Close
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 25

Thread: Diablo III

Hybrid View

Default Diablo III

Its pretty nice.

I will probably play that for awhile to relieve some of the WoW burnout.

What are the perceived benefits of having multiple accounts? I saw that MF is averaged among party members, so could you have an AFK character with full MF gear and another with heavy combat gear? and benefit from higher MF than you would have done on your combat char

Quote Originally Posted by dancook View Post
    What are the perceived benefits of having multiple accounts? I saw that MF is averaged among party members, so could you have an AFK character with full MF gear and another with heavy combat gear? and benefit from higher MF than you would have done on your combat char
    Relevant discussion: http://isboxer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=2338
    Lax
    Author of ISBoxer
    Video: ISBoxer Quick Start

Well after a couple days of playing I am already pretty bored with it. Its visually nice and very few bugs, but it just doesnt have the same staying power as WoW to me.

I remember playing Diablo on the PS2 and it felt just like this, just greatly improved graphics now.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnGabriel View Post
    but it just doesnt have the same staying power as WoW to me.
    Frankly, once I got into MMOs, regular single-player games just felt shallow unless they had a great story to tell. And even then, considering most single-player games are designed to provide less than 20-40 hours of entertainment (aka "content") I have a really hard time investing anything in them until they go on the bargain rack. I'm pretty much either playing MMO or RTS games these days.

[edit] And I don't consider the same instance cut & pasted with the same monsters at different levels to be content.

[edit2] No multimonitor support? http://www.wsgf.org/blog/skipclarke/...y-blizzard-why -- that's an interesting justification: "with a fixed isometric it doesn't make much sense." Bullshit. I play all sorts of RTS games. My favorite layout is the isometric view on one screen and maps/status/etc. on the other. Example:
    Last edited by Ughmahedhurtz : 05-18-2012 at 12:23 AM
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

Quote Originally Posted by Ughmahedhurtz View Post
    Frankly, once I got into MMOs, regular single-player games just felt shallow unless they had a great story to tell. And even then, considering most single-player games are designed to provide less than 20-40 hours of entertainment (aka "content") I have a really hard time investing anything in them until they go on the bargain rack. I'm pretty much either playing MMO or RTS games these days.

[edit] And I don't consider the same instance cut & pasted with the same monsters at different levels to be content.

[edit2] No multimonitor support? http://www.wsgf.org/blog/skipclarke/...y-blizzard-why -- that's an interesting justification: "with a fixed isometric it doesn't make much sense." Bullshit. I play all sorts of RTS games. My favorite layout is the isometric view on one screen and maps/status/etc. on the other. Example:
    Only my favorite RTS of all time. So much better than Starcraft in every way.
    EVE Online Get Ships. Train Skills.

did anybody buy a physical copy and have a guest pass by chance? I bought Tera this month, and i have to admit am not liking it.. really regretting not saving/waiting for diablo 3.

I really wish more games picked up on the zoom in/out and dualscreen of Supcom...I feel gimped now every time I play any other game.
    I tried windowed dualscreen in wow for a bit. used a viewport addon to put the game window on 1 monitor, and addons on the 2nd. But it meant I couldn't use the same interfaces between solo and multiboxing, so I dropped it.

back on topic: I logged into D3 for a while, but didn't find it very engaging. Got bored pretty quickly, didn't help that I would always unintentionally comb the entire map before finding the exact spot I had to go. So, I haven't played it since the day it came out. There was also the issue of a single player game being played on internet servers. Why in the world would I want to play single player while lagging??!? Also, when I go away next month, 4 days without internet, I don't even have the option of playing it.

It's kind of odd since I used to love playing Dungeon Siege 1/2 repeatedly (3 was terribad).

Alliance-Aman'thul

D3, for me, will be a game i play when servers are down. I also feel like it is very simple game in content and game mechanics. I am also a victim of my MMO playing ruining my single game playing experiences. For me its MMOs and FPSs, i do like a tad of RTS but I suck at it, so only play them on a rare occasion. I am looking forward to CaC:G2 though 8)
    Currently 5 Boxing 5 Protection Paladins on Whisperwind Alliance
    The Power of Five!!! ( short video )

Quote Originally Posted by Lyonheart View Post
    D3, for me, will be a game i play when servers are down. [..snip..]
    Well if the WoW servers are just down for maintenance then sure you can play D3. But its an online only game, cant play it offline like the previous diablos.