. Under "Key Maps", click on "General".
    4. In the bottom left part of ISBoxer you should see "General" and under it "Mapped Keys".
    5. Right click on "Mapped Keys" and choose "Paste Mapped Key from Clipboard". A new Mapped Key will be created called "Others Back".
    6. From the menu in ISBoxer, choose File, Export All to Inner Space.

Now while you hold down Ctrl+S in WoW your slaves will move backwards.

Code:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
    <Box xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">
      <ObjectType>ISBoxer_Toolkit.Configs.KeyMaps.MappedKey</ObjectType>
      <SerializedObject>&lt;?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?&gt;
    &lt;MappedKey xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"&gt;
      &lt;Name&gt;Others Back&lt;/Name&gt;
      &lt;Description&gt;Make sure your movement keys are configured under Variable Keystrokes in order to use this!

This can be used to break auto-follow (some games do not provide a more convenient method), just set a Hotkey and, if needed, change the key it sends to the other windows in step 1.&lt;/Description&gt;
      &lt;Combo&gt;
        &lt;Combo&gt;Ctrl+S&lt;/Combo&gt;
        &lt;Modifiers&gt;Ctrl&lt;/Modifiers&gt;
        &lt;Key&gt;
          &lt;Key&gt;S&lt;/Key&gt;
          &lt;Code&gt;31&lt;/Code&gt;
        &lt;/Key&gt;
      &lt;/Combo&gt;
      &lt;Hold&gt;
        &lt;Value&gt;true&lt;/Value&gt;
      &lt;/Hold&gt;
      &lt;SendNextClickBlockLocal&gt;false&lt;/SendNextClickBlockLocal&gt;
      &lt;ManualLoad&gt;false&lt;/ManualLoad&gt;
      &lt;ResetTimer&gt;0&lt;/ResetTimer&gt;
      &lt;ResetType&gt;Never&lt;/ResetType&gt;
      &lt;Mode&gt;OnRelease&lt;/Mode&gt;
      &lt;Steps&gt;
        &lt;Step&gt;
          &lt;Stick&gt;0&lt;/Stick&gt;
          &lt;Stop&gt;false&lt;/Stop&gt;
          &lt;Stump&gt;false&lt;/Stump&gt;
          &lt;Actions&gt;
            &lt;MappedKeyAction xsi:type="VariableKeystrokeAction"&gt;
              &lt;Target&gt;all other&lt;/Target&gt;
              &lt;Name&gt;Move Backward&lt;/Name&gt;
              &lt;RoundRobin&gt;false&lt;/RoundRobin&gt;
            &lt;/MappedKeyAction&gt;
          &lt;/Actions&gt;
        &lt;/Step&gt;
      &lt;/Steps&gt;
    &lt;/MappedKey&gt;</SerializedObject>
    </Box>

The Mapped Key Wizard has a "Key Re-map" option you can also use. It has only the options you would care about in order to make a key that can do something like map Ctrl+S to send S in all other windows, including a check box that says you want it to Hold S (instead of just instant-fire) because it's a movement key.
    Lax
    Author of ISBoxer
    Video: ISBoxer Quick Start

It would be nice to have a video/guide request thread
    Just remember what ol' Jack Burton does when the earth quakes, and the poison arrows fall from the sky, and the pillars of Heaven shake. Yeah, Jack Burton just looks that big ol' storm right square in the eye and he says, "Give me your best shot, pal. I can take it"

Quote Originally Posted by Lax View Post
    The Mapped Key Wizard has a "Key Re-map" option you can also use. It has only the options you would care about in order to make a key that can do something like map Ctrl+S to send S in all other windows, including a check box that says you want it to Hold S (instead of just instant-fire) because it's a movement key.
    Hi Lax,

What would that look like on the keymap itself? Just repeating S several times (how many?) Or an actual 'click and hold' functionality/toggle?

I am Danish as well, though born in the U.S.

Quote Originally Posted by argentina View Post
    Hi Lax,

What would that look like on the keymap itself? Just repeating S several times (how many?) Or an actual 'click and hold' functionality/toggle?
    It does exactly the same as when you hold down any movement key. So, when you hold down "W" (ignoring ISBoxer for now) your character moves forward as long as you keep "W" held down. However, if you press "1" (again ignoring ISBoxer) it will only fire off the ability once, either on key press or key release, depending on how the game is coded (normally release).

The default mode for ISBoxer is to treat all Mapped Keys like a "1", activating on either press or release (or even press and release). However, to enable movement keys to work properly when activated through ISBoxer you need to use the Hold option which gives you the behaviour you expect from movement keys (your character continues to move while the key is held down).

Note: this is not a way to enable auto-fire using ISBoxer and you can't use it to do that because games interpret movement keys differently.
    Last edited by Alge : 05-28-2012 at 04:32 AM Reason: grammar

Quote Originally Posted by JackBurton View Post
    It would be nice to have a video/guide request thread
    ISBoxer Guides and Guide Requests Forum

Btw, I know this isn't the right forum topic to be asking this, but now that I've got your attention.

Are there any teaming up between multi boxers? Maybe two with a 5 man team each doing a 10man raid, or something like that? And if so, where could one find a potential partner for future play?

And if and when skirmishes ever become available cross realm, so there could be some 5v5 against two multi boxers, that could make for some really cool videos.