Close
Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Isboxer help

Default Isboxer help

so I followed the how to configure ISBoxer like a pro guide and it was tremendously helpful, but I've followed all the steps on there and am having some problems. whenever I use my named wow macro keys, which I have all but my healer using for ease in setting up new teams. I thought of it after I had already set him up and didn't get around to changing it over to named macros instead of ones that I wrote inside the holy priest keymap.

Here's what is happening. On the 4 toons using named macros(DK+3spriest), they all just open up random windows when pressed-the pvp pane, quest log, profession pane, dungeon map. My current ISBoxer setup .xml file is here if it would be helpful to take a look at it:

http://www.privatepaste.com/df9d7f8023

Also, if you happen to notice any other area that might need improvement in there, don't hesitate to say something. I'm open to criticism.
    Last edited by nicbennett1 : 04-30-2013 at 11:50 PM Reason: moved XML file to privpaste per suggestion

Is the ISBoxer add-on enabled on every character?

EDIT: And for future reference, don't share your raw XML file because then your user information is exposed. Here is the procedure that most people follow - Link.

Ah, it resolved itself. Dumb mistake-I had set up my characters to use the macros I named under game helper and then exported, but I forgot to reload my screens. Thank for for the help though.

Edit: I've now changed the original post in accordance with your advice. Thank you, I'll remember that
    Last edited by nicbennett1 : 04-30-2013 at 11:43 PM

Alrighty. Some other things I saw browsing through your profile:

1) You're assisting twice -- Once in your Combat Hotkeys and once in the macros you just wrote. It's not necessarily a bad thing, but I would suggest not putting assists into your macros unless it's absolutely necessary. You would probably be better off just handling it either automatically (like you're already doing in Combat Hotkeys) or manually (using a separate key).

2) I don't know if this is going to hurt you at the moment, but your Quick Setup 38 WoW Macros from the Game Helper are not assigned to any of your Character Sets.

3) None of your characters have a game or game profile assigned to them (not sure how they're even launching). I'll assume since the XML file you provided has the word 'backup' in it, that this isn't what you're actually using to export your settings to Inner Space.

4) You're using World of Warcraft Macro Actions on your Holy Priest which is a deprecated function rather than using Named World of Warcraft Macro Actions and calling them from your Game Helper section (like you've already done with your Blood DK and Shadow Priest Mapped Keys). A warning in blue text at the top of that specific pane states that the Action you're using for the Holy Priest macros has been superseded by another Action.

That's all I've got for the moment.

Mirai-thank you for the look through.

1. I see what you mean about assisting in the combat hotkeys and then again in the macro, I didn't realize the first one was there when I was setting up those macros.
    2. Thank you, I fixed that now.
    3. I'm not sure why that happened, but I assure you I have a game set up. It launches all 5 wow clients with no complaints.
    4.I also know I need to change my Holy priest over to named macros. I started with that one and realized only when I started the shadow priests how much more efficient it would be to use named macros. I'm going through to change those over tonight, I think.

Also, I'm having a problem where my shadow priests are not doing their DPS rotation unless they are the main screen. They do it fine if I highlight them, and the DK and healer are doing their thing, but all I get from the shadow priests during their DPS rotation is prayer of mending-nothing else comes though. Also worth noting-the buff and pre-pull keys work, just not the DPS. It doesn't appear that my interrupt key is working either.

Alright, thanks to the help, I have it up and running now. Turns out the shadow priests were not getting the assist command before they tried to cast their harmful spells and then either had no target or had a friendly target.

Now all I have to do is tweak my DPS macros to where I get a non-shameful amount of DPS and figure out how to heal efficiently.

Blog Entries

*obsolete macro*
    Last edited by luxlunae : 10-03-2014 at 11:03 AM