Close
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 56

Default Boxing Diablo III

Has anyone given any more thought to boxing Diablo III? I know it will probably be complicated as all get out, but I'm wondering if anyone has given any thought to technique?

Right now I'm thinking a group of mages might do pretty well with their arcane beam thing, or witch doctors for walls and minions.

Control is definitely going to be interesting, but I don't think we'll have too many issues if someone comes up with a good set of broadcasting software. Maybe something that only clicks when the mouse is clicked, but the mouse position moves based on the position of the leader so your followers are always moving near the lead.

Given the RMAH, I imagine there is going to be a huge demand for people to try and box as their "profession", even though most of us doing it now have an income that would put gold farming to shame. I wouldn't mind making some cash on the side, I mean 50$ a week is still 50$ a week, especially if it's something you'd be doing anyway.

Anyway, just curious if anyone else has given any thought to it.

Since the game is 90% mouse dependent (from my exp with D2), no. I might be wrong but feels like a bad idea.
    <Autobots Roll Out>
    Outland EU Alliance Multiboxing Guild

Glows Movies @ WCM
    Movie account stats: ~300 000 views - 4.69/5 rating

Someone needs make this work!

Please let Diablo 3 have follow! (and interact with target, and assist)

I could see possibly making a bunch of AOE classes just having mouse broadcasting all the time, spam some sort of AOE. Just takes some minor trick yet to be discovered to make it work.
    Sweet* teams - <unGankable> - Kil'Jaeden US Alliance - 10x Shamans, 9x DKs 1x Pally, 10x Drews

i love the idea of boxing Diablo 3! that would be awsome! hopefully we can get some clever individuals into the Beta!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kicksome View Post

I could see possibly making a bunch of AOE classes just having mouse broadcasting all the time, spam some sort of AOE. Just takes some minor trick yet to be discovered to make it work.
    WON'T HAPPEN lol

Quote Originally Posted by Kicksome View Post

Sure I'll get on the programming team at Blizzard and tell them to make this game multiboxing friendly.... yeah NOT Gonna happen LOL

Quote Originally Posted by tundra622 View Post
    hopefully we can get some clever individuals into the Beta!!

I think any game that has group mechanics should have /follow and /assist in them. I mean if i were a game Dev, It would be a non brainer to make a game where some people will want to buy multiple copies for themselves. I mean come on!!! DUH!!
    Currently 5 Boxing 5 Protection Paladins on Whisperwind Alliance
    The Power of Five!!! ( short video )

Quote Originally Posted by Lyonheart View Post
    I think any game that has group mechanics should have /follow and /assist in them. I mean if i were a game Dev, It would be a non brainer to make a game where some people will want to buy multiple copies for themselves. I mean come on!!! DUH!!
    That helps botters too much.

Blog Entries

I doubt boxing will be possible, perhaps even be frowned upon for diablo3 by blizzard.

From a UI/client standpoint, too many problems would come from there being no lock on targeting, just soft targeting, IMO.

Also, with them saying Absolutely No Addons/Or Mods makes me lean towards they do not want anything running in the background interacting with their games. With the addition of the real money AH they are going to combat botting on a more agressive approach than thier other games, and while the debate of fairness to the multiboxing community, blizzard is probably going to take the approach of no external influence at all. While the option of hardware boxing would be much easier to impelement in that situation, with no mods or addons, you can almost state with a level of certainty that there is no macros or editable commands, at least in the beginning.

tl:dr - It is my personal opinion that boxing will not be possible at all. This of course is subject to change if any information comes out that would show otherwise.
    Check out my live stream @ http://www.twitch.tv/Crum151 and my website @ http://www.crumspeaks.com